Fans of Anchorman

I appreciate what you're doing.  Anchorman is one of my favorite movies.  Some of the things you do make me laugh. BUT... one of the rules of our forum regards off-topic posting.  Obviously y'all are friends, and a lot of our topics on here are turning into silly conversations.  You're welcome to come on here and seriously discuss soccer, and i'm willing to let discussions about HF soccer go a little since you guys are obviously HF players/fans/students/whatever.  I am afraid, however, that I'm going to have to start cracking down a bit on some of your comments on the other soccer threads.  When the problem was first brought to my attention, i didn't see much of an issue, but just today i've seen 15 or 20 silly, off-topic comments from you guys throughout the website, mostly on the soccer forum.  If the problem persists, I'll have to start with warnings, and if it further continues, bans will be issued.  I'm glad to have y'all on the site, and as moderators we never like to discourage conversation, but this is a serious sports site for serious fans, and the rules must be followed.  If you'd like, you can use this thread as a personal forum to continue your inside jokes and Anchorman quotes.  Anything said in this thread that doesn't violate site rules, no matter how silly, will be allowed.  So anyway, sorry to have to do this, but I'd prefer to let y'all know like this than with a bunch of warnings. 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bullets13" post="743604" timestamp="1263435007"]
I appreciate what you're doing.  Anchorman is one of my favorite movies.  Some of the things you do make me laugh. BUT... one of the rules of our forum regards off-topic posting.  Obviously y'all are friends, and a lot of our topics on here are turning into silly conversations.  You're welcome to come on here and seriously discuss soccer, and i'm willing to let discussions about HF soccer go a little since you guys are obviously HF players/fans/students/whatever.  I am afraid, however, that I'm going to have to start cracking down a bit on some of your comments on the other soccer threads.  When the problem was first brought to my attention, i didn't see much of an issue, but just today i've seen 15 or 20 silly, off-topic comments from you guys throughout the website, mostly on the soccer forum.  If the problem persists, I'll have to start with warnings, and if it further continues, bans will be issued.  I'm glad to have y'all on the site, and as moderators we never like to discourage conversation, but this is a serious sports site for serious fans, and the rules must be followed.  If you'd like, you can use this thread as a personal forum to continue your inside jokes and Anchorman quotes.  Anything said in this thread that doesn't violate site rules, no matter how silly, will be allowed.  So anyway, sorry to have to do this, but I'd prefer to let y'all know like this than with a bunch of warnings. 
[/quote]

You know I don't speak Spanish.

(OK. I'm sory. Just could not resist. I will gladly comply with your request.)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bullets13" post="743638" timestamp="1263439352"]
What's that? Well if you were a man, I'd punch you. Punch you right in the mouth. That's bush. Bush league. YOU HEAR ME? GCMpats! LOOK AT ME! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Alright?

[/quote]

I swear, I'm so ticked off at bullets13. As soon as he's of age, I'm putting him in a home.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="744280" timestamp="1263572441"]
Bullets.  Your an administrator.  How is this post soccer related?  I am enjoying reading the comments but however shouldnt this be under trivia, movie trivia or just  somewhere else.  Hard to ask the  people on here to take the site serious when the admin isnt.
[/quote]

Excuse me... is that 'sex panther' you're wearing?

[quote name="bullets13" post="743604" timestamp="1263435007"]
I appreciate what you're doing.  Anchorman is one of my favorite movies.  Some of the things you do make me laugh. BUT... one of the rules of our forum regards off-topic posting.  Obviously y'all are friends, and a lot of our topics on here are turning into silly conversations.  You're welcome to come on here and seriously discuss soccer, and i'm willing to let discussions about HF soccer go a little since you guys are obviously HF players/fans/students/whatever.  I am afraid, however, that I'm going to have to start cracking down a bit on some of your comments on the other soccer threads.  When the problem was first brought to my attention, i didn't see much of an issue, but just today i've seen 15 or 20 silly, off-topic comments from you guys throughout the website, mostly on the soccer forum.  If the problem persists, I'll have to start with warnings, and if it further continues, bans will be issued.  I'm glad to have y'all on the site, and as moderators we never like to discourage conversation, but this is a serious sports site for serious fans, and the rules must be followed.  [b]If you'd like, you can use this thread as a personal forum to continue your inside jokes and Anchorman quotes.[/b]  Anything said in this thread that doesn't violate site rules, no matter how silly, will be allowed.  So anyway, sorry to have to do this, but I'd prefer to let y'all know like this than with a bunch of warnings.  
[/quote]

read the bold, shark.  better in one thread than in all of the soccer threads.  it's also worth noting that since putting my original post, the other threads have been much better.  i've had to delete only one or two posts since i started this thread.  besides, I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Veronica Corningstone" post="744350" timestamp="1263580643"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64731.msg744292#msg744292 date=1263573595]
[quote author=sharkfutbol link=topic=64731.msg744280#msg744280 date=1263572441]
Bullets.  Your an administrator.  How is this post soccer related?  I am enjoying reading the comments but however shouldnt this be under trivia, movie trivia or just  somewhere else.  Hard to ask the  people on here to take the site serious when the admin isnt.
[/quote]

Excuse me... is that 'sex panther' you're wearing?

[/quote]

I think that sharkfutbol is definitely wearing sex panther because that post smells like a used diaper filled with Indian food!!

But seriously shark, all of my posts have been relativey spot on soccer related besides this thread. This thread was actually a smart move by bullets because the people who find the whole anchorman idea annoying (most likely includes you) can easily avoid the fun posts that we are putting. On the other hand, the people who find it entertaining can also access the thread just to get a little laugh or smile.

If this bothers you so much then you just simply don't click on it. You complaining about the solution that settled the whole thing just makes you sound like you are just trying to start forum drama. Don't attack the moderator when he is trying to solve this situation for everyone.

again not trying to attack you either i'm just saying chill and out and we will all continue posting about our favored teams and players and games etc.
[/quote]

I think I just ate your chocolate squirrel.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="bullets13" post="747507" timestamp="1264099797"]
some of you are starting to get off-topic in the other threads.  i enjoy y'all on here, and don't want to have to start banning people.  keep it on-topic in the other threads.
[/quote]

I agree,  Bullets has been very good to you children and has good patience with you.  I think he has done an excellant job of putting up with yall.  Every Mod on here has had numerous complaints from this group and that needs to stop.  I look forward to helping bullets out moderating in the soccer forum.  I am warning you though I don't have near the patience he does.  Please stay on topic and make responsible post and enjoy posting!

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="747670" timestamp="1264123205"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=64731.msg747635#msg747635 date=1264117047]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=64731.msg747507#msg747507 date=1264099797]
some of you are starting to get off-topic in the other threads.  i enjoy y'all on here, and don't want to have to start banning people.  keep it on-topic in the other threads.
[/quote]

I agree,  Bullets has been very good to you children and has good patience with you.  I think he has done an excellant job of putting up with yall.  Every Mod on here has had numerous complaints from this group and that needs to stop.  I look forward to helping bullets out moderating in the soccer forum.  I am warning you though I don't have near the patience he does.  Please stay on topic and make responsible post and enjoy posting!
[/quote]

Bullets can handle it by himself, thank you.
[/quote]

i'll take all the help i can get.  and ryker isn't joking around, he'll bust y'all off the site pretty quick, so be sure to follow the rules.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="747676" timestamp="1264123598"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=64731.msg747674#msg747674 date=1264123477]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=64731.msg747670#msg747670 date=1264123205]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i'll take all the help i can get.  and ryker isn't joking around, he'll bust y'all off the site pretty quick, so be sure to follow the rules.
[/quote]

I'm not a rule breaker. I am a law maker. I lay down the law, thats just what I do.
[/quote]

just make sure you keep your lawmaking to this thread.  you guys crack me up most of the time, and i'd hate to see y'all gone.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="747670" timestamp="1264123205"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]  nice try!

[quote name="Champ  Kind" post="747859" timestamp="1264171250"]
We need you Bullets13. Heck, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so darn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your laugh. I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

[/quote]
Good one.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder