Silsbee vs. HJ Round 3: Predictions...

Silsbee 71-70.

HJ gets out to a big lead in the beginning but Silsbee comes back before half to close it for a 7pt deficit. After half, Silsbee evens it up and the game stays even till the end of the 4th when free throw's win it for Silsbee.

Silsbee has to be the favorite simply due to their size.  HJ has been the better team over the last 3 weeks, but tonight HJ looked flat, and Silsbee finally looked like the team that we've been expecting.  Still, i'm going to give a homer pick, and say HJ wins 66-62.

HJ gets hot early from deep, and Silsbee dominates the boards and the score is tied going into the half.  in the 2nd, Silsbee gets in foul trouble, and HJ gets some fast break points off of turnovers to pull away going into the 4th quarter.  they fight off a furious Silsbee comeback and head back to state!

[quote name="bullets13" post="771878" timestamp="1267847440"]
Silsbee has to be the favorite simply due to their size.  HJ has been the better team over the last 3 weeks, but tonight HJ looked flat, and Silsbee finally looked like the team that we've been expecting.  Still, i'm going to give a homer pick, and say HJ wins 66-62.

HJ gets hot early from deep, and Silsbee dominates the boards and the score is tied going into the half.  in the 2nd, Silsbee gets in foul trouble, and HJ gets some fast break points off of turnovers to pull away going into the 4th quarter.  they fight off a furious Silsbee comeback and head back to state!
[/quote]

I fell for the size thing against last time HJ played Silsbee, and then I fell for the speed and athleticism thing when they played Cleveland.  I have no clue who will win this game.  It will come down to who can get the momentum at the right time and staying out of foul trouble.

I will never say HJ doesn't have a chance been prov en wrong on that one before. If the Tigers play like they did tonight, take care of the boards better than last HJ game and hit their free throws we win by 8. We have to stay out of foul trouble.

[quote name="ST413" post="771943" timestamp="1267851870"]
I will never say HJ doesn't have a chance been prov en wrong on that one before. If the Tigers play like they did tonight, take care of the boards better than last HJ game and hit their free throws we win by 8. We have to stay out of foul trouble.
[/quote]Let's have an overtime game!!!!  Hj by 2.

I predict ahuge crowd of the best fans in the state.Damn this is fun.Looks like I'll be driving back to Huntsville.The teams know each other so well it will come down to execution.Silsbee will win the battle of the boards by sheer numbers.HJ will have to hit the 3 ball and make ft's to pull it out.I learned a long time ago never to pick against a Sutherland coached club.It's gonna be a war.The team with the fewest turnovers wins this game.

Guest ann tagon eyes
If both teams play their best, I have to give the edge to Silsbee.  However, the further each team is from their best game, the better HJs chances become.

You know what! No matter who wins tonight, everybody knows that when it comes to 3a ball, the best two teams in the state come from Hardin County to battle it out! Year after year these two coaches seem to have a team in the regional tournament! It is simply amazing! Good Luck to all involved! And GO HAWKS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder