Silsbee-28 BC-10 Final/Post Game Comments

GREAT JOB TIGERS!!!! Silsbee dominated a good Bridge City team Friday night. I for one was very proud of the Tigers improvement this week. The O-Line opened some good holes for our backs and the backs were running hard and fast. From a QB standpoint, I thought this was Harpers best game yet. ( We have to start covering up that FOOTBALL guys! ) Get the yardage that you can, and then cover the ball. Stop trying to force the big play, and just push the ball down the field until it happens, and IT WILL!!! Defence! Defence! Defence! Silsbees D is doing an awesome job!!! Keep getting better guys ! :DIf we can stop the turnovers, I don't believe any team in district 21-3A can stop the TIGERS!!!!

web_logo_1.png

bridge city might win one more game...they may beat hampshire ......there to banged up and i want be surprised if dishon doesnt play a full game the rest of the year....they have been physically whipped by every team they have played this year.....b.c can only win when they are loaded with talent....and if you dont believe it think back over the last five years.....

Since dropping to 3A BC has only missed the playoffs once, in 2003. They may be on their way to missing the postseason this year as well. I'm not saying that because they don't have the talent this year. I'm saying that because they are so injury depleted. If everyone was 100% healthy I believe they would get the 3rd spot.

Guest Sports Cards

bridge city might win one more game...they may beat hampshire ......there to banged up and i want be surprised if dishon doesnt play a full game the rest of the year....they have been physically whipped by every team they have played this year.....b.c can only win when they are loaded with talent....and if you dont believe it think back over the last five years.....

I think you are wrong.... Time will tell.....

SILSBEE - HANDS DOWN! Lumberton DOES NOT have team speed. They are not physically THAT big - not near as big as Silsbee. They have some talent, but not as much as Silsbee.

I still believe this BC team will wake up one Friday and play like they have the talent to play! EVERY GAME has been ugly, one way or another - turn-overs, penalties, missed opportunities, etc. I know we are banged up and injured, and missing a lot of starters, but I still believe we have a shot at a play-off spot! It will take some hard-fought battles against Orangefield, Jasper, Kirbyville, and HF - plus an upset over WOS to get the respect back that we have lost, but I really believe MOST of that (OK - some of that) is possible!

Congratulations to Silsbee. I did not get to attend the game last year, so that was my first visit to the stadium. Awesome! I would also like to compliment the school for their class, their facilities, the treatment of us as visitors, and the announcer. All were top shelf!!

It was a hard game to watch as a BC fan, but I have to admit, it was entertaining to get to watch the Tigers from warm-ups right through to the end of the game. Class act. Very disciplined and a solid team. Yeah, they fumbled - so what. They are also strong enough to recover from turnovers. If they improve in that one area, I would not want miss the Silsbee - WOS game. :wink:

BC is down, but not out. They will have enough talent on the field to deal with Jasper, but after that, all bets are off. If we cannot improve on the level of healthy players, we are unlikely to be able to get through OF. They are strong this year. Those playing injured for BC are having to sit out practices, and this is contributing to penalties and turnovers in the game.

I would like to see Dishon watch this one from the sidelines unless it becomes absolutely necessary to put him in. A healthy Dishon is going to be the key if we expect to do anything past this next game. He may not be BC's only talent, but to say he is not key to their success is just ignorance. If you want to see just how critically depleted the BC team is, check the Penny Record tomorrow. Injury report as of Saturday.

It sounds like they may have to print an extra section to hold the injury report. I do think we have enough solid players and solid coaching to make it to that third playoff spot. They have been playing hard all five games so far this year. The problem in going to be the injury bug. If we cannot get healty, you can forget it. The only bright spot with all these injuries, is that it forces the younger kids into action quicker. Maybe that will help for next year, but I am hoping we can get this thing going in the right direction. I do not want us throwing in the towel yet.

Yeah we lost to Wos. Kirbyville is going to win from here on out. Silsbee couldn't move the ball period on Kirbyville last year within the exception of good field position because of our weak kicker. I expect one of these two to get 2nd in district.

42-12 21-14...Last 2 years, now shut it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami