Spurger @ Sabine Pass

A friend of mine told me that SP has yet to lose at home since they started playing at Nederland's old gym.  Congrats Spurger for being undefeated in the district so far.  The game against Evadale was very exciting in the first half, but Spurger pulled away in the second half.  I think this will be a good game.   

SP,

Your next game against WH at their house is a sandwich game.  Enjoy your victory against Spurger tonight and forget it tomorrow.  Back to the gym and don't think about Evadale.  Remember, WH ruined your season last year when they beat your team at their house (I was there), and ultimately denied your team a share of district title.  I went to your game tonight with a friend/co-worker of mine and he said that SP has played well since their loss to Evadale.  Based on what I saw tonight, guys played as a team for the most part.  The chemistry was definitely there.  Hope to see you against Evadale.  I was wrong about you guys when I picked SP to go 6 - 4 a few weeks ago.  My friend asked me to post my assessment of the game so I agreed since he paid for my ticket.  No. 30 and No. 25 were great both inside and outside.  No. 21 and No. 23 were good from the arc.  No. 3 played good defense and created some turnovers for SP, but ran out of gas towards the end of the game.  It was a good coaching job by Coach Harvey, he made an adjustment in the second quarter, which slowed down Spurger's temple of the game.  However, hee needs to rotate the players more to give his starters some rest.  Coach Issac kept rotating his players; I thought that was excellent although Spurger suffered its first loss of the season.             

First congrats to the sharks on the win.

Second Hold your heads up Spurger we know the team
was trying to fight through some other issues.
But we're not here for excuses a win is a win for the
sharks.

Third  (recruiter)        Not sure if your calling Spurger a pretender or not
              but I dont call a team pretender if they make the play offs the
                last couple of years,and dont go one and done.

[quote name="recruiter" post="754332" timestamp="1265172157"]
SP,

Your next game against WH at their house is a sandwich game.  Enjoy your victory against Spurger tonight and forget it tomorrow.  Back to the gym and don't think about Evadale.  Remember, WH ruined your season last year when they beat your team at their house (I was there), and ultimately denied your team a share of district title.  I went to your game tonight with a friend/co-worker of mine and he said that SP has played well since their loss to Evadale.  Based on what I saw tonight, guys played as a team for the most part.  The chemistry was definitely there.  Hope to see you against Evadale.  I was wrong about you guys when I picked SP to go 6 - 4 a few weeks ago.  My friend asked me to post my assessment of the game so I agreed since he paid for my ticket.  No. 30 and No. 25 were great both inside and outside.  No. 21 and No. 23 were good from the arc.  No. 3 played good defense and created some turnovers for SP, but ran out of gas towards the end of the game.  It was a good coaching job by Coach Harvey, he made an adjustment in the second quarter, which slowed down Spurger's temple of the game.  However, hee needs to rotate the players more to give his starters some rest.  Coach Issac kept rotating his players; I thought that was excellent although Spurger suffered its first loss of the season.             
[/quote]
Good comment, but about the rotating of players. You can tell that coach harvey does a great job in practice by getting his players in great shape so they don't have to sub so they can keep their best players on the court.  spurger was subbing their players cause they either got tired or they got in foul trouble

But talk about a great game of basketball.  This was an excelent game from both teams.  A district rivalry game that played up to the hype. No suprise that each team won the home games. Hopefully both teams go far in the playoffs. Sabine Pass still impressive at "home" (Nederland) hadn't lost a game there 2 years (since hurricane)

[quote name="court side" post="754342" timestamp="1265173774"]
First congrats to the sharks on the win.

Second Hold your heads up Spurger we know the team
was trying to fight through some other issues.
But we're not here for excuses a win is a win for the
sharks.

Third   (recruiter)        Not sure if your calling Spurger a pretender or not
              but I dont call a team pretender if they make the play offs the
                last couple of years,and dont go one and done.
[/quote]Spurger definitly not pretenders

Courtside,

I was simply responding to sport talk's post.  Spurger is definitely a contender to win the district.  When I said "pretender" in my previous post, I was referring to the teams that are not in the upper echelon in District 25-A.  I have read many of your posts, and you seem to be extremely knowledgeable of the game, so there is no need for me to be explicit as to which (3) teams are in the upper echelon in District 25-A.  As you know, SP is scheduled to play WH next, which is a sandwich game for them because they just played Spurger and Evadale is on deck.  If SP players do not handle the victory against Spurger well and start prematurely thinking about Evadale, they could set themselves up for an upset against WH (a pretender with a lot of potential in the next few years, but not this season).  I hope that will clear everything up. 

Coach Issacs is totally confident putting any one of his guys out on the court because everyone plays well on the Pirates TEAM.  Its called,"Team Work."  How can you learn to get out there and do something,when you are sitting down the whole game and you as a coach are not confident in throwing your last string in?  That is why Spurger is STRONG! Sabine Pass Go ahead and jump up High and keep Bumping your chest together! Spurger will take their losses and go home still feeling very confident about the game because they never gave up! Coach Issacs Keep up the Good work! People it is not who plays and makes the most points in the game that is important, because it takes TEAM EFFORT! Everyone one of the Spurger Boys are Good!

coach harvey does a great job with his players
he believe the best players will be on the court
spurger coach has his own beliefs
i think both TEAMS played good TEAM basketball.
last i heard it only takes 5 to play a game.

If how you feel is true and
sabine only played 5 then i guess sabine's 5 "WITHOUT TEAM WORK"
was better then the whole spurger TEAM that night.
(your words not mine)

I was surprise to see sabine take this without a key play due to injury #10

Overall i enjoy watching both teams

[quote name="recruiter" post="754384" timestamp="1265177372"]
Courtside,

I was simply responding to sport talk's post.  Spurger is definitely a contender to win the district.  When I said "pretender" in my previous post, I was referring to the teams that are not in the upper echelon in District 25-A.  I have read many of your posts, and you seem to be extremely knowledgeable of the game, so there is no need for me to be explicit as to which (3) teams are in the upper echelon in District 25-A.  As you know, SP is scheduled to play WH next, which is a sandwich game for them because they just played Spurger and Evadale is on deck.  If SP players do not handle the victory against Spurger well and start prematurely thinking about Evadale, they could set themselves up for an upset against WH (a pretender with a lot of potential in the next few years, but not this season).  I hope that will clear everything up. 
[/quote]I took your post the wrong way then, I do think sport talk was meaning this very thing that
happend, If spurger didnt bring the "A" game they wouldnt win in nederland. Dont think he was calling SP
a sandwich game. This district has played its self out like this the last three years,just a change a characters. Still alot of ball to be played,any thing could happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder