Fred Ford should be motivated

Guest Jmeek

Kirbyville will be dangerous this season. Its amazing how much talent comes out of these small towns (Kirbyville & Newton), look for them Wildcats to make a statement..... people write them off year after year. We will have so much speed in the backfield with Ford, Irvine, Haywood,Lil Toop and Lil Pete until it aint even funny. To my knowledge dont remember Kville ever playing Vidor, but they will know who we are and thats a fact.

Fred Ford is a great kid, great player, and great teammate. I hear nothing but good things about him. He will definately be the front runner all season long. Do your thing Fred. 

Fred Ford is a great running back. I saw him play several times last season, including all playoff games. I think he will have a great senior season and I would not be surprised to see him go D1 but I do think his numbers will suffer a bit in his senior year. The schedule is a bit tougher and I don't see KV making it all the way to the Championship game. I still see him rushing for close to 2000 yards but on a good deal more carries, which will mean a lower yards per rush average. Still, probably the best back in the area and one of the best in the state.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="LR1969" post="759490" timestamp="1266059524"]
Fred Ford is a great running back. I saw him play several times last season, including all playoff games. I think he will have a great senior season and I would not be surprised to see him go D1 but I do think his numbers will suffer a bit in his senior year. The schedule is a bit tougher and I don't see KV making it all the way to the Championship game. I still see him rushing for close to 2000 yards but on a good deal more carries, which will mean a lower yards per rush average. Still, probably the best back in the area and one of the best in the state.
[/quote]

:D

[quote name="LR1969" post="759490" timestamp="1266059524"]
[/quote]
Fred will be better this year than last year just facing a bit better defenses so he should have similar stats

He should be the top area back again next year, but he wont run for a +10ypc average again.

Against Jasper he had 8.7 ypc, but take away the 70 yd TD and it's 3.6.
Against WOS he had 3.2 ypc.
Against Liberty he had 7.7 ypc.

WOS, Newton, Jasper, Coldspring, Center, Vidor, BC. If he averages over or around 8 ypc against this group he will have had a great season.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="speedkills" post="761225" timestamp="1266430072"]
Those stats posted were his Junior year he will improve from last year I dont see why he couldnt average at least 8 yards per carry
[/quote]

Ford will get His yards this season..All the naysayers will still be there denying it against every team Kirbyville plays...Always been that way... :D

[quote name="speedkills" post="761225" timestamp="1266430072"]
Those stats posted were his Junior year he will improve from last year I dont see why he couldnt average at least 8 yards per carry
[/quote]
Go back and look at how many Juniors put up great numbers, then the numbers decline the following year. It happens alot! Combine that with moving up in competition and well the stats I posted tell the story! Don't get me wrong here, the young man will still put up great numbers, but not 10YPC again and they won't be playing 15-16 games next year. They may only get 11 games since the 1st round matchup will be either Gilmer or Carthage!

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="speedkills" post="761878" timestamp="1266514065"]
The first round match up wont be Gilmer or Carthage because they are region 2. But Ford has been working to match up against 3-A football he will put up similar stats mark my word
[/quote]

Ford already can run against any 3A school we will play...A's has nothing to do with talent...And you are correct Speed ..Gilmer or Carthage are region 2..the only way to play them is for the title...Long way down the road and lot's of things can happen... ;)

[quote name="old_wildcat" post="761949" timestamp="1266519136"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=65968.msg761878#msg761878 date=1266514065]
The first round match up wont be Gilmer or Carthage because they are region 2. But Ford has been working to match up against 3-A football he will put up similar stats mark my word
[/quote]

Ford already can run against any 3A school we will play...A's has nothing to do with talent...And you are correct Speed ..Gilmer or Carthage are region 2..the only way to play them is for the title...Long way down the road and lot's of things can happen... ;)
[/quote]
lots of improvements can be made down that stretch, and its a good possibility Kirbyville will be meeting Gilmer or Carthage in the state game. They are going to have tough games up until then in the playoffs but I'm positive Kirbyville will have the ability to compete with anyone in 3-A school around
[color=red][size=18pt]Go Kirbyville[/size][/color] [color=red][size=18pt]win state[/size][/color]

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="speedkills" post="762195" timestamp="1266542283"]
[quote author=old_wildcat link=topic=65968.msg761949#msg761949 date=1266519136]
[/quote]

[/quote]
lots of improvements can be made down that stretch, and its a good possibility Kirbyville will be meeting Gilmer or Carthage in the state game. They are going to have tough games up until then in the playoffs but I'm positive Kirbyville will have the ability to compete with anyone in 3-A school around
[color=red][size=18pt]Go Kirbyville[/size][/color] [color=red][size=18pt]win state[/size][/color]
[/quote]

Your optimism and confidence in the Wildcat's are admirable,But there are lot's of things have to happen before you start being concerned with a state play-off and who you will play..#1 concern..[b]Getting There[/b].... ;)

[quote name="speedkills" post="761878" timestamp="1266514065"]
The first round match up wont be Gilmer or Carthage because they are region 2. [b]But Ford has been working to match up against 3-A football he will put up similar stats mark my word[/b]
[/quote]
Your words are marked. ;D
I forgot They moved those guys up to RII. So I wonder if the KVille Jasper 1st round will be the GT 3A district?

[quote name="badndn" post="762654" timestamp="1266599181"]
The first round match up wont be Gilmer or Carthage because they are region 2. [b]But Ford has been working to match up against 3-A football he will put up similar stats mark my word[/b]
[/quote]
Your words are marked. ;D
I forgot They moved those guys up to RII. [b]So I wonder if the KVille Jasper 1st round will be the GT 3A district?[/b]
[/quote]

Nope. 21-3A still will play 22-3A in the first round.

[quote name="old_wildcat" post="761949" timestamp="1266519136"]
Ford already can run against any 3A school we will play...[/quote]
Really? Stats don't lie!
Go see the stats against WOS and Jasper. He had one 70 yard run against Jasper, minus that he ran 12 times for 43 yards. WOS held him to 61 yards on 19 carries.

A's has nothing to do with talent...[/quote]
Yes they do! Theres more of it at the higher A's.
No doubt that Ford has 5A talent, I don't deny that, but the KVille team doesn't! Remember it's a team sport. The lines get bigger and stronger as you go up in "A"!

Hey, he's your hometown guy, I get it, but take of the Wildcat Glasses for a second.
I thought Harmon was a stud RB for us this year. He averaged 6.8 YPC and always gained yardage. He was tuff, tuff, tuff with a low center of gravity and the strongest leg drive I have seen in years, but I know if we stepped up to 5A his YPC would go down some because the talent level accross the board goes up.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="badndn" post="762660" timestamp="1266599740"]
Ford already can run against any 3A school we will play...[/quote]
Really? Stats don't lie!
Go see the stats against WOS and Jasper. He had one 70 yard run against Jasper, minus that he ran 12 times for 43 yards. WOS held him to 61 yards on 19 carries.

A's has nothing to do with talent...[/quote]
Yes they do! Theres more of it at the higher A's.
No doubt that Ford has 5A talent, I don't deny that, but the KVille team doesn't! Remember it's a team sport. The lines get bigger and stronger as you go up in "A"!

Hey, he's your hometown guy, I get it, but take of the Wildcat Glasses for a second.
I thought Harmon was a stud RB for us this year. He averaged 6.8 YPC and always gained yardage. He was tuff, tuff, tuff with a low center of gravity and the strongest leg drive I have seen in years, but I know if we stepped up to 5A his YPC would go down some because the talent level accross the board goes up.

[/quote]

Ok ....... ;D

[quote name="old_wildcat" post="762535" timestamp="1266586722"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=65968.msg762195#msg762195 date=1266542283]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Your optimism and confidence in the Wildcat's are admirable,But there are lot's of things have to happen before you start being concerned with a state play-off and who you will play..#1 concern..[b]Getting There[/b].... ;)
[/quote]
I am not being over confident I am simply just saying we can compete with these 3-A schools and we can go to state

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="speedkills" post="763322" timestamp="1266708755"]
[quote author=old_wildcat link=topic=65968.msg762535#msg762535 date=1266586722]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=65968.msg762195#msg762195 date=1266542283]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I am not being over confident I am simply just saying we can compete with these 3-A schools and we can go to state
[/quote]

Speed I agree with you...This is not our first time in 3A ball...We made the play-offs before in 3A...I'm just saying it's a long time off till we worry about state...Lot's of things can happen...Iv'e been a Wildcat Fan all my life,Iv'e watched Kirbyville Football for 40 years...Been there in the Good,The Bad & the Ugly...But Iv'e stayed with them through it all...We will be all-right in 3A... ;)

[quote name="speedkills" post="759169" timestamp="1266011297"]
LeFredrick Ford will have a better season this year than last year he is an amazing running back pretty good chance he will be that Willie Ray Smith award winner next year.
[/quote]
We'll see about that... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami