Boys 2nd Round Playoff Matchup/Predictions

If Nederland and PNG play like they can they will both win. In the Central-Brenham match-up I will take Brenham they are always good and usually a powerhouse in Region III. In the Waller-Vidor/HF game i will take Waller, if Waller has the team they had last year they should be able to win this game. But I am pulling for this area and hoping this area can get 4 more wins on either Monday or Tuesday.

Waller, Montgomery and Huntsville returned 8 or 9 starters apiece from last season. So they are pretty much the same, but BETTER and BIGGER than in 2009.  The 2009 district champ (Willis) returned 9 starters and finished 5th. It was a war every night. Two of my ties were against the 6th and 7th place schools.

Brenham returns 1 starter and a guy that started some due to injuries in the starting 11 from 2009. They graduated 17 lettermen. The only thing that will look familiar is the uniforms...... ;)

Nederland......... wins
Png ................ wins
Central............  out
HF horns..........  surpising season ends.
      Then finally get to see Ned and Brenham play.  Of course Ned has to take care of business as does Brenham.  And who will png have after this round.. Waco U..

[quote name="7Sammy7-Jags" post="780861" timestamp="1269381868"]
central dominated the game but brenham finished better
[/quote]

If the score would have been 1-0 or 2-1 I could probably believe that... But the fact that it was 3-0, I find that very hard to believe... Brenham is coached by someone with ALOT of knowledge about the game, and he would be the first to admit if his team was dominated...

[quote name="7Sammy7-Jags" post="780861" timestamp="1269381868"]
central dominated the game but brenham finished better
[/quote]

I disagree...Brenham executed on it's set pieces and capitalized on Central's mistakes.  If a team wins by 3 goals, i'm not sure how you can say they were dominated.

Brenham - 10 shots on target, 3 goals
Central - 8 shots on target, 0 goals

While the scoreline is what it is, it wasn't exactly dominating either way until Central went down to 10 men with about 10 minutes left and was having to expose themselves in the back to try and climb back into the game. Then Luis Ceron came up huge on several breakaways from Brenham to keep the score down.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder