19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="BHEagle1" post="803578" timestamp="1274326890"]
Better Tighten up your Jocks, "The Hill" is coming to the party to play. New system, New attitude, New Results!

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote]

Not a chance...but if so, we'll see you week 12.    ;)

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="panamamyers" post="803465" timestamp="1274305215"]
The point was that 4A is easier than 5A, much the same point I made a few months ago.

I don't care to talk trash to any team specifically, as I am a Gander fan, and am in no position to talk trash to anyone.
Lee has been down for a few years.

The only point that I have made is that 5A is tougher than 4A, which was just re-emphasized for me in the fact that [b]this appears like a tough schedule[/b] to a 4A team.

To a 5A team, that is just a middle of the road schedule of teams to play.

[/quote]

All I am saying is that it is a tough schedule for a 4A team, not appears to be. We all know 5A on average is better than 4A, afterall they are 5A.
Pearland Dawson is 4A and they have done well against their pre-district 5A opponents. I understand your point but I am not sure you see mine.

Better Tighten up your Jocks, "The Hill" is coming to the party to play. New system, New attitude, New Results!

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote]I can appreciate your enthusiasm but it "ain't gonna happen"

Guest GCMPats

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote]

I remember when I had my first beer. ;)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="803725" timestamp="1274375246"]
[quote author=BHEagle1 link=topic=65952.msg803578#msg803578 date=1274326890]

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote]

[b]I remember when I had my first beer. [/b] ;)
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="803725" timestamp="1274375246"]
[quote author=BHEagle1 link=topic=65952.msg803578#msg803578 date=1274326890]

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote]

I remember when I had my first beer. ;)
[/quote]

Now that there is funny.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bronco1" post="803700" timestamp="1274370065"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=65952.msg803465#msg803465 date=1274305215]
The point was that 4A is easier than 5A, much the same point I made a few months ago.

I don't care to talk trash to any team specifically, as I am a Gander fan, and am in no position to talk trash to anyone.
Lee has been down for a few years.

The only point that I have made is that 5A is tougher than 4A, which was just re-emphasized for me in the fact that [b]this appears like a tough schedule[/b] to a 4A team.

To a 5A team, that is just a middle of the road schedule of teams to play.

[/quote]

All I am saying is that it is a tough schedule for a 4A team, not appears to be. We all know 5A on average is better than 4A, afterall they are 5A.
Pearland Dawson is 4A and they have done well against their pre-district 5A opponents. I understand your point but I am not sure you see mine.
[/quote]

We don't all know that if the problem.
We had a couple of rookies in here a few months back trying to argue(with a straight face) that 5a was not better than 4a.  :-\

That's the only reason I bring this up now.
Of course that is a tough schedule for a 4a team. 
Dayton will be ready to play come district.

As I have said before, I have no reason to dislike Dayton.  I was born in Dayton and a lot of my relatives live in Dayton.  I have gone to many Dayton games over the years and honestly I root for them second only to Lee.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="803604" timestamp="1274335845"]
downgoes...jermaine who?  you mean "i'm enrolling at lee with a different name because I'm really a bronco named roderick amey"...aka...the rocket? What is the statute of limitations for UIL investigations?

for panamamyers...good thing u r n 4a so u don't have 2 worry about 5a competition...Lee will get beat by crosby, gcm, dayton, and possibly bh.

Real talk,  19 4A will come down to Crosby and Dayton for the district championship.

Tyrone's predictions....Lee will try to realign with a 3A district after getting smashed off in 19 4A(that's 4 u panama), Panama Myers will become the new crosby on the message boards this fall,  Dayton will be back in the state championship game within 4 years!

[/quote]

Tyrone, that's exactly who I'm talking about.  Roderick (as I know him) had a lot of names.  Roderick Edwards when we were kids, but went by Jermaine  (middle name) in Baytown.  Amey was his dad's last name, so he went by Roderick Amey until he went back to Baytown.  Kind of confusing, but that's how I remember it.

Guest Bobcat

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote]

Somebody needs to lay off the dope, really you BH people are setting up these coaches to fail with such high expectations. Maybe somebody was joking to live'en up the boards (hopefully). We got to give them two or three years. Hey if we win district next year, that would be great but be realistic. If we finish 4th or better that would be pretty good.

1. Dayton
2. Crosby
3. GCM
4. Lee
5. BH
6. King
7. GP
8. NF

It's impossible to put BH in any spot in the top 10 at this point. One thing for sure is that the coaching factor will be greatly improved, if anyone doubts that then they are mistaken. Talent should also increase this year, so the X factor is will the kids learn the system quick enough be competitive?  What BH lacks in Athletes they have in intelligents & Pride! Buy in will not be a factor either. I can't see BH having a bad year all you have to do is look to the East last year! PNG completely started over with a coach and WON district then went two rounds! I bet no one on this board except a couple of crazy Indians would have bet on that.

Playing BH this year will be like playing a whole new team.

[quote name="eagle65" post="805036" timestamp="1274675688"]
i am afraid that bh will not finish in the top 4 ;this year.
[/quote]
If Barbers Hill does go to a run based offense, the key to their season will be able to run the ball between the tackles.
If the Eagles can't mount a 3 yards and a cloud of dust drive and eat up the clock, it will be a long season for the Eagles.

I believe Bronco RB/LB #22 Delasbour is now ready to break out.Probably the fastest guy on the team has had 2 yrs.grooming to learn the offense and take a hit as he played well last year as soph.linebacker.We've seen glimpes of greatness since his freshman year.If he gets through the D line its a foot race most defenders will lose.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="805045" timestamp="1274702266"]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=65952.msg805036#msg805036 date=1274675688]
[/quote]
If Barbers Hill does go to a run based offense, the key to their season will be able to run the ball between the tackles.
If the Eagles can't mount a 3 yards and a cloud of dust drive and eat up the clock, it will be a long season for the Eagles.
[/quote]

After last week's blue/white scrimmage, I don't see running or throwing being a problem.  Got some size on the line for a change and the likely QB is looking really good.  The running game, well, once fine tuned is going to be tough to stop.

Yes, beating the "Hill" will be much like once being a Sterling Ranger........just a memory.  ;) ;) ;)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="805391" timestamp="1274800528"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=65952.msg805045#msg805045 date=1274702266]
[/quote]
[/quote]

After last week's blue/white scrimmage, I don't see running or throwing being a problem.  Got some size on the line for a change and the likely QB is looking really good.  The running game, well, once fine tuned is going to be tough to stop.

[b][size=12pt]Yes, beating the "Hill" will be much like once being a Sterling Ranger........just a memory.  ;) ;) ;) [/size] [/b]
[/quote]

Most of the people in Barbers Hill can definately relate to that.

That 7-7 tie in the Spring "scrimmage" must have been deceiving.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="805399" timestamp="1274801082"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg805391#msg805391 date=1274800528]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=65952.msg805045#msg805045 date=1274702266]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[b][size=12pt]Yes, beating the "Hill" will be much like once being a Sterling Ranger........just a memory.  ;) ;) ;) [/size] [/b]
[/quote]

Most of the people in Barbers Hill can definately relate to that.

That 7-7 tie in the Spring "scrimmage" must have been deceiving.
[/quote]

When you got All-State players at every position on both sides of the ball, it's hard to judge...........  ;D ;D [u][b]Revised.[/b][/u]

1. Crosby
2. BH
3. Dayton
4. GCM
5. LEE
everybody else.

Guest GCMPats
Mabe an "All State of Mind".

[size=12pt]BH Eagles show off new offense[/size]
By Dave Rogers
The Baytown Sun
Published May 22, 2010
MONT BELVIEU – The Ronnie Gage era of Barbers Hill football kicked off with something old, something new, something borrowed and a lot of blue Friday night.

And no one went home a loser as the first spring “game” in school history ended in a 7-7 tie between the Blue and White teams.

The Eagles’ top players were divided fairly evenly into two teams and they scrimmaged for nearly an hour, running 45 plays combined.

“I thought we did some good things and the kids enjoyed themselves,” said Gage, a two-time state championship coach who is returning to high school coaching after four years on the NCAA Division III level.

“For the short period of time we had (practicing since April 30), the kids did a decent job. We got some things accomplished.”

The night began with Preston Townley, a tall sophomore-to-be, hooking up with junior Wade Duke, a star on last year’s 5-6 team, for a 32-yard gain.

Nothing new in a pass, but Townley definitely qualifies.

He and Andrew McMillan, a sophomore who played running back until a midseason injury last year, started at quarterback for the Blue and White teams, respectively.

“We’ve been working with (Townley) and Andrew all spring,” Gage said. “They both have strengths and weaknesses. We just have to keep working on it.”

Townley completed 4 of 9 passes for 112 yards. McMillan passed just four times, completing two for seven yards. But he ran four times for 19 yards, a couple of times making an option flip.

One of which was dropped by a running back, preventing what looked like a good gain.

That’s something new at Barbers Hill, where Gage is bringing back option football via the Flexbone offense he used in leading Lewisville to state championships in 1993 and 1996.

“It’s going to take some time to get the whole offense in,” the coach said of the offensive switch from the spread attack favored by his predecessor.

While the Blue team gained just 27 rushing yards on 12 carries (and five first downs on its 139 total yards), the White team rushed 20 times for 88 yards (gaining six first downs and 95 total yards), with Clay McDonald bursting for a 35-yard draw play gain to finish with a game-high 47 yards on four totes.

And the White team suffered a 10-yard loss on a high shotgun snap that ended with both McMillan and the new head coach getting knocked off their feet by a hard rushing Colton Hackfield.

Stuart Hamlin of the Blue led both teams with two catches for 43 yards.

The Blue team scored first, with Hank Dutton running in from five yards out one play after Townley hit Kody Thompson for a 37-yard gain on fourth-and-eight. Thompson added the PAT.

The White team answered with a 12-play, 70-yard drive that included a fourth-and-three completion from McMillan to Richie Pearson and McDonald’s gut-busting draw.

McMillan rolled right on a play-action pass and found Cole Sexton for a one-yard TD. McMillan then booted the extra-point.

Gage was encouraged by what he saw from his linemen.

“We’ve got some young guys that are going to be good,” he said, mentioning Reggie Rodriguez and Jeremy Neff, “once we get them all on the same side.

“Our defensive line is still a work in progress. We have to find people to step up and play, but Hackfield and DeSean Carey and some of those guys looked pretty good.”

Summer two-a-days for Barbers Hill begin Aug. 9.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name="GCMPats" post="805450" timestamp="1274808518"]

By Dave Rogers
The Baytown Sun
Published May 22, 2010
MONT BELVIEU – The Ronnie Gage era of Barbers Hill football kicked off with something old, something new, something borrowed and a lot of blue Friday night.

And no one went home a loser as the first spring “game” in school history ended in a 7-7 tie between the Blue and White teams.

The Eagles’ top players were divided fairly evenly into two teams and they scrimmaged for nearly an hour, running 45 plays combined.

“I thought we did some good things and the kids enjoyed themselves,” said Gage, a two-time state championship coach who is returning to high school coaching after four years on the NCAA Division III level.

“For the short period of time we had (practicing since April 30), the kids did a decent job. We got some things accomplished.”

The night began with Preston Townley, a tall sophomore-to-be, hooking up with junior Wade Duke, a star on last year’s 5-6 team, for a 32-yard gain.

He and Andrew McMillan, a sophomore who played running back until a midseason injury last year, started at quarterback for the Blue and White teams, respectively.

“We’ve been working with (Townley) and Andrew all spring,” Gage said. “They both have strengths and weaknesses. We just have to keep working on it.”

Townley completed 4 of 9 passes for 112 yards. McMillan passed just four times, completing two for seven yards. But he ran four times for 19 yards, a couple of times making an option flip.

One of which was dropped by a running back, preventing what looked like a good gain.

That’s something new at Barbers Hill, where Gage is bringing back option football via the Flexbone offense he used in leading Lewisville to state championships in 1993 and 1996.

“It’s going to take some time to get the whole offense in,” the coach said of the offensive switch from the spread attack favored by his predecessor.

While the Blue team gained just 27 rushing yards on 12 carries (and five first downs on its 139 total yards), the White team rushed 20 times for 88 yards (gaining six first downs and 95 total yards), with Clay McDonald bursting for a 35-yard draw play gain to finish with a game-high 47 yards on four totes.

And the White team suffered a 10-yard loss on a high shotgun snap that ended with both McMillan and the new head coach getting knocked off their feet by a hard rushing Colton Hackfield.

The Blue team scored first, with Hank Dutton running in from five yards out one play after Townley hit Kody Thompson for a 37-yard gain on fourth-and-eight. Thompson added the PAT.

The White team answered with a 12-play, 70-yard drive that included a fourth-and-three completion from McMillan to Richie Pearson and McDonald’s gut-busting draw.

McMillan rolled right on a play-action pass and found Cole Sexton for a one-yard TD. McMillan then booted the extra-point.

“We’ve got some young guys that are going to be good,” he said, mentioning Reggie Rodriguez and Jeremy Neff, “once we get them all on the same side.

“Our defensive line is still a work in progress. We have to find people to step up and play, but Hackfield and DeSean Carey and some of those guys looked pretty good.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]

All-State is All-State.....  ;D

I say BH wins district 3 of the next 4 years. 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="805454" timestamp="1274808940"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65952.msg805450#msg805450 date=1274808518]

By Dave Rogers
The Baytown Sun
Published May 22, 2010

[/quote]

All-State is All-State.....  ;D

I say BH wins district 3 of the next 4 years. 

[/quote]

If not, y'all can always just by them a First Place trophy.

I only have this comment about a Flexbone old school offense;You better have the whole package of good backs w/an awesome offensive line/def.line and score almost every possession to stay in the game vs.good spread team.

[quote name="liltex" post="805558" timestamp="1274822978"]
I only have this comment about a Flexbone old school offense;You better have the whole package of good backs w/an awesome offensive line/def.line and score almost every possession to stay in the game vs.good spread team.
[/quote]

I can't wait to see Dayton shut down that offense.  Gage doesn't think much of Dayton's defensive scheme.  We'll see what he thinks after that game.