If there is a new coach at lamar

I will let the cat out of the bag.  It will take one of two things happening for us to have a new coach next year.  If Rod Strickland becomes the head coach at Depaul then Roc is gone to Kentucky.  If Tony Barbee becomes the head coach at Depaul Rod Strickland will likely become his top assistant.  Bottom line is Roc has realized had he stayed at Memphis with Cal he would be the head coach there now.  If Strickland leaves Kentucky that will open up an assistants job and Roc will take it.  If that indeed happens look for Alvin Brooks, and Rodney Terry(Current Texas assistant) to be in the running for the job.  By the way.....I love the Quinn Snyder suggestion. I think he would be a home run!

[quote name="sleepy" post="774797" timestamp="1268265416"]
I will let the cat out of the bag.  It will take one of two things happening for us to have a new coach next year.  If Rod Strickland becomes the head coach at Depaul then Roc is gone to Kentucky.  If Tony Barbee becomes the head coach at Depaul Rod Strickland will likely become his top assistant.  Bottom line is Roc has realized had he stayed at Memphis with Cal he would be the head coach there now.  If Strickland leaves Kentucky that will open up an assistants job and Roc will take it.  If that indeed happens look for Alvin Brooks, and Rodney Terry(Current Texas assistant) to be in the running for the job.  By the way.....I love the Quinn Snyder suggestion. I think he would be a home run!
[/quote]

Are you kidding?? Quinn Snyder???  NO NO NO NO.  That guy was a disaster at Missouri.  Alvin Brooks?  Wasn't he a disaster at UH?  Never heard of Rodney Terry.  As for Snyder and Brooks, I would prefer NOT to hire someone that's already proven they can't coach.  Even though I love Brooks.  Man, what a point guard!!  I guarantee you he could still school anyone we have on campus.  I wonder if he has any eligibility left?

[quote name="westendfirst" post="775123" timestamp="1268321356"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=67193.msg774797#msg774797 date=1268265416]
[/quote]

Are you kidding?? Quinn Snyder???  NO NO NO NO.  That guy was a disaster at Missouri.  Alvin Brooks?  Wasn't he a disaster at UH?  Never heard of Rodney Terry.  As for Snyder and Brooks, I would prefer NOT to hire someone that's already proven they can't coach.  Even though I love Brooks.  Man, what a point guard!!  I guarantee you he could still school anyone we have on campus.  I wonder if he has any eligibility left?
[/quote]

Rodney Terry is only one of the better assistance in the country.  He has been on the radar for a head job for about three years now and I think he is reaching for something higher than LU.... Snyder is a good X's and O's coach with a young style.  He is not big 12 material but would be really good in the Southland...

[quote name="westendfirst" post="775123" timestamp="1268321356"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Snyder was a suggestion that I simply agree with.  He was hardly a disaster at Missouri.  126-91 in his time there include 4 straight NCAA appearances including an elite 8.  That is not a disaster.  He did do some things that were frowned upon but a second chance for a guy like this could work. 

As for the other stuff with Brooks and Terry.......I am just telling you the things that I KNOW are going on.  That's it.  Not my ideas.

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="775132" timestamp="1268321959"]
[quote author=westendfirst link=topic=67193.msg775123#msg775123 date=1268321356]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Rodney Terry is only one of the better assistance in the country.  He has been on the radar for a head job for about three years now and I think he is reaching for something higher than LU.... Snyder is a good X's and O's coach with a young style.  He is not big 12 material but would be really good in the Southland...
[/quote]

Terry is interested in Lamar and I know that for a fact.

[quote name="sleepy" post="775139" timestamp="1268322716"]
[quote author=westendfirst link=topic=67193.msg775123#msg775123 date=1268321356]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Snyder was a suggestion that I simply agree with.  He was hardly a disaster at Missouri.  126-91 in his time there include 4 straight NCAA appearances including an elite 8.  That is not a disaster.  He did do some things that were frowned upon but a second chance for a guy like this could work. 

As for the other stuff with Brooks and Terry.......I am just telling you the things that I KNOW are going on.  That's it.  Not my ideas.
[/quote]
Boy, he really had them heading in the right direction!

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Missouri (Big 12 Conference) (1999–2006)
1999-2000 Missouri 18-13 10-6 6th NCAA 1st Round
2000-2001 Missouri 20-13 9-7 6th NCAA 2nd Round
2001-2002 Missouri 24-12 9-7 6th NCAA Elite Eight
2002-2003 Missouri 22-11 9-7 5th NCAA 2nd Round
2003-2004 Missouri 16-14 9-7 6th NIT 1st Round
2004-2005 Missouri 16-17 7-9 8th NIT 1st Round
2005-2006 Missouri 10-11 3-7 11th 
Missouri: 126-91 (.581) 56-50 (.528) 
Total: 126-91

Although, I will admit he was more successful than I thought he was.

[quote name="texasstud28" post="775901" timestamp="1268373881"]
How about Billy Gillispie?  No, seriously, I'm not joking.  If he ever intends to coach again at a major school, he needs to revive his career.  Hopefully he has gotten his life in order, and I think Lamar would be a fresh start.
[/quote]

I would love Gillespie but I think he will get bigger offers.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="776122" timestamp="1268423712"]
[font=Courier]Brooks? LOL...inherited a Foster team @ UH and nearly wrecked that program.[/font]
[/quote]

I laughed when I heard this as well.  Fact is LU is intersted in him sadly enough.  I hate to say I wouldn't expect it but I do!

Guest coachacola
[quote name="sleepy" post="776275" timestamp="1268441091"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=67193.msg776122#msg776122 date=1268423712]
[font=Courier]Brooks? LOL...inherited a Foster team @ UH and nearly wrecked that program.[/font]
[/quote]

I laughed when I heard this as well.  Fact is LU is intersted in him sadly enough.  I hate to say I wouldn't expect it but I do!
[/quote]

I have mixed feelings about losing Roc because the odds are they'll hire the wrong coach again and the cycle will start all over again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jameshardy123
    Newest Member
    jameshardy123