Dallas Madison/Estacado..State Championship Game..Estacado Wins!!! 69/63

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="776608" timestamp="1268504755"]
EXACTLY...............several were quoted on here as saying that the Silsbee/ Madison game was the State Championship game on Thursday!!!!!!  Evidently NOT!!!!!! 

BTW I was being sarcastic in my first post Coop!!!!
[/quote] 8)

Silsbee and Madison may have very well been the best two teams in 3A. It just shows you have to play your best each game. For example the Tigers were obviously better than HJ the last two years yet we didn't play our best 2 out of the six games we played them. So we only won 4 out of those 6. :) :) ;)

[quote name="ST413" post="776621" timestamp="1268507538"]
Silsbee and Madison may have very well been the best two teams in 3A. It just shows you have to play your best each game. For example the Tigers were obviously better than HJ the last two years yet we didn't play our best 2 out of the six games we played them. So we only won 4 out of those 6. :) :) ;)
[/quote]

:D

Even though the title came at the expense of my Little Trojans today, I couldn't be happier for those boys from the South Plains! They got their revenge and they played a great game! I'm looking forward to our next two trips in 2012 & 13. Today is the Mats day though and I hope those fans party as much as we did last year.

[quote name="JMT" post="776665" timestamp="1268515117"]
Even though the title came at the expense of my Little Trojans today, I couldn't be happier for those boys from the South Plains! They got their revenge and they played a great game! I'm looking forward to our next two trips in 2012 & 13. Today is the Mats day though and I hope those fans party as much as we did last year.
[/quote] Already making a prediction for 2 years down the road?

[quote name="ST413" post="776621" timestamp="1268507538"]
[/quote]

why dont you give the record for the last ten matchups...we have been going back and fourth for years. We have been to austin twice just like yall over the last four years.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="776738" timestamp="1268525045"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=67299.msg776621#msg776621 date=1268507538]
[/quote]

why dont you give the record for the last ten matchups...we have been going back and fourth for years. We have been to austin twice just like yall over the last four years.
[/quote]

You are right we have both been twice since we have been in the same district,  but those first two I don't think it was obvious that the Tigers were better like it has been the last two. :D :D  But if you really want to know the record the last 10 games it is 6-4 in favor of the Tigers. :) :)  We split 4 games two years ago when the Tigers went to Austin.  Now if you want to go back one more year,  for the total of the last 4 that we have been in the same district.  Well then the Tigers would still lead the series 7-6. :P :P And yes before Lazeek brings it up ya'll would be ahead 1 state title to  none in that span.  This was our year to fix that but Madison was just a little too tough.  :'( :'(

[quote name="ST413" post="776667" timestamp="1268515277"]
Not expecting to be back next year? Sounds like Estacado played a great game.
[/quote]

Honestly I don't expect to see us down there for a 3rd straight year. We're going to have 6 sophomores on the varsity and while they're the most talented class to ever come through Madison, they just won't have the experience to get down there yet. The only way I could see us making a return trip in 2011 is if Anthony Hollins puts up around 20-22 points a game and 10 or so rebounds. I expect something close to that statline from our next big thing, but it likely won't be enough. I feel the following two years is when things will come together.

[quote name="JMT" post="776863" timestamp="1268550826"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=67299.msg776667#msg776667 date=1268515277]
[/quote]

Honestly I don't expect to see us down there for a 3rd straight year. We're going to have 6 sophomores on the varsity and while they're the most talented class to ever come through Madison, they just won't have the experience to get down there yet. The only way I could see us making a return trip in 2011 is if Anthony Hollins puts up around 20-22 points a game and 10 or so rebounds. I expect something close to that statline from our next big thing, but it likely won't be enough. I feel the following two years is when things will come together.
[/quote]

How was Estacado different in this game than against Stafford?  From all I have been hearing noon expected them to have much of a chance.  It is always tough to get back to Austin.  No matter how good Silsbee and HJ are next year they will still have to deal with Cleveland which will still have at least 4 of their starters back.  I think the fifth that was a movein is a senior.

Well the revenge factor played a big role for the Matadors. Wagner had a say in things as well. The kid is an elite athlete and makes great decisions with the ball. The way to slow him down is to put a rangy defender on him, but the one player we had with the range and athletcism to slow him down, Anthony Hollins, never did get to 100 percent this season after suffering that broken wrist in fall league. Having a guy that's 6'4" defending him for lengthy stretches would've made a difference, but it's cool. You win some and you lose some and Estacado seized the moment and just played a great game on both ends. It was their day and they earned it.

[quote name="JMT" post="776865" timestamp="1268552268"]
Well the revenge factor played a big role for the Matadors. Wagner had a say in things as well. The kid is an elite athlete and makes great decisions with the ball. The way to slow him down is to put a rangy defender on him, but the one player we had with the range and athletcism to slow him down, Anthony Hollins, never did get to 100 percent this season after suffering that broken wrist in fall league. Having a guy that's 6'4" defending him for lengthy stretches would've made a difference, but it's cool. You win some and you lose some and Estacado seized the moment and just played a great game on both ends. It was their day and they earned it.
[/quote]

Oh I wasn't taking anything away from them.  We had a player that could have fit that description in Stallworth.  I have watched him since he was a freshman and said he would be one to watch This year I said the same thing about Gaines(he was injured and didn't play last year).  And I don't know if it was because of the defense put on him or not but looking at the stats Prentice Lane didn't have near as good a game offensively against ya'll as he usually has.  They will be a good nucleus next year. I am sure Estacado came into this game looking for revenge as well as wanting to prove they belonged there.  I am sure some of them had been hearing what was said about the Madison/Silsbee game.  I am sure they had fire in their eyes and went out and performed.  It is great to see a group of young men do that.

Guest speechless
darius culdnt stay in front of wag if he wanted too no way, wag would abuse him

and dont count out the trojans goin back to austin next year u never knw they might add 2 more 6'7 seniors that wernt on the team the year b4

[quote name="JMT" post="776863" timestamp="1268550826"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=67299.msg776667#msg776667 date=1268515277]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was interesting that you had two seniors play this year that werent on the team last year.  HMMMM- Are they still having hurricane move ins?

[quote name="RP3" post="776937" timestamp="1268594027"]
It would be really nice if some of you would just congratulate the kids and coaches and stop looking for excuses as to how and why they did it.  Try again next year Silsbee and HJ...Stop downplaying those OTHER kids' accomplishments.
[/quote]

Many congrats to Estacado for all they accomplished.  Particularly on the fact that they developed all of their players and did not feel the need to recruit talent.  For those of you who don't realize it, the UIL considers that a NO-NO.

ash... Its a Metroplex...  It is the City... Kids move all the time.  Iknow you samll town established guys don't understand that.  Alot of these kids parents live in apartments not houses.  They move for employment (or lack there of) reasons.  It is called City living.  It happens in all big cities.  You can't compare small town SETX living to the big Cities!

[quote name="RP3" post="776971" timestamp="1268599230"]
No, stevenash made an accusation of some schools recruiting talent...I just wondered who was recruited and how did he know that they were recruited..That's my question.
[/quote]

Give me a break.  Of course there is no "proof" that they were "recruited".  Speaking of questions, I noticed that I never got an answer to the one I originally posted either. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder