Fred Ford should be motivated

Guest Jmeek

• 2 months later...
Guest LR1969
[quote name="kcat-fan" post="804467" timestamp="1274549964"]
anyone seen him this spring? Hows he looking?
[/quote]

Looks to have put on a few much needed pounds. Heard he recovered well from surgery and I fully expect him to put up some great numbers this season. Hope to see him in Aggie maroon next year. Had the chance to shake his hand a couple of times last season (post-game) and I watched the way he handled himself among the fans. He was very respectful and gracious. KV should be proud to have such a fine young man representing their community. Wish him well!

He is a great back, no doubt, but he has to have help from the line to get any yards. That makes it important to remember if any problems develop in the line, his year could suffer. NO back has ever gotten ALL his yards by himself. The competition level in 3A will be greater than he saw in 2A. The defenses he will face will know who he is and key to remove his strengths this year. Can have a great year, but no way does he match last years numbers.

I figured he would put on a few pounds this year to go with that speed. That's good to hear. Going to be a very tough schedule for a team who is probably the smallest 3A out there. We should have a great team, not just a "one man show"...lots of great players returning. I'm looking to see how they match up in preseason.....always lots of exciting action with WOS, Newton, and Jasper, now well
have a few more to add to our "tough game" list. Fred should be a beast this year...what does he weigh now about 200????

A little weight to go with that speed is good news...the cats went far last year on a very young team, I believe they'll match up great in 3A.
I wish Ford a great season. and yes he has a lot of eyes on him, lots of pressure for a young man, but he's not the only one on the field. He'll
have help with Irvine who imo is a great runner also.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Kvillecatz" post="804558" timestamp="1274563347"]
I think K-ville would easily  win district in 20-4A .
[/quote]

There is three or four of you guys that just wont quit! Your making this program look bad and you make descent fans scared to say anything (like me if yall havent noticed lately).  Im scared to give the program or any of the kids any compliments because Im scared im going to get the "typical Kirbyville fan" response.  If its your goal to make all of South East Texas hate the Wildcats then keep it up!  Your doing a heck of a job! 

[quote name="badndn" post="761066" timestamp="1266415597"]
He should be the top area back again next year, but he wont run for a +10ypc average again.

Against Jasper he had 8.7 ypc, but take away the 70 yd TD and it's 3.6.
Against WOS he had 3.2 ypc.
Against Liberty he had 7.7 ypc.
[glow=red,2,300]Against Anahuac he had 4.2 ypc (19 - 80)[/glow] ;D

WOS, Newton, Jasper, Coldspring, Center, Vidor, BC. If he averages over or around 8 ypc against this group he will have had a great season.
[/quote]

[quote name="badndn" post="762660" timestamp="1266599740"]
[quote author=old_wildcat link=topic=65968.msg761949#msg761949 date=1266519136]
Ford already can run against any 3A school we will play...[/quote]
Really? Stats don't lie!
Go see the stats against WOS and Jasper. He had one 70 yard run against Jasper, minus that he ran 12 times for 43 yards. WOS held him to 61 yards on 19 carries.

[quote author=old_wildcat link=topic=65968.msg761949#msg761949 date=1266519136]
A's has nothing to do with talent...[/quote]
Yes they do! Theres more of it at the higher A's.
No doubt that Ford has 5A talent, I don't deny that, but the KVille team doesn't! Remember it's a team sport. The lines get bigger and stronger as you go up in "A"!

Hey, he's your hometown guy, I get it, but take of the Wildcat Glasses for a second.
I thought Harmon was a stud RB for us this year. He averaged 6.8 YPC and always gained yardage. He was tuff, tuff, tuff with a low center of gravity and the strongest leg drive I have seen in years, but I know if we stepped up to 5A his YPC would go down some because the talent level accross the board goes up.

[/quote]you are right about talent going up in 3A but not as much as you would think.... you are quoting stats that were put up by his JR. year against 3A teams but remember almost all of the team from last year were JR..... as for kville not being able to go to state I think you are wrong about that.... the last time they were in 3A they got beat in the 3rd round by China Springs which was a state finalist... and that team were mainly Jr. as well...
As for the 70 yard run you want to take away... that is the Kville off...... make one mistake and they take it to the house!!!!.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kvillecatz
[quote name="badndn" post="761066" timestamp="1266415597"]
He should be the top area back again next year, but he wont run for a +10ypc average again.

Against Jasper he had 8.7 ypc, but take away the 70 yd TD and it's 3.6.
Against WOS he had 3.2 ypc.
Against Liberty he had 7.7 ypc.

WOS, Newton, Jasper, Coldspring, Center, Vidor, BC. If he averages over or around 8 ypc against this group he will have had a great season.
[/quote]

gonna  have a field day with these boyz !  10+ ypc

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder