Lady Raiders vs Lady Bulldogs

Poor froggie, you must be absolutely livid right now.  Them poor old undeserving girls from Lumberton found a way to beat those mighty dogs again.  I actually like the way that sounds.  You just keep on thinking about how much better Ned is for years to come.  I think Lumberton rather likes being the underdogs flying under the radar.  Thanks Shark, you are way closer to the mark here.  Lumberton recorded only 6 saves and none of them needed to be spectacular.  Some people count errant passes that roll to the keeper or past the byline as shots.  You are also correct about taking their lumps early on.  Man was it a brutal preseason.  However, by the time this game rolled around i can only pick out 6 of the starters that were in the same position when they played PNG and Nederland early on.
FF:  Not a 1st or 2nd rd exit last year.  They made it to the Quarters and graduated 12 seniors.  I know thats nothing to a man who roots for a team that has all kinds of premier talent to choose from, but its pretty amazing for us who know we have to work that much harder to get there.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rebel2" post="783507" timestamp="1269866384"]
Frogger09..........shots on goal 24-4?  I want some of want ever you are smoking because it has to be great.
[/quote]

Per the PANEWS, Nederland took  14 shots and lumberton took 7

I can bet the newspaper man counts each time the keeper touches the ball.  A ball lobbed in as a cross is not a shot.  And I would believe that is some of his or her counts.  Nederlands las defender  ;) for ninety percent of the game kept lumberton from getting any quality looks at goal and for sure lumberton only had the six shots.  Nederland had several balls played in their keeper picked up but I do not think htey were shots.  Again what a  fun game to watch.

[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="783532" timestamp="1269869205"]
I can bet the newspaper man counts each time the keeper touches the ball.  A ball lobbed in as a cross is not a shot.  And I would believe that is some of his or her counts.   Nederlands las defender  ;)[b] for ninety percent [/b] of the game kept lumberton from getting any quality looks at goal and for sure lumberton only had the six shots.  Nederland had several balls played in their keeper picked up but I do not think htey were shots.  Again what a  fun game to watch.
[/quote]

I am going to have to say it was more like 98% ;)

Congrats to the Nederland and Lumberton girls for giving 100 percent in the game. Like Shark said- It was the best four bucks you could have spent Friday!
So what if Waco waxes Lumberton tonight. It has been a fun and exciting ride for the Lumberton players. They were supposed to be rebuilding. Instead they are in round 4.
I am a Lumberton parent and have club coached most of the girls on Lumberton and several of the girls that are on the Nederland team.  I can tell you that these are all some terrific kids and they don't get nearly as bitter or P.O'ed about the game(s) as some of us fans do! 
Awesome effort by both teams. 

[quote name="fiveoclocksomewhere" post="783571" timestamp="1269874613"]
Congrats to the Nederland and Lumberton girls for giving 100 percent in the game. Like Shark said- It was the best four bucks you could have spent Friday!
So what if Waco waxes Lumberton tonight. It has been a fun and exciting ride for the Lumberton players. They were supposed to be rebuilding. Instead they are in round 4.
I am a Lumberton parent and have club coached most of the girls on Lumberton and several of the girls that are on the Nederland team.  I can tell you that these are all some terrific kids and they don't get nearly as bitter or P.O'ed about the game(s) as some of us fans do! 
Awesome effort by both teams.   
[/quote]

Totally agree. Good Luck to y'all tonight.
and thanks for all the support you gave roo in all the years you coached her...I miss that team :'(

What I deleted was not a viable post to be on the board. He was bashing of the Nederland team and this area, if he does not like it then go elsewhere. I did not delete some post that had some great information in it. The FF post I deleted was in bad taste. People are acting like he has some great track record on here and I deleted a post which did not bash our teams. I took up for our teams in this area and would do the same for a post which bashed Lumberton. If you don't like it then I'm sorry but as a mod it is my duty to make sure our teams are taken care of and that is what I did.

I wish Lumberton the best of luck and hope they represent our immediate area well.

There is much love for Roo in L Town! All the former Fillies and their parents were cheering for her, much to the chagrin of the Lumberton fans sitting around them! LOL
Personally, I have longtime connections to both teams. Not only did I coach players from both teams, but I kinda introduced Nederland Coach Julie Johnson to soccer way back in the day. I recruited her to play for a womens team that I coached back in the 80's. It was her first soccer playing experience. We remain friends today. Julie was a pretty good outside mid. But I could never get her to play defense worth a dang! LOL  Come to think of it, that womens team was named the Fillies also.
OK, I just admitted to being a dinosaur. That's almost as old as Shark.

When the UIL announced 4 teams would go to the playoff's in all sports from 1A-5A, it would have been nice if they had split all the sports into division's I and II like football and have 2 champions.  That would give Lumberton, and other small 4A teams for the Goldentriagle and the state a more realistic chance to go further in the playoff's.  As mentioned in one of my previous post, it is hard for Lumberton with a student body of 1063 to compete with Midway, which has a student body of 1969.  If half of the students in each school are girls, that gives Miday 453 more girls to build there team from.  Or almost twice as many as Lumberton.

Oh well, since football makes all the money and is "THE" sport of Texas, all other sports will be 2nd, 3rd or 4th fiddle, with soccer falling somewhere beyond that.

Also sports girl, there is a difference between playing aggressively within the rules and beyond the rules.  Unfortunately, for Nederland, the ref thought the Nederland was playing beyond the rules with the jersey pulling and blatant elbows.

[quote name="sports girl" post="783721" timestamp="1269895161"]
[quote author=Rebel2 link=topic=67823.msg783272#msg783272 date=1269789287]
    Also in regards to the Lum-Ned game, I haven't heard much about the ref's other then the one commemt from the 'high' Ned fan about Ned dominating the game.  I thought is was one of the best refed games I have seen in the GoldenTriagle area.  Ned has played like that for the 4 years I watched when my dadughter played and were unluckly to get a group of ref's that weren't going to put up with it.  I feel sorry for the student athletes because they are just doing what they are being taught.
[/quote]I can not believe this. Lumberton won the game. They did get lucky. It was going to be one of the teams getting lucky. As for the refs. They were terrible. They were trying to pick arguements with the girls. She was clearly one sided on her calls. She would move right into the way of our player trying to make a play. I have heard biased people and Lumberton fans say the same thing. I can not believe that Lumberton is still complaining about nthe game and of course they thought the ref was good, they won. They need to move on and concentrate on their next opponent. As for as one player making all of the stops for Nederland that is a very unfair statement. I feel like all of the defensive players had some good stops and every player did a great job. But of coarse they would only give her credit. She played for them. I find it crazy that Lumberton can not get over themselves. Also, soccer is a rough sport. [b]No room for whiners [/b] and if you think getting cards is a bad thing it is not. That just means you are aggressive. There is no reason to complain about the Nederland coach because you feel the team is rough. These girls are in high school they are not six anymore and like I said soccer is a rough sport. There is no need to continue bashing the girls or the coaches you won. Show class and be a good winner instead of a sore winner.
[/quote]

What sports girl means is there is "no room for whiners" except for her.

Very true that the fans freak about winning and losing more than the players!  The girls play to win every single game! Lumberton, Nederland, PNG girls continue to add credibility to the soccer in SETX.  Silsbee, Jasper, LCM, HF, Vidor, too. 
Best of luck to the Lumberton girls tonight, and if they lose, you can bet I will be pulling for Midway at the Region 3 tourney on Friday!!!!

[quote name="Gabe" post="783587" timestamp="1269875816"]
What I deleted was not a viable post to be on the board. He was bashing of the Nederland team and this area, if he does not like it then go elsewhere. I did not delete some post that had some great information in it. The FF post I deleted was in bad taste. People are acting like he has some great track record on here and I deleted a post which did not bash our teams. I took up for our teams in this area and would do the same for a post which bashed Lumberton. If you don't like it then I'm sorry but as a mod it is my duty to make sure our teams are taken care of and that is what I did.

I wish Lumberton the best of luck and hope they represent our immediate area well.
[/quote]

Gabe, you have now moved from being a bad censor to being an outright liar.  Deleting posts and then lying about the contents is just stupid.

The post of mine that you deleted said absolutely nothing about the Nederland team, much less anything that bashed them.  Deleting a post on a public forum and and them lying publicly about what it said can get YOU in lot's of hot water!  As for my deleted post, it said -- entirely accurately -- that the road to a Regional Championship passes through Friendswood; not through Midway, Brenham or anywhere else.  Frankly, I'll put my track record for truthfulness up against yours ANY TIME.  

Now, can I be annoying?  Probably so, but we are all living in glass houses when we start to make that complaint -- I mean seriously folks, we are posting on a message board.  

As for your suppposed policing of bad taste, and your parochial defense of the locals, by all means continue to allow posts arguing about which fans are lower class -- that strikes me as being sort of like watching a kettle call a pot black.  Why not ask your fellow "mods" (that's short for moderators, right?) whether they agree with your actions.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="783766" timestamp="1269900591"]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=67823.msg783587#msg783587 date=1269875816]

[/quote]

Gabe, you have now moved from being a bad censor to being an outright liar.  Deleting posts and then lying about the contents is just stupid.

The post of mine that you deleted said absolutely nothing about the Nederland team, much less anything that bashed them.  Deleting a post on a public forum and and them lying publicly about what it said can get YOU in lot's of hot water!  As for my deleted post, it said -- entirely accurately -- that the road to a Regional Championship passes through Friendswood; not through Midway, Brenham or anywhere else.  Frankly, I'll put my track record for truthfulness up against yours ANY TIME.  

Now, can I be annoying?  Probably so, but we are all living in glass houses when we start to make that complaint -- I mean seriously folks, we are posting on a message board.  

As for your suppposed policing of bad taste, and your parochial defense of the locals, by all means continue to allow posts arguing about which fans are lower class -- that strikes me as being sort of like watching a kettle call a pot black.  Why not ask your fellow "mods" (that's short for moderators, right?) whether they agree with your actions.

[/quote]

And Sharkie -- who is not a fan of mine -- has already vouched for the fact that my post was not what you have represented.

I don't think it is what FF says as much as the arrogance in which he says it that bothers most people that read these boards. If everyone ignored him, he would go away, but as long as you let his arrogance bother you, he will continue to foam at the mouth of Friendswood's greatness like a rabid dog.  You cannot argue with 4 straight region championships.  However, if Friendswood wins region III again, they will again be LOSER'S of the State Championship along with the rest of us.  As Julie Johnson said, "If you don't win state, your last game is a lose." 
  I am just assuming that Friendswood's goal is to bring home a State Championship every year, where some of the smaller teams of lesser talent's goals are a little less loftier.  Is loftier a word?  All have a great evening.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder