*HJ @ SILSBEE LIVE VIDEO BROADCAST THREAD*/ SILSBEE WINS 50-41!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ST4life
If both Avery and Jones can play outstanding games

Such as:

Jones did vs. HJ

And

Avery did vs. WOS

Plus Hill, DC and Lane making plays like they do every game

If Silsbee can do that than I just don’t see why they would not go to state

Any thoughts?

[quote name="ST4life" post="752182" timestamp="1264888508"]

Such as:

Jones did vs. HJ

And

Avery did vs. WOS

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

as an HJ fan, i completely agree.  Silsbee not only has size, they have athletic, coordinated size.  I honestly believe that HJ is deserving of their top-10 ranking in the state, and Silsbee was able to stifle their offense and overcome their defense, without one of their most valuable players.  if they can avoid a major letdown, i'd be very surprised if they aren't representing SETX in austin this year.

ST you are exactly right.  I personally think this is Silsbees best team in the last 5 years.  The only question remains is can they avoid a let down somewhere in the playoffs for an entire game.  Every team has a letdown during a game but if you want to win a state championship you have to recover in game.  They have had a letdown GAME every year.  They definitely have the tools.  If the don't get to cocky(like DC Stallworth did a couple of times last night) and stay humble I would consider them a favorite.  But I hope my hawks are able to knock them off at some point but I just do not see it.  Silsbee is as complete as they have every been with athletes and BASKETBALL players.

Guest ST4life
[quote name="bullets13" post="752183" timestamp="1264888688"]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=65323.msg752182#msg752182 date=1264888508]

Such as:

Jones did vs. HJ

And

Avery did vs. WOS

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

as an HJ fan, i completely agree.  Silsbee not only has size, they have athletic, coordinated size.  I honestly believe that HJ is deserving of their top-10 ranking in the state, and Silsbee was able to stifle their offense and overcome their defense, without one of their most valuable players.  if they can avoid a major letdown, i'd be very surprised if they aren't representing SETX in austin this year.
[/quote]

Thanks for your honest opinion

Guest ST4life
[quote name="sal" post="752185" timestamp="1264888865"]
ST you are exactly right.  I personally think this is Silsbees best team in the last 5 years.  The only question remains is can they avoid a let down somewhere in the playoffs for an entire game.  Every team has a letdown during a game but if you want to win a state championship you have to recover in game.  They have had a letdown GAME every year.  They definitely have the tools.  If the don't get to cocky(like DC Stallworth did a couple of times last night) and stay humble I would consider them a favorite.  But I hope my hawks are able to knock them off at some point but I just do not see it.  Silsbee is as complete as they have every been with athletes and BASKETBALL players.
[/quote]

I agree with you 100%

[quote name="no-look" post="752201" timestamp="1264890230"]
I want to see a couple birth certificates from AAW.........They might have transfered there from Uconn.....how many students does Silsbee have?...
[/quote]

LOL......best looking group of kids I have seen on the 3A level in quite some time.  In fact I thought that Lubbock Estacado was physically intimidating last year but I think this silsbee team has better looking athletes believe it or not.

Guest ST4life
I want to see a couple birth certificates from AAW.........They might have transfered there from Uconn.....how many students does Silsbee have?...
[/quote]
:D :D :D

Silsbee has always had some tall and talented guys through the years

But like sal said "The only question remains is can they avoid a let down somewhere in the playoffs for an entire game.  Every team has a letdown during a game but if you want to win a state championship you have to recover in game.  They have had a letdown GAME every year.  They definitely have the tools."

[/quote]

On snapshot day back in October Silsbee turned in 860. Trust me, Silsbee will never go back to 4A. ;D

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Jeremy Johnson remain on the team. You can never have enough '6"3 super athletic guards on your team. ;D

Guest ST4life
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="752208" timestamp="1264890810"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=65323.msg752201#msg752201 date=1264890230]
[/quote]

On snapshot day back in October Silsbee turned in 860. Trust me, Silsbee will never go back to 4A. ;D

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Jeremy Johnson remain on the team. You can never have enough '6"3 super athletic guards on your team. ;D

[/quote]Any chance he might come back  ;D

I agree.........I told AAW last night that Silsbee is long, atheltic and very good but that I do not think that Silsbee is as good as everyone makes them out to be and that they are beatable, but they are the BEST team Silsbee has had in several years!!!!!!  If they stay on their game they will be in Austin..........if NOT and overlook a team like Jasper last year then there will be some rumblings in Tiger Country!!!!!!!!

I can agree with that assesment, LAZEEK. I have seen Silsbee play 20 of their 22 games this year, believe me, they are capable of stinking it up from time to time. But I am also convinced that if the Tigers play to their best abilities and play well, nobody in our district will beat them regardless of how well those teams play and I don't see anyone in the region defeating them, including Cleveland, who I have personally seen play a couple of times this year.

Silsbee's overall length just causes bad matchup problems for most teams, particularly smaller schools, 3A and below. Add their athleticism and good basketball skills, and they are a very dangerous team on the 3A level. Like it was mentioned earlier, there are a lot of 5A and 4A teams that would like to have the size and ability of Silsbee.

I believe that Pheal Hill will return with a vengence and really spark this team to even greater play. If the Tigers can stay focused and keep the course, they will be back in Austin.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="752224" timestamp="1264891964"]
DC is better than Prentice........sorry just my opinion!!!!!
[/quote]

I think DC is the better overall player, but Prentice is a better scorer and creator and brings that explosiveness from the big guard spot that most teams don't have. He is also the better outside shooter.

Coop, Prentice Lane is definitely a Top 30 player!!!!! ;D

Guest ST4life
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="752230" timestamp="1264892386"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=65323.msg752224#msg752224 date=1264891964]
DC is better than Prentice........sorry just my opinion!!!!!
[/quote]

I think DC is the better overall player, but Prentice is a better scorer and creator and brings that explosiveness from the big guard spot that most teams don't have. He is also the better outside shooter.

Coop, Prentice Lane is definitely a Top 30 player!!!!! ;D
[/quote]
That is funny cause as soon as coop posted that player ranking I said that Lane should be on that list somewhere  ;)

As far as the Stallworth vs. Lane talk

Both players are very good end of story

Guest ST4life
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="752218" timestamp="1264891460"]
I agree.........I told AAW last night that Silsbee is long, atheltic and very good [b]but that I do not think that Silsbee is as good as everyone makes them out to be [/b] and that they are beatable, but they are the BEST team Silsbee has had in several years!!!!!!  If they stay on their game they will be in Austin..........if NOT and overlook a team like Jasper last year then there will be some rumblings in Tiger Country!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I disagree with that

I really have not seen anybody make them out to be anything but what they are so far this year

[quote name="sal" post="752185" timestamp="1264888865"]
[/quote]This is true...

IF Hill comes back.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami