*HJ @ SILSBEE LIVE VIDEO BROADCAST THREAD*/ SILSBEE WINS 50-41!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="751833" timestamp="1264821572"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=65323.msg751828#msg751828 date=1264821367]
Hawks on a run, down 7.  still missing freethrows.
[/quote]

Too much pride on the Hawks side to blow them out.  Silsbee clearly has more [s]talent[/s] size.
[/quote]

my take on the game:

First off, congrats to Silsbee on a hard-fought win.  i didn't think the officiating was spectacular, but it was pretty fair.  I didn't think either team got a big advantage from the calls.  This game could've gone differently, but Silsbee was the better team.  The Hawks shot terribly from the line... if they cracked 40%, i'd be shocked.  in a game like this, you've got to take advantage when you're given free points, and they didn't do it.  They also missed a lot of fairly good looks in down low.  a couple of those baskets and a couple of freethrows and this is anyone's game.  that being said, they didn't do it.  Apart from that, Silsbee's size was the biggest factor in this game.  I don't know how many points they got off of putbacks, but i bet it accounted for close to half their points.  The hawks played a great defensive game, but it's tough when you force a 6'4'' guy into taking a bad shot, only to have a 6'7'' guy on the backside there to sky up for an easy tap-in.  Silsbee deserves a ton of credit for their ability to break the press tonight.  They had a lot of turnovers (as did the hawks), but they consistently broke the hawk press over the top, leading to some easy baskets.  they did a great job cleaning up on the offensive glass, and also on the defensive glass, as the hawks had very few opportunities for second-chance points.  Silsbee also did a good job in their overall disruption of the Hawks' offense.  Most of HJ's points came on the break, and Silsbee still managed to spoil several good chances for fast break points by the hawks.  The 3rd quarter is what sealed it.  Apart from that, the hawks were +2 for the game, but in that quarter the Tiger defense stepped up and shut the hawks down, and this led to some offense, as they outscored HJ 15-4 in the period.  all in all, a good win for the Tigers, and a good effort from the hawks to not give up.  i look forward to seeing the rematch in person.  

Good win for the Tigers over a tough HJ team. I can't wait to see the stats. I would like to know how many shots Sutherland got off. We always had someone there as soon as he got the ball. DC and Jones had big games. Has to be the best game I have seen Kendrick play this year.

Guest ST4life
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="751897" timestamp="1264826950"]
Good game, Silsbee.  Those guys kept us out of our rhythm and forced us into changing our shots.  If we improve in a couple of areas, we can hang with them the next game, but their going to be even tougher when Hill comes back.
[/quote]

With Pheal Hill back Silsbee's defense will be even better

Plus Silsbee should be able to generate even more points

Guest ST4life
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="751905" timestamp="1264827796"]
Just a quick stat, Silsbee post man Kendrick Jones has 12 points, [b]22 rebounds[/b], 4 block shots, and 1 alley oop!!

D.C. Stallworth had 16
Prentice Lane had 14.

Silsbee outrebounded HJ 47-26!
[/quote]
Wow!!!  :o way to go Jones

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="751905" timestamp="1264827796"]
Just a quick stat, Silsbee post man Kendrick Jones has 12 points, [b]22 rebounds[/b], 4 block shots, and 1 alley oop!!

D.C. Stallworth had 16
Prentice Lane had 14.

Silsbee outrebounded HJ 47-26!
[/quote]Yes, Ricossa needed more help down low and didn't get much of any.

And yes, the Alley Oop was pretty cool!

I really thought the game was called very fair, and I thought that Silsbee did a great job tonight it was a hard faught game right down to the end. Way to get after them Hawks you just kept fighting, I think we were down 15 at one point in the third and you just kept fighting, great job Hawks. Silsbee size killed us tonight as well as DC, He did a great job tonight.

Sometimes you just have to understand the other team is a little bit better!!!!!!  I said it earlier that Silsbee's length and ability to get 2nd chance points really hurt HJ.  That and the fact that HJ could not hit the broad side of a barn tonight, but just to make sure that SWAG understands that I am not blaming HJ!!!!!!  Silsbee is and was the better team tonight!!!!!!  There is not many teams that can matchup with their size in 3A!!!!!  If HJ cannot win the Region than I sure hope Silsbee does!!!!  Great job tonight and now HJ will have to regroup and head to BC on Tuesday!!!  Really anxious to hear SWAG'S opinion on how a few of HJ's player were not used correctly and how ineffective they were while they were in the game!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline