19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

Dayton Broncos pre-dist schedule-Scrimmage 1 WOS-Scrimmage 2 Nederland-Gm 1 Aldine Eisenhower 5A bi-dist finalist-Gm.2 Angleton 4A reg.finalist-Gm.3 5A Ft.Bend Elkins bi-dist finalist.In school history never played teams of this caliber.Eisenhower lost in bi-dist to Hou.Lamar 28-14  Elkins lost in bi-dist to Clear Springs 28-26

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="802508" timestamp="1274090510"]
Dayton Broncos pre-dist schedule-Scrimmage 1 WOS-Scrimmage 2 Nederland-Gm 1 Aldine Eisenhower 5A bi-dist finalist-Gm.2 Angleton 4A reg.finalist-Gm.3 5A Ft.Bend Elkins bi-dist finalist.In school history never played teams of this caliber.Eisenhower lost in bi-dist to Hou.Lamar 28-14  Elkins lost in bi-dist to Clear Springs 28-26
[/quote]

I thought games #1 and #3 were flipped.... I've seen ...

Elkins
bye
Angleton
Eisenhower

[quote name="liltex" post="802564" timestamp="1274105725"]
You're probably correct about the order and it is a tall order ahead to play 5 playoff teams w/14 seniors.
[/quote]

no doubt. Tough predistrict... should get us ready for 19-4a in a hurry.

Guest Lights.Out10
[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="800996" timestamp="1273773265"]
I guess we might as well give the district title to Dayton...Here at Crosby we have only 4 starters back on offense and 3 on defense..After reading about Dayton,sounds like they could be number 1 in the nation...
[/quote]

I don't know where you are getting your information but only 5 of the starters on Crosby's defense are graduating

[quote name="Lights.Out10" post="802641" timestamp="1274119855"]
[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=65952.msg800996#msg800996 date=1273773265]
I guess we might as well give the district title to Dayton...Here at Crosby we have only 4 starters back on offense and 3 on defense..After reading about Dayton,sounds like they could be number 1 in the nation...
[/quote]

I don't know where you are getting your information but only 5 of the starters on Crosby's defense are graduating
[/quote]

I sat with one of the players Friday night during the spring show and most everyone is returning. 

Don't want to belabor the point, as I realize that Lee is not a world beater, but that is a run of the mill schedule for a 5a team.  If you're a 5a team, and you schedule Angleton, Ike and Elkins, then no one would blink an eye.  It would be on par with what everyone else is playing.

The fact that a 4a team is playing those teams, it makes it seem like a difficult schedule.
This is why it is obviously a little more of an even playing field for a 5a team that comes down to 4a.
That rigorous pre-district schedule for Dayton would essentially carry on at that difficulty level for 7 more games for a 10 game season if you were in 5a.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="803155" timestamp="1274230682"]
Don't want to belabor the point, as I realize that Lee is not a world beater, but that is a run of the mill schedule for a 5a team.  If you're a 5a team, and you schedule Angleton, Ike and Elkins, then no one would blink an eye.  It would be on par with what everyone else is playing.

The fact that a 4a team is playing those teams, it makes it seem like a difficult schedule.
This is why it is obviously a little more of an even playing field for a 5a team that comes down to 4a.
That rigorous pre-district schedule for Dayton would essentially carry on at that difficulty level for 7 more games for a 10 game season if you were in 5a.

[/quote] You make somewhat of a point ,but you understate some key issues. Its hardly par if a small D-2 4a school plays a much larger 5a school and thats what were talking about 4a not 5a vs 5a. And it doesn't seem more difficult it is more difficult. I do agree that moving down to 4a ought to be to Lee's advantage, but I think your going to find 19-4a is going to be very competitive to say the least.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="803176" timestamp="1274236548"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=65952.msg803155#msg803155 date=1274230682]
Don't want to belabor the point, as I realize that Lee is not a world beater, but that is a run of the mill schedule for a 5a team.  If you're a 5a team, and you schedule Angleton, Ike and Elkins, then no one would blink an eye.  It would be on par with what everyone else is playing.

[/quote] You make somewhat of a point ,but you understate some key issues. Its hardly par if a small D-2 4a school plays a much larger 5a school and thats what were talking about 4a not 5a vs 5a. And it doesn't seem more difficult it is more difficult. I do agree that moving down to 4a ought to be to Lee's advantage, but I think your going to find 19-4a is going to be very competitive to say the least.
[/quote]

Let me see if I got the point of all this, I assume you are saying on average 5A teams are better than 4A teams. The science behind that is the fact that 5A schools typically have a larger talent pool than 4A. So for a 5A school to play a 4A school means 1 of 2 things for the 5A school, either they want to whip up on a smaller school or they think the smaller school is worthy competition. The benefit for a 4A scholl is the fact that by default 5A schools are better than 4A schools, which gives the 4A school stiff competition early on. Anyway 5A schedules are supposed to be harder, they are 5A. The fact is the only school in Lee's pre-district schedule that would give Dayton trouble is LaPorte.

If you want to talk smack to Dayton let it rip. Don't beat around the bush. ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bronco1" post="803246" timestamp="1274272210"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg803176#msg803176 date=1274236548]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=65952.msg803155#msg803155 date=1274230682]
Don't want to belabor the point, as I realize that Lee is not a world beater, but that is a run of the mill schedule for a 5a team.  If you're a 5a team, and you schedule Angleton, Ike and Elkins, then no one would blink an eye.  It would be on par with what everyone else is playing.

[/quote]

Let me see if I got the point of all this, I assume you are saying on average 5A teams are better than 4A teams. The science behind that is the fact that 5A schools typically have a larger talent pool than 4A. So for a 5A school to play a 4A school means 1 of 2 things for the 5A school, either they want to whip up on a smaller school or they think the smaller school is worthy competition. The benefit for a 4A scholl is the fact that by default 5A schools are better than 4A schools, which gives the 4A school stiff competition early on. Anyway 5A schedules are supposed to be harder, they are 5A. The fact is the only school in Lee's pre-district schedule that would give Dayton trouble is LaPorte.

If you want to talk smack to Dayton let it rip. Don't beat around the bush. ;D
[/quote]

Lee could schedule those same schools and it would be a bloodbath. There was a reason Olin left and it was not because the district would not provide him with a turf practice field.

The point was that 4A is easier than 5A, much the same point I made a few months ago.

I don't care to talk trash to any team specifically, as I am a Gander fan, and am in no position to talk trash to anyone.
Lee has been down for a few years.

The only point that I have made is that 5A is tougher than 4A, which was just re-emphasized for me in the fact that this appears like a tough schedule to a 4A team.

To a 5A team, that is just a middle of the road schedule of teams to play.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="803465" timestamp="1274305215"]
The point was that 4A is easier than 5A, much the same point I made a few months ago.

I don't care to talk trash to any team specifically, as I am a Gander fan, and am in no position to talk trash to anyone.
Lee has been down for a few years.

The only point that I have made is that 5A is tougher than 4A, which was just re-emphasized for me in the fact that this appears like a tough schedule to a 4A team.

To a 5A team, that is just a middle of the road schedule of teams to play.

[/quote]

I agree that 5a is tougher than 4a, just like 10 apples is more than 9 apples.  Thanks for stating the obvious.  However, unless Jermaine Alfred, Jermaine Edwards, Clint Stoerner, Haji Tommy, and Chris Thiery are suiting up for Lee next year, yall ain't beating Dayton. 

[quote name="panamamyers" post="803557" timestamp="1274322680"]
Glad you think it is obvious, as I think it is obvious too.
Some on this board will argue til the cows come home that 5a is not better than 4a.

No where in my posts on this thread did I say Lee would beat Dayton.
Lee could go winless this year.

[/quote]
No worry Panama.  Lee will put a whooping on some of those 4A teams.  They are gonna be surprised at how physical Lee can be,

[quote name="panamamyers" post="803557" timestamp="1274322680"]
Glad you think it is obvious, as I think it is obvious too.
Some on this board will argue til the cows come home that 5a is not better than 4a.

No where in my posts on this thread did I say Lee would beat Dayton.
Lee could go winless this year.

[/quote] Your whole thrust since you've been posting about 4a is that how much and how battle tested previous 5a Lee new comer is and now you say "Lee could go winless this year ". against non 5a teams no less.  I guess that pendulum swings both ways .

[quote name="BHEagle1" post="803578" timestamp="1274326890"]
Better Tighten up your Jocks, "The Hill" is coming to the party to play. New system, New attitude, New Results!

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote] I don't care who you are now thats funny !

downgoes...jermaine who?  you mean "i'm enrolling at lee with a different name because I'm really a bronco named roderick amey"...aka...the rocket? What is the statute of limitations for UIL investigations?

for panamamyers...good thing u r n 4a so u don't have 2 worry about 5a competition...Lee will get beat by crosby, gcm, dayton, and possibly bh.

Real talk,  19 4A will come down to Crosby and Dayton for the district championship.

Tyrone's predictions....Lee will try to realign with a 3A district after getting smashed off in 19 4A(that's 4 u panama), Panama Myers will become the new crosby on the message boards this fall,  Dayton will be back in the state championship game within 4 years!

[quote name="BHEagle1" post="803578" timestamp="1274326890"]
Better Tighten up your Jocks, "The Hill" is coming to the party to play. New system, New attitude, New Results!

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote]
Those Barbers Hill people all suffer from delusions of grandeur.....
Reality bites on September 24
BH Ealge...
I hope you are on some medication as you watch the Eagles chase the Broncos up and down the field again.  Just remember that 3rd quarter last year at Broncos stadium, this year it could end up being 4 quarters of that.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="803611" timestamp="1274355133"]
[quote author=BHEagle1 link=topic=65952.msg803578#msg803578 date=1274326890]

1 BH
2 Lee
3 Dayton
4 Crosby
5 King
T-6 Galena Park
T-6 GCM
T-6 North Forest
[/quote]
[b]Those [/b] [b]Barbers Hill [/b] people [b]all[/b] suffer from delusions of grandeur.....
Reality bites on September 24
BH Ealge...
I hope you are on some medication as you watch the Eagles chase the Broncos up and down the field again.  Just remember that 3rd quarter last year at Broncos stadium, this year it could end up being 4 quarters of that.
[/quote]

Kind of a blanket statement wouldn't you say.  ;)