best offense in SETX???

I would have to agree with WO-S. They don't have that one player that always gets the ball this year. I think that hurt us a little last year.

WO-S spreads the love on offense, as you can tell:

Rushing

Carries/Yards/Average/TDs

Depauldrick Garrett 79 577 7.3 4

Earl Thomas 38 276 7.3 3

Jacoby Franks 13 64 4.9 1

Kendrick LeBlanc 7 30 4.3 0

Leatrice Robinson 5 27 5.4 1

Andre Bevil 8 9 1.1 2

Receiving

Receptions/Yards/Average/TDs

Earl Thomas 17 298 17.5 6

Jacoby Franks 17 281 16.5 3

Ronnie Dennis 7 113 16.1 2

Domique Rhodes 6 108 18 2

Kendrick LeBlanc 3 29 9.7 0

Depauldrick Garrett 1 35 35 1

Jamere Batiste 1 7 7 0

Guest ECBucFan

Hard to compare, but EC is rolling along with about a 40+ ppg average, and has beaten 5 previously unbeaten teams (4 of the 5 were 3A's).

Thats pretty dang good! :D

(I am not, however, trying to say head to head we are directly better than WOS.)

WOS

Our team (HF) has been beat by both. If we could have scored in the second half we would have beat EC. WOS beat us when we looked at the schedule!! WOS could probably beat any of the 4A teams in this area! Change that they def. would beat any 4A team in this area!! I am a fan of their programs constant ability to reload year after year!!

Despite what you have seen from the defense, Nederland actually has a really really good offense. Still one of the best around IMO. Its just a shame that they have to score everytime they get the ball because its almost a guarantee that the other team will. When the other team scores in 2 plays every time they get the ball and you have to drive the field, the odds are not stacked in your favor.

#1 - I caught the LC-M @ WO-S game a few weeks ago, and I have to say WO-S. They are very balanced when they NEED to be, they just don't NEED to be very often. Bevil at QB was a big surprise for me - not athleticism, but skill. He had great arm-strength to fire the ball into a narrow opening when he needed to , but he also had excellent touch on a 40 yarder down the side-line. Garrett and Thomas - enough said! Franks was out the night I saw them, but from what I am reading, he is a great receiver, and not the only target in the routes, either!

#2 - Silsbee has the O-line size and skill to ground it out with ANYBODY! Turn-overs will be their undoing in the play-offs, I'm afraid. If they get that under control, they should go VERY deep.

I can't really comment on anyone else, because I either haven't seen them, or they don't deserve it.

WOS is a powerful squad. Unbelievable skill players with a respectable defense. Amazing ability to reload for the last few years.

Only way to beat WOS (If Possible) is to limit touches. Give them 10 possesions and they score 8 times out of 10.

Only a few teams in the area that can control ball long enough to do the above. One in the district.

Silsbee has the ability if they execute almost flawlessly. Slim chance of that happening since team focus is not on ball handling skills. If they do it will be a tough fight to outperform that offense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder