POLL - for LU Baseball. Challenge you to participate

Are you a season ticket holder for Lamar Baseball? No

If not do you go to the games and buy Gen. Admission? Yes

Are you a member of the Cardinal Club? No

Do you attend at least 75% of home games at Vincent Beck? I have been to about 4-6 games so far his year.

Why the questions?  ??? ???

Are you a season ticket holder for Lamar Baseball? No

If not do you go to the games and buy Gen. Admission? Yes

Are you a member of the Cardinal Club? No

Do you attend at least 75% of home games at Vincent Beck? No

This sounds like someone upset over questions about LU Baseball. I have been one that have brought up questions about the program. Some of these questions is because I don't attend alot of games partly due to three boys that play baseball and I would rather be at their games than any college game. I would like for some people that do attend alot of the games tell me whats been going on the last five years. I go watch LU when they play the big name teams at home though. I love college baseball though.

[quote name="baseball25" post="781768" timestamp="1269530000"]
Are you a season ticket holder for Lamar Baseball? N0- They don't play any teams that I want to go see, play some bigger teams than I would be.

If not do you go to the games and buy Gen. Admission? Yes, I go sometimes when I can, and feel that its going to be a good conf matchup, I don't go see them when they play North Dakota st, Maine,Houston Baptist, Pan Am, Texas southern lol.

Are you a member of the Cardinal Club? Nope, but I am ready for football, I would be if this was the FSU Club.

Do you attend at least 75% of home games at Vincent Beck? Nope, 75 percent of the time they play a bunch of cup cakes that they beat by 10 runs and thats not good baseball its horrible baseball, I want see good baseball and playing houston baptist and North Dakota st isn't good baseball, I do go see them play when they are playing TX st, Sam, and UTSA.

[/quote] I'm sure this is who LU Baseball Fan wanted to respond and all of the answers are predictable.  baseball25 is not a Lamar baseball fan.  A Lamar baseball fan goes to see LAMAR play.

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="781539" timestamp="1269471874"]
Are you a season ticket holder for Lamar Baseball?yes,comes with my cardinal club membership.

If not do you go to the games and buy Gen. Admission?n/a

Are you a member of the Cardinal Club?yes

Do you attend at least 75% of home games at Vincent Beck?no,kids but attend as many sa possible.

Copy and paste to answer>
[/quote]

[quote name="baseball25" post="781878" timestamp="1269535582"]
Well there aren't many I guess, since attendance has gone down hill in the last 8 yrs big time, alot of bitter people on here, when you get bitter that just mess you know it's the truth.
[/quote] And everyone of them has excuses.  If it wasn't the schedule, it would be something else.

So the point of this is people questioning the baseball program are guys that don't go to 75% of the home games and aren't season ticket holders or a member of the cardinal club. That's a pretty weak defense of the baseball program. I guess everyone on here that isn't in high school or has a kid at a high school shouldn't comment or question or debate any sports team on here. They should just shut this website down if we can't talk about sports programs. The pro Gilligan, strength of schedule and so forth people have still yet to answer what is going on with the baseball program. I participated in your poll question, now tell us what your trying to obtain from this and what's the point?

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="781986" timestamp="1269552040"]
So the point of this is people questioning the baseball program are guys that don't go to 75% of the home games and aren't season ticket holders or a member of the cardinal club. That's a pretty weak defense of the baseball program. I guess everyone on here that isn't in high school or has a kid at a high school shouldn't comment or question or debate any sports team on here. They should just shut this website down if we can't talk about sports programs. The pro Gilligan, strength of schedule and so forth people have still yet to answer what is going on with the baseball program. I participated in your poll question, now tell us what your trying to obtain from this and what's the point?
[/quote]The point is that the people trashing the program have more excuses than ticket stubs.  Go watch them play and then come back and tell us what's wrong with them.  I already know.  The bullpen has been weak and the defense worse.  And, for what it's worth, none of that keeps me from supporting them.

[quote name="becktobigs" post="782294" timestamp="1269613626"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=67732.msg781986#msg781986 date=1269552040]
[/quote]The point is that the people trashing the program have more excuses than ticket stubs.  Go watch them play and then come back and tell us what's wrong with them.  I already know.  The bullpen has been weak and the defense worse.  And, for what it's worth, none of that keeps me from supporting them.
[/quote]

I don"\'t think anyone was trashing them. People have brought up points about the program without seeing them play. I don't think you have to see someone play before you question problems with the program. I notice that your new to this board so I will take it easy on you. I think we'll just sit back and watch. Somebody pointed out that I'm not an LU fan, which by the way I am, but I like college baseball as a whole. The people on here ::)

[quote name="baseball25" post="782321" timestamp="1269617114"]
just because we make remarks about lamar doesn't mean we aren't fans of the program. I am just telling y'all how I feel about the program right now, I am a die hard Seminoles Fan, I haven't missed a football game in 15 yrs, but you know what I wanted Bowden to go because he was hurting the overall program, it was time for a change, they needed a new young Face to come in that was cocky and had some swagger to him. I know sometimes the TRUTH hurts, but you know what Change doesn't hurt, there is nothing wrong with change, I mean people on here act like Gilligan is a  Wayne Graham/Mike Martin type coach lol, because I tell you this much if Rice keeps struggling like they are this yr, you are going to here some whispers.
[/quote]So running off Bobby Bowden is something to be proud of? lol, if anybody earned right to go out on his own terms it was Bobby Bowden.  FSU should be ashamed of how it treated him.  The expectations both schools have were created by the success of these men, successes that you seem determined to belittle.  The turth (don't need caps to make it true) is that every post is some variation of 'you don't like Gilligan.'  Oh yeah, if I read it correctly, Wayne Graham is a great coach but he better start winning more or you want him gone.

[quote name="becktobigs" post="782353" timestamp="1269620879"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=67732.msg782321#msg782321 date=1269617114]
just because we make remarks about lamar doesn't mean we aren't fans of the program. I am just telling y'all how I feel about the program right now, I am a die hard Seminoles Fan, I haven't missed a football game in 15 yrs, but you know what I wanted Bowden to go because he was hurting the overall program, it was time for a change, they needed a new young Face to come in that was cocky and had some swagger to him. I know sometimes the TRUTH hurts, but you know what Change doesn't hurt, there is nothing wrong with change, I mean people on here act like Gilligan is a  Wayne Graham/Mike Martin type coach lol, because I tell you this much if Rice keeps struggling like they are this yr, you are going to here some whispers.
[/quote]So running off Bobby Bowden is something to be proud of? lol, if anybody earned right to go out on his own terms it was Bobby Bowden.  FSU should be ashamed of how it treated him.  The expectations both schools have were created by the success of these men, successes that you seem determined to belittle.  The turth (don't need caps to make it true) is that every post is some variation of 'you don't like Gilligan.'  Oh yeah, if I read it correctly, Wayne Graham is a great coach but he better start winning more or you want him gone.
[/quote]

What do you want FSU to do man? They want to [b]WIN[/b]. It is no secret that Bowden was one of the greatest, but he was FINISHED and he knew it. That's why he stepped down. Every coaching position is a [b]"what have you done for me now?"[/b] situation. I don't care if you win 7 straight national championships.. If you go 6 or 7 or 8 years without doing ANYTHING, it's time to move on. It's not about hurting the coaches feelings, they know it's a business and they have to produce. Just like if Graham stops winning, yeahh.. It'll be time for him to go. Granted, they won't kick him out right now.. He'll get a couple of years to get it together, but if he doesn't then he'll be gone too. Be REALISTIC. How much do you know about sports man? Fans in the stands are going to say.. "Man we haven't won anything in 3 or 4 years... But, man these coaches sure were great a few years ago." No, that's not going to happen.

[quote name="becktobigs" post="782353" timestamp="1269620879"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=67732.msg782321#msg782321 date=1269617114]
just because we make remarks about lamar doesn't mean we aren't fans of the program. I am just telling y'all how I feel about the program right now, I am a die hard Seminoles Fan, I haven't missed a football game in 15 yrs, but you know what I wanted Bowden to go because he was hurting the overall program, it was time for a change, they needed a new young Face to come in that was cocky and had some swagger to him. I know sometimes the TRUTH hurts, but you know what Change doesn't hurt, there is nothing wrong with change, I mean people on here act like Gilligan is a  Wayne Graham/Mike Martin type coach lol, because I tell you this much if Rice keeps struggling like they are this yr, you are going to here some whispers.
[/quote]So running off Bobby Bowden is something to be proud of? lol, if anybody earned right to go out on his own terms it was Bobby Bowden.  FSU should be ashamed of how it treated him.  The expectations both schools have were created by the success of these men, successes that you seem determined to belittle.  The turth (don't need caps to make it true) is that every post is some variation of 'you don't like Gilligan.'  Oh yeah, if I read it correctly, Wayne Graham is a great coach but he better start winning more or you want him gone.
[/quote]

becktobigs, do you attend 75% of FSU games, season ticket holder, semonole club member? If not then you can't comment about Bowden. I'm just kidding on that, but I did want to show you how silly this thread was in reference to people that weren't season ticket holders. Hey, I'm the first to say Gilligan is a good coach. My big deal with him was in the 90's he didn't believe in recruiting local talent and went up north ie. NewYork to recruit kids and the kids around here got stuck going to JC. They had winning teams during that time and partly because the kids he recruited were very good. Gilligan has now began to recruit kids from this area and that's great, I hope that continues, but I think he could get some that are leaving for bigger colleges if he would start playing better talented and bigger named teams. I do believe there comes a time when maybe you've been there too long. I just don't know if it's time Gilligan left or not. Actually they should ask Umphrey who he wants since it's his money that made Vincent Beck what it is.lol J/K
BTW, becktobigs how do you know if some of us aren't Lamar Alumni, and are starting to look at the baseball program a little harder.  If you want LU to be a premier mid major college in sports, your going to have to expect better in all of the programs, basketball, baseball, track, volleyball, and soon to be football. My two cents from a non season ticket holder.

By the way at Rice, Wayne Graham walks on water period.  They will not fire him, no matter how far they underachieve this season or next.  Just ask Rice president David Leebron.

I'll bet you this too, I bet Gilligan loves that people believe he should be canned because that means he's successful and raised expectations.  By the way the last time Gilligan had a losing season was 1998 (went 26-27, the Cards did go .500 in 2000).

Guest baseball25
lol thats why he plays a cup cake schedule right now because he knows the southland is getting better and everyones program is going up so he needs to have a easy schedule to help his career record. Southland is not what it use to be 5 yrs ago my brother.

I agree, my brother.  The SLC is a better conference, never said it wasn't.  Funny thing though, even though the conference has improved it has not stopped LU from making the conference tournament.  LU has made the conference tournament every year since 2001.  So that must mean that LU is at least one of the top six teams in conference for the past 9 seasons, which covers the last 5 seasons, my brother.  Don't let facts stop you from arguing.

Guest baseball25
You play to go to regionals I guess Lamar fans are happy to just make the conf tourney lol and gilligan can't get it done in the conf tourney.

Guest baseball25
I already knew this , I was implying I guess Lamar is just happy making the conf tourney,I guess they can cAreless that they have been choking in the tourney, Lamar use to be the best in this conf, now there the 4th best.

[quote name="baseball25" post="781878" timestamp="1269535582"]
Well there aren't many I guess, since attendance has gone down hill in the last 8 yrs big time, alot of bitter people on here, when you get bitter that just means you know it's the truth.
[/quote]

Actually the last 8 years the attendance at home games has been about the same.  Averaging around 500. Some games 4 to 5 hundred...Others over 700.  Maybe may have dropped off 25 to 50 at most... But many games have more.  So Baseball 25  beat a new drum.  Attendance needs to be better but unlike you there are many Cardinal Fans that attend on a regular basis and cheer them on win or lose.

[quote name="baseball25" post="782481" timestamp="1269635580"]
You play to go to regionals I guess Lamar fans are happy to just make the conf tourney lol and gilligan can't get it done in the conf tourney.
[/quote]

We not only want to go to regionals but to the the CWS.  That is every college baseball bans drea.  Gilligan can and will "get it done"

[quote name="baseball25" post="782321" timestamp="1269617114"]
[/quote]

I am not going to take the time to list of of G's accomplishments but there are many.  Wonder what all those people thought to elect him to the Texas Baseball hall of fame/  He still holds records in the minor leagues for ???? I think it was 29 consecutive wins.... You act as if Gilligan has never done anything for this program

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw