Silsbee-28 BC-10 Final/Post Game Comments

Final

Silsbee 28

Bridge City 10

Silsbee probably had 3 times the yardage that Bridge city had tonight. Problem was, the Tigers had 6 turnovers. They only punted once tonight. The Cardinals were completely worn down by the end of this game. They were simply out maned, but they never gave up. I think the Tigers took alot from the Cardinals tonight. Bridge City had several players go to the sidelines with injuries. Silsbee size was just too much.

Not to take anything away from BC but the score really didn't indicate how Silsbee dominated this game. Once again the fumble fairy was out in full force this evening. Silsbee would march up and down the field and then have a turnover. BC's only real offensive yardage came on a trick flee-flicker in the 2nd quarter and one drive in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately from our perspective in the stands it looked like BC had a M.A.S.H. unit on their sideline by the end of the game. Those kids were tired and still getting pounded. I hope no one was seriously injured. I don't know if Dishon was even on the field in the second half.

Wore them down is right. Silsbee has got to get a handle on the amount of fumbles they have each game. We did beat a good BC team but we can not keep fumbling the ball. Our luck will run out if we dont correct it. The games are getting fewer and the percentages keep going up. The Offense did a good job and that BIG D did a great job. If not for the fumbles the D would have put up a big goose egg. :lol: GOOD JOB TIGERS :!:

Congrats to the Tigers on a good win. Too much for my Cards tonight!

The injury bug is biting the Cards HARD! Five starters in jeans on the sideline BEFORE the game, and looked like at least 2 more went out during the game. Add in the mix that both QB's, Stringer and Dishon are banged up, and it gets ugly quick.

Sisbee did a good job running off-tackle all night, and the Cards didn't seem to have an answer for it. Take away TO's for both sides and the score is 14-0 Tigers. Cards capitalizd ealry on miscues, Tigers made us pay late.

I'm STILL WAITING for this team to play to its' potential. I have no idea why we are not, but all of our games have been UGLY - Wins and Losses! They will put it together one day, I hope, and look like the team I know they ARE!

On a side note - If any of you Tiger fans know the announcer personally - Shake his hand for me! VERY CLASSY comments for BOTH teams - Not the usuall HOMER stuff. The man did a great job, and should be recognized for it!

Good luck to the Tigers for the rest of the season. Congrats on a good win.

Guest Sports Cards

Wore them down is right. Silsbee has got to get a handle on the amount of fumbles they have each game. We did beat a good BC team but we can not keep fumbling the ball. Our luck will run out if we dont correct it. The games are getting fewer and the percentages keep going up. The Offense did a good job and that BIG D did a great job. If not for the fumbles the D would have put up a big goose egg. :lol: GOOD JOB TIGERS :!:

Silsbee played tough, and showed a lot of class.... They played a clean game. They just out man'd the Cards tonight... Cards caused the turnovers they were expecting, just didn't capitolize on them....

:oops: I was so embaressed last night by the lack of spirit showed by our fans. I have seen more spirit at a church revival. It made me heartsick to see people just sit there and do nothing. What in the world do you come to the game for? :shock: . Our guys are playing both ways, getting hurting and playing hurt. If they think we don't support them, that makes things worse. OK, I have vented, so I feel a little bit better. Let's hoping it gets better next week. :!:

Guest Sports Cards

I think it will take a miracle for BC to get in now.

A little hasty, I think.... Far from a miracle... WOS, Silsbee are getting the top two spots, that was decided before district ever started.... The third spot is up for grabs...

Congrats to the Tigers on a good win. Too much for my Cards tonight!

On a side note - If any of you Tiger fans know the announcer personally - Shake his hand for me! VERY CLASSY comments for BOTH teams - Not the usuall HOMER stuff. The man did a great job' date=' and should be recognized for it!

Good luck to the Tigers for the rest of the season. Congrats on a good win.[/quote']

I know the announcer personally, he is a good friend of mine and a golf buddy. I'll pass along your comments, I know he will appreciate them. Actually, last night was his first time to announce, he is usually the spotter. Our regular announcer had to miss last night because his wife fell and broke her hip. I talked to him at halftime, he said he was a little nervous.

3Abirdman, I do have a question for you. I take it that you have seen all of Bridge City's games this year. If that's the case, who has the better team, Silsbee or Lumberton?

silsbee was by far the better team. they had everything a coaching staff could ask for. tall athletic receivers that could run and catch and block. good fast backs, the line speaks for itself...and i think the most important thing that most 3a teams lack and that is depth. they had their huge d-line in for first and second down and on third and long they would run on their smaller/quicker d-linemen for pass rush

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder