19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="BHFAN" post="765591" timestamp="1267037313"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=65952.msg765558#msg765558 date=1267034216]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65952.msg765553#msg765553 date=1267033758]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg758915#msg758915 date=1265952636]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65952.msg758781#msg758781 date=1265936552]
1. Crosby - Returning QB, but will need some help.

2. Baytown Lee - Underestimating the Ganders will be a big mistake!

3. Dayton - Limps into district after a brutal pre district!

4. BH - New Coach, New Sytem will be clicking by district! if not GCM
4. GCM - 3 rd year and they have to rebuild no more returning the whole team.

[/quote] If Dayton comes out of pre-district unscaved (more than likely will ) then look out ! If they do get a little banged up then ... well thats why they schedule teams like BH early in the season. ;)
[/quote]

You better schedule someone a little easier this year then because your 3 point victory wasn't to impressive ;D
[/quote]

you might wanna hope our QB is getting his first start on Varsity again.   ;D

Just remember how that 3rd quarter was and expect 3 others just like it this year (I'm exaggerating... that would be 84 points)  ;D
[/quote]

We have a new Coach that hopefully won't let your QB throw 10 consecutive 8 yard curls in a row before adjusting ;D ;D anywho goodluck next year with this QB maybe you can score on Crosby ;D ;D
[/quote]

i'm sure gage will do a fine job adjusting and then we'll move on to something else.

Good luck to you guys too... maybe ya'll can keep the TO's down to 10 a game or so.  ;D

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="765590" timestamp="1267037213"]

[/quote] If Dayton comes out of pre-district unscaved (more than likely will ) then look out ! If they do get a little banged up then ... well thats why they schedule teams like BH early in the season. ;)
[/quote]

You better schedule someone a little easier this year then because your 3 point victory wasn't to impressive ;D
[/quote]
You must have been at the concession stand putting your Grey Poupon on your hot dog during the whole 3rd quarter (the one that Dayton blasted the Eagles 21 to 0)   ;D

It will be interesting to see how many sophomores from both teams end up on varsity.
Lots of talent at both Dayton and Barbers Hill in that grade level (current freshmen).
Any idea from BH fans, does the freshmen QB have a chance to be the starter for Varsity next year?
The kid has a gun and is a great all around athlete.
[/quote]

Yall didn't even have any Grey Poupon! how Uncivilized!!

Not sure who will QB it should be a wide open race this year! If he is good enough then he will start 8)

[quote name="dayton" post="765597" timestamp="1267037588"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65952.msg765591#msg765591 date=1267037313]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just remember how that 3rd quarter was and expect 3 others just like it this year (I'm exaggerating... that would be 84 points)  ;D
[/quote]

We have a new Coach that hopefully won't let your QB throw 10 consecutive 8 yard curls in a row before adjusting ;D ;D anywho goodluck next year with this QB maybe you can score on Crosby ;D ;D
[/quote]

i'm sure gage will do a fine job adjusting and then we'll move on to something else.

Good luck to you guys too... maybe ya'll can keep the TO's down to 10 a game or so.  ;D
[/quote]

We will see ;D It's going to be a great district this year!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="765600" timestamp="1267037699"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=65952.msg765597#msg765597 date=1267037588]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65952.msg765591#msg765591 date=1267037313]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We will see ;D It's going to be a great district this year!
[/quote]

No doubt... a lot of parity (sp?)

BH
CEK
Crosby
Dayton
GCM
LEE

All these should battle for spots IMO.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="765608" timestamp="1267038548"]
When Dayton plays BH this year please tell me that the visitor bleachers have been expanded past the 40 yard line. ?  :-\
[/quote]

I don't think they did anything to the visitors side. Its OK though at least they have parking.

1.  Crosby- Good QB, will be ok if they can help him out.  They need to keep his jersey clean.
2.  Dayton- Good coaching and very consistant...will the young QB be able to guide them to reginal finals again?
3.  Baytown Lee- Transition to 4A won't be as easy as they think, but they should be ok to claim the 3 or 4 spot, but I don't see them getting further than round 2 at best.
4. GCM- Not sure about the fourth spot, but if I had to guess, GCM would be my pick.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="765620" timestamp="1267039985"]
1.  Crosby- Good QB, will be ok if they can help him out.  They need to keep his jersey clean.
2.  Dayton- Good coaching and very consistant...will the young QB be able to guide them to reginal finals again?
3.  Baytown Lee- Transition to 4A won't be as easy as they think, but they should be ok to claim the 3 or 4 spot, but I don't see them getting further than round 2 at best.
4. GCM- Not sure about the fourth spot, but if I had to guess, GCM would be my pick.
[/quote]

I'm thinking like you are except GCM could bump either 3 or 4 in my opinion.

I've got my money on herrera being successful.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="765620" timestamp="1267039985"]
[/quote]
this is also my picks...
Wild card is Barbers Hill.
Good talent in next year's 10th grade, but will it be enough.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="765608" timestamp="1267038548"]
When Dayton plays BH this year please tell me that the visitor bleachers have been expanded past the 40 yard line. ?  :-\
[/quote]

I thought that I heard it was in Dayton again this year? I haven't seen anything on stadium improvements, but I would think they are not far away ;D BH needs better Visitor stands & some Turf!

And Dayton needs to buy out the local homes and build a parking lot or build a light rail to the stadium ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="765689" timestamp="1267048259"]
Anybody care to take a stab at 17-4A for next year?  Top 4?
[/quote]  Brenham if they are anything like last year will be #1 ( like their receivers and running back ) Montgomery looks to be a contender - Waller the wild-card - No knowledge of the other teams !

Brenham should have easy time with all the D-1 kids on there roster this year..Believe they should be one of the top 3 teams in state this year..Where do yaw keep getting all these kids every year...We(crosby) start the year out against Montgomery so i'll be able to let you know about them..we barely beat them in playoffs last year and they got that little rb back this year...would like to meet up with yaw in playoffs again..We owe you one.....

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="765802" timestamp="1267059785"]
Brenham should have easy time with all the D-1 kids on there roster this year..Believe they should be one of the top 3 teams in state this year..Where do yaw keep getting all these kids every year...We(crosby) start the year out against Montgomery so i'll be able to let you know about them..we barely beat them in playoffs last year and they got that little rb back this year...would like to meet up with yaw in playoffs again..We owe you one.....
[/quote]

I don't know, our coaches are really good but I don't know where these kids keep coming from.  Montgomery won't be easy.  They took us down to the wire and a holding call brought back a 78 yard td.  We won 14-7. They trailed Huntsville by 4, and had 4 downs to punch it in from the 2.  I'm surprised Dobbins couldn't get in.  All 3 losses were really close.  He would be nationally like Malcolm Brown and Jonathan Gray, if he wasn't 5'9" 160.  Their QB is the coach's son.  Look for alot of draws and the PA pass.  We'll either meet in round 2 or in the reginal final, if all goes right.  Unless y'all go D1.

Looking deep inside the 2010 Broncos I see some lack of seniors & juniors from the 2009 roster although the returning players got alot of experience going 4 games deep in the playoffs.Last year we had 19 seniors w/many 3 & 4 yr.starters-14 juniors-7 soph.-1 freshman kicker so without any new or move in's-or transfers this team will have only 14 seniors-7 jrs.-1 soph plus whatever class players move up from JV and freshman teams.In comparison to teams like FWood.-Angleton-PNG's out there that field 25-30 seniors nearly every year.But Dayton finds ways to continue winning every year w/young talent.To win the district outright on paper would be a tall order but the coaching staff seems to bring out the best in these kids year after year.I like the Broncos chances but how healthy will they be after the rugged pre-dist.schedule ahead of them.Always believe.

[quote name="liltex" post="765918" timestamp="1267067162"]
Looking deep inside the 2010 Broncos I see some lack of seniors & juniors from the 2009 roster although the returning players got alot of experience going 4 games deep in the playoffs.Last year we had 19 seniors w/many 3 & 4 yr.starters-14 juniors-7 soph.-1 freshman kicker so without any new or move in's-or transfers this team will have only 14 seniors-7 jrs.-1 soph plus whatever class players move up from JV and freshman teams.In comparison to teams like FWood.-Angleton-PNG's out there that field 25-30 seniors nearly every year.But Dayton finds ways to continue winning every year w/young talent.To win the district outright on paper would be a tall order but the coaching staff seems to bring out the best in these kids year after year.I like the Broncos chances but how healthy will they be after the rugged pre-dist.schedule ahead of them.Always believe.
[/quote]

I feel for you but I just can't reach ya!  :) You guys always find a way to get it done. Stinkin' purple. >:(

[quote name="liltex" post="765918" timestamp="1267067162"]
[/quote] 11 players on both sides of the ball equals 22 ~ returning players 14+7+1 equal 22 ~ looks like were good to go -so bring it on ! :)

Seems like there is a lot of talk about the "brutal" pre district schedule the broncos will play.  A couple of points on this, 1. Kids heal and recuperate quickly, B. Tough teams should help prepare Dayton for the playoffs, and 4. Tougher predistrict schedule will make most of the district games against powder puff opponents that much easier. 

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="765590" timestamp="1267037213"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You must have been at the concession stand putting your Grey Poupon on your hot dog during the whole 3rd quarter (the one that Dayton blasted the Eagles 21 to 0)   ;D

It will be interesting to see how many sophomores from both teams end up on varsity.
Lots of talent at both Dayton and Barbers Hill in that grade level (current freshmen).
Any idea from BH fans, does the freshmen QB have a chance to be the starter for Varsity next year?
The kid has a gun and is a great all around athlete.
[/quote]
Word is he might be moving.  Rumor has it there's a forsale sign in the yard.  Guess he don't like the wing "T".  Who ever gets him will have a pretty good QB.  If the Rumors are true.

No predictions on how well we will do this year.  You never know about how kids respond to a new offensive system.  We are hoping for a rapid learning curve.  The good news is that we will be returning a lot of young players on deffense that have a lot of game experiance.  We should be able to hold our own there if we can get some help on the line and replace 2 Seniors from the secondary.

• 2 months later...