*HJ @ SILSBEE LIVE VIDEO BROADCAST THREAD*/ SILSBEE WINS 50-41!!!

[quote name="swag" post="752002" timestamp="1264838185"]
I proved them wrong by saying Hj was ok and not great. They are not the best at positions [b]they[/b] said they were..
[/quote]

As I asked earlier who are "they" I remember one Hawk fan get on here and state that, maybe he was just caught up in the excitement or maybe it was just his opinion as he stated ( he is entitled to one). and now for the last freakin month you have said that is what we all believe, so should I take every word you say to heart...Do you really think Devin should run for president. If so I hope that you were speaking of little dribblers.
and by the way there was no spanking last night as you predicted. Of course you predicted two different things so you could always fall back on the right one.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="752208" timestamp="1264890810"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=65323.msg752201#msg752201 date=1264890230]
I want to see a couple birth certificates from AAW.........They might have transfered there from Uconn.....how many students does Silsbee have?...
[/quote]

On snapshot day back in October Silsbee turned in 860. Trust me, Silsbee will never go back to 4A. ;D

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Jeremy Johnson remain on the team. You can never have enough '6"3 super athletic guards on your team. ;D

[/quote]

Now dont say that, will Silsbee never grow, with all of the new construction up there you never know....never say never... ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="no-look" post="752201" timestamp="1264890230"]
I want to see a couple birth certificates from AAW.........They might have transfered there from Uconn.....how many students does Silsbee have?...
[/quote]

38 - That's Varsity, JV, Freshmen and the young lady that sings the national anthem. ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="752286" timestamp="1264895647"]
[quote author=sal link=topic=65323.msg752185#msg752185 date=1264888865]
ST you are exactly right.  I personally think this is Silsbees best team in the last 5 years.  The only question remains is can they avoid a let down somewhere in the playoffs for an entire game.  Every team has a letdown during a game but if you want to win a state championship you have to recover in game.  They have had a letdown GAME every year.  They definitely have the tools.  If the don't get to cocky(like DC Stallworth did a couple of times last night) and stay humble I would consider them a favorite.  But I hope my hawks are able to knock them off at some point but I just do not see it.  Silsbee is as complete as they have every been with athletes and BASKETBALL players.
[/quote]This is true...

IF Hill comes back.
[/quote]

What do you mean "IF?"  You know something that I don't?

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="752351" timestamp="1264907588"]
[/quote]

38 - That's Varsity, JV, Freshmen and the young lady that sings the national anthem. ;D
[/quote]

Over 800, I can't find the numbers from two years ago.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="752358" timestamp="1264908014"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=65323.msg752351#msg752351 date=1264907588]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Over 800, I can't find the numbers from two years ago.
[/quote]

I looked up all the schools in 21-3A last year and I think Silsbee had 880 students but that changes from year to year. Silsbee was the only school over 700 at the time with HJ, WOS and HF in the mid to low 600's. OF had mid 500's with BC losing alot of students due to the hurricane but they were close to OF. Now, I'm trying to remember from a year ago so don't hold me to exact numbers.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="752208" timestamp="1264890810"]
[/quote]

[b]On snapshot day back in October Silsbee turned in 860[/b]. Trust me, Silsbee will never go back to 4A. ;D

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Jeremy Johnson remain on the team. You can never have enough '6"3 super athletic guards on your team. ;D

[/quote]

You guys didn't see me post this a few posts back. ;)

Silsbee turned in 860 for the up coming realignment.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="752355" timestamp="1264907911"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65323.msg752286#msg752286 date=1264895647]
ST you are exactly right.  I personally think this is Silsbees best team in the last 5 years.  The only question remains is can they avoid a let down somewhere in the playoffs for an entire game.  Every team has a letdown during a game but if you want to win a state championship you have to recover in game.  They have had a letdown GAME every year.  They definitely have the tools.  If the don't get to cocky(like DC Stallworth did a couple of times last night) and stay humble I would consider them a favorite.  But I hope my hawks are able to knock them off at some point but I just do not see it.  Silsbee is as complete as they have every been with athletes and BASKETBALL players.
[/quote]This is true...

IF Hill comes back.
[/quote]

What do you mean "IF?"  You know something that I don't?
[/quote]No, the more you talk to me, the more you find that I know NOTHING.

But, I was talking to the Silsbee coach after the game, I don't know his name but he's the bald one that's very animated during the game, and he was telling me that Hill has to get his grades back up in order to return.

... Not just to play basketball again, but if he wants to go to college.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="752435" timestamp="1264946292"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=65323.msg752355#msg752355 date=1264907911]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65323.msg752286#msg752286 date=1264895647]
[/quote]This is true...

IF Hill comes back.
[/quote]

But, I was talking to the Silsbee coach after the game, I don't know his name but he's the bald one that's very animated during the game, and he was telling me that Hill has to get his grades back up in order to return.

[/quote]

Man, I can't tell if you are pulling my leg or not!!  That coach is Travis Williams - are you sincere in saying that you didn't know who he is?  Well, no matter on that and you are right about Pheal's grades.  I thought maybe you had some other information.  Sorry about the over reaction. 8)

Guest ST4life
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="752435" timestamp="1264946292"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=65323.msg752355#msg752355 date=1264907911]
[/quote]This is true...

IF Hill comes back.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I would think that Pheal Hill will come back because it is probably killing him not playing the game

I can see the Tigers being district champs without him but I don’t see them making it to Austin without him

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="752438" timestamp="1264947755"]
Man, I can't tell if you are pulling my leg or not!!  That coach is Travis Williams - are you sincere in saying that you didn't know who he is?  Well, no matter on that and you are right about Pheal's grades.  I thought maybe you had some other information.  Sorry about the over reaction. 8)
[/quote]No, I'm not pulling any legs.  I was always confused with Silsbee.  I thought Travis Williams was the older gentleman that is always on their bench.

I liked the Coach that I talked to (who I now know is Mr. Williams).  He was very friendly and easy to talk to, and really concerned about his kids and their futures.

Good man.  We don't always have that in the coaching field.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="752506" timestamp="1264967334"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=65323.msg752438#msg752438 date=1264947755]
[/quote]No, I'm not pulling any legs.  I was always confused with Silsbee.  I thought Travis Williams was the older gentleman that is always on their bench.

I liked the Coach that I talked to (who I now know is Mr. Williams).  He was very friendly and easy to talk to, and really concerned about his kids and their futures.

Good man.  We don't always have that in the coaching field.
[/quote]The "older gentleman" that is on the bench is Coach Collins who has coached at the middle school for the past 15 years both boys and girls. He has been assisting the Varsity staff of both for quite awhile now. He also played for Travis' dad in the late 70's in Silsbee.

[quote name="AirForce84" post="752837" timestamp="1265038490"]
The "older gentleman" that is on the bench is Coach Collins who has coached at the middle school for the past 15 years both boys and girls. He has been assisting the Varsity staff of both for quite awhile now. He also played for Travis' dad in the late 70's in Silsbee.
[/quote]Thanks for the update.  I'm glad I can now put faces with names.  I knew Coach Williams was a legend around here, so I mistakenly assumed it was that guy.  Again, no slights were intended for anybody concerned.

BTW, why did you put "older gentleman" in quotes?  How would you have differentiated him from the other assistants?

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="753279" timestamp="1265063822"]
[quote author=AirForce84 link=topic=65323.msg752837#msg752837 date=1265038490]
The "older gentleman" that is on the bench is Coach Collins who has coached at the middle school for the past 15 years both boys and girls. He has been assisting the Varsity staff of both for quite awhile now. He also played for Travis' dad in the late 70's in Silsbee.
[/quote]Thanks for the update.  I'm glad I can now put faces with names.  I knew Coach Williams was a legend around here, so I mistakenly assumed it was that guy.  Again, no slights were intended for anybody concerned.

BTW, why did you put "older gentleman" in quotes?  How would you have differentiated him from the other assistants?
[/quote] No slight perceived. Both Coach collins and Brooks are the same age. Both played together at Silsbee. (1 year age diff). Of course you could not have known that. Coach collins greyed a little faster.. :)

[quote name="AirForce84" post="753631" timestamp="1265120741"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65323.msg753279#msg753279 date=1265063822]
[quote author=AirForce84 link=topic=65323.msg752837#msg752837 date=1265038490]

[/quote] No slight perceived. Both Coach collins and Brooks are the same age. Both played together at Silsbee. (1 year age diff). Of course you could not have known that. [b]Coach collins greyed a little faster.. :)[/b][/quote]

Must have more kids....lol  ;) :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline