Best Game Ever Attended in SETX

[quote name="hj1" post="770961" timestamp="1267759130"]
HJ vs Kountze. Im not sure what year it was but I was little and was attending my first HJ basketball and watched Monte(?) Cole hit a shot at the buzzar to win the game. [b]Thats when I fell in love.[/b]
[/quote]

With Coach Cole, HJ, Kountze or basketball???? :D :D :D :D

In '79, Buna and HJ were undefeated in district (with only 1 team from each district going to the playoffs).

5 seconds left and Buna's Billie P. is at the free throw line, shooting 2 with a 1 point lead over HJ.  He misses both and HJ's center (can't remember the 6'5" dude's name) gets the rebound and dribbles through 5 Buna players to hit the 10' gamer winner at the buzzer.

Fast forward three weeks to the second HJ-Buna game.  Billie P. is at the line with the game tied, shooting a 1 and 1 with 6 seconds to go.  He misses the front end.... HJ gets the rebound..... pass - pass - shot...... Bucket at the Buzzer.

[quote name="hj1" post="770961" timestamp="1267759130"]
HJ vs Kountze. Im not sure what year it was but I was little and was attending my first HJ basketball and watched Monte(?) Cole hit a shot at the buzzar to win the game. Thats when I fell in love.
[/quote]

Woodville VS Kountze in the early 90's when Kountze had even handed Ebay Mcdaniel, Josh Hancock, Brad and Mike, etc. Woodville has Ardis Beaty, Aubrey Jackson, Josh Lambert, etc. It was an even match all the way. Always was a fire hazard when they both played!!!!

Guest speechless
regional final btwn silsbee and pa lincoln

one of the best hs games i ever seen

the folks of pa had the purple and gold umbrellas out

the honey bees performed to "don't go chasin waterfalls"

and lincoln pulled off a greet comeback when

and chants of "bumbee, bumbee, bumbee!"  roxed the montayne

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="771074" timestamp="1267764170"]
In '79, Buna and HJ were undefeated in district (with only 1 team from each district going to the playoffs).

5 seconds left and Buna's Billie P. is at the free throw line, shooting 2 with a 1 point lead over HJ.  He misses both and HJ's center (can't remember the 6'5" dude's name) gets the rebound and dribbles through 5 Buna players to hit the 10' gamer winner at the buzzer.

Fast forward three weeks to the second HJ-Buna game.  Billie P. is at the line with the game tied, shooting a 1 and 1 with 6 seconds to go.  He misses the front end.... HJ gets the rebound..... pass - pass - shot...... Bucket at the Buzzer.
[/quote]
Sammy Stelly

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="771247" timestamp="1267808844"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66859.msg771074#msg771074 date=1267764170]

5 seconds left and Buna's Billie P. is at the free throw line, shooting 2 with a 1 point lead over HJ.  He misses both and HJ's center (can't remember the 6'5" dude's name) gets the rebound and dribbles through 5 Buna players to hit the 10' gamer winner at the buzzer.

Fast forward three weeks to the second HJ-Buna game.  Billie P. is at the line with the game tied, shooting a 1 and 1 with 6 seconds to go.  He misses the front end.... HJ gets the rebound..... pass - pass - shot...... Bucket at the Buzzer.
[/quote]
Sammy Stelly
[/quote]Big, Tall, and Lanky?!?  That's him!

He's an example of every basketball player that ever came out of Hardin Jefferson.  He can dribble, even for a big guy!!!! (except of course for our current ball-handler, Gus, who is obviously leading the district in turnovers, eh swag?)  ;)

I remember just 3 years ago, the center for HJ, Colby Sundgren, had to dribble out the last 3 minutes of the game to beat Jasper.  He was doing all right until, with 30 seconds to go, the 300 pound opposing center fell on him!!!  That sequence of events was one of the funniest things I've seen.  :D

Guest ANGRYANGEL
[quote name="Aiden1" post="771195" timestamp="1267802889"]
Woodville VS Kountze in the early 90's when Kountze had even handed Ebay Mcdaniel, Josh Hancock, Brad and Mike, etc. Woodville has Ardis Beaty, Aubrey Jackson, Josh Lambert, etc. It was an even match all the way. Always was a fire hazard when they both played!!!!
[/quote]

was that the year that woodville went to state =
woodville:  ardis beatty, delondon speights, josh lambert, etc...
kountze : ebay mcdaniel (soph), waylon lowe (soph), brad hadnot (soph), josh hancock (fresh), chris anderson (fresh).......    that was a varsity starting line-up for Kountze (3 sophs, 2 fresh)... wow!!!

Probably one of the best games I ever attended was the regional final in huntsville between kountze and buna, forget what year.  Kountze was down with very little time to play, one of the Hancock boys made a steal and passed it out for a game winning 3!  I think it was the 4th time we played buna that year, both teams were loaded.

[quote name="1293" post="776201" timestamp="1268431061"]
Probably one of the best games I ever attended was the regional final in huntsville between kountze and buna, forget what year.  Kountze was down with very little time to play, one of the Hancock boys made a steal and passed it out for a game winning 3!  I think it was the 4th time we played buna that year, both teams were loaded.
[/quote]

It was in 2000. We were down 47-52 with 1:55 on the clock. (Remember it like it was yesterday). There was an intense rivalry with Buna for a few seasons and that was our 4th time playing them that year and our 3rd consecutive win against 'em. They were actually the last DISTRICT team to beat us at home on a last second free throw.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder