Proposition for Bluedove

Guest stevenash

Guest stevenash
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="742490" timestamp="1263268149"]
[quote author=hjhawks link=topic=64619.msg742466#msg742466 date=1263266073]
the neat thing about high school is that there are 4 grade levels to combine..... 2 great classes merged with 2 average classes do no always equal success......
[/quote]Not true. all the time. I've seen average players elevate their game when better competition is around.
[/quote]

If that is true, then wh.at happens in 7th and 8th grade is not as significant as you would have us believe

[quote name="postup" post="742463" timestamp="1263265889"]
Dove is not going to have the team he thinks he will by the time these boys reach high school.  This group is losing 2 key players for sure and a possible 4 more.  HF seems to have a problem getting the talented players (of all sports) to commit to their high school.
[/quote]Does this include Dove's 2?  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="742360" timestamp="1263253235"]
I'll put Silsbee's 8th grade team up against anyone's.

They have yet to lose a game, from last year to this year.
[/quote]I see this streak continuing through their Freshman year.  After that,  several of them will be on Varsity.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="742940" timestamp="1263350044"]
[quote author=HFfan5 link=topic=64619.msg742634#msg742634 date=1263314887]
This is really starting to become a joke
[/quote]agreed
[/quote]

What's a joke?  The fact that some are extrapolating the success of Jr. High teams to their High School years?

[quote name="stevenash" post="742963" timestamp="1263351595"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64619.msg742940#msg742940 date=1263350044]
[quote author=HFfan5 link=topic=64619.msg742634#msg742634 date=1263314887]
This is really starting to become a joke
[/quote]agreed
[/quote]

What's a joke?  The fact that some are extrapolating the success of Jr. High teams to their High School years?
[/quote]must be

• 1 month later...
[quote name="HFHORNS" post="772871" timestamp="1268004493"]
WOW  when our kids were in 7th and 8th grade at HF they were good too...........lol.  Wait until they reach high school.  The football teams always went undefeated.
[/quote]Different breed Horn, these kids are different. I know talent! Oh and Stevie,our 7th graders & 8th graders played yours a week or so ago. The question was answered.

[quote name="stevenash" post="742236" timestamp="1263238302"]
I think you and I should meet whenever the HF 8th grade(I think these are the future state champs) plays against the HJ 8th grade team.  Would you be interested in that?
[/quote]Yo Nash! Where were you? Oh , we also had our 7th graders play against your team. I also got wind that one of your coaches said HF will be a force when these kids get in high school. This ain't the old HF Nash. Where are you stevenash?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="773113" timestamp="1268057349"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=64619.msg742236#msg742236 date=1263238302]
I think you and I should meet whenever the HF 8th grade(I think these are the future state champs) plays against the HJ 8th grade team.  Would you be interested in that?
[/quote]Yo Nash! Where were you? Oh , we also had our 7th graders play against your team. I also got wind that one of your coaches said HF will be a force when these kids get in high school. This ain't the old HF Nash. [b]Where are you stevenash?[/b][/quote]

He's here, just under a new name. ;)

Something tells me you may not see much of him for a while now that HJ's season is over. ;D

Dove- I made that post about two months ago and never got a response from u.  Now u suddenly want to know where I was.  I hope those 2012 champs react to situations quicker than u do.  I stopped posting inquiries to you because most of them were quickly deleted( same probably goes for this one)

[quote name="stevenash" post="773150" timestamp="1268060185"]
Dove- I made that post about two months ago and never got a response from u.  Now u suddenly want to know where I was.  I hope those 2012 champs react to situations quicker than u do.  I stopped posting inquiries to you because most of them were quickly deleted( same probably goes for this one)
[/quote]Some of mine get deleted too, hmmm? I just happen to run across your post and realized we played the 8th graders. Right now, your 8th graders really aren't ready for HF's team. Maybe by high school. Seriously, it looks like Silsbee, HF, and WO-S will be the powerhouses coming in the next 2 years.

Am sure u r totally right on thus one.  I happen to know the UIL director personally and, based on your commentary, I intend to contact him and ask that the 2012 district title be awarded now to the Longhorns, which will relieve them of going through the drudgery of no competition in the district.  That will give them quite a few more playing dates to take on the Yates and Bellaires of this world.  Please note that I think that HJ lost fairly and squarely and I am not crying that the "better team" was staying home. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="773177" timestamp="1268061976"]
Am sure u r totally right on thus one.  I happen to know the UIL director personally and, based on your commentary, I intend to contact him and ask that the 2012 district title be awarded now to the Longhorns, which will relieve them of going through the drudgery of no competition in the district.  That will give them quite a few more playing dates to take on the Yates and Bellaires of this world.  Please note that I think that HJ lost fairly and squarely and I am not crying that the "better team" was staying home. 
[/quote]Never said there would be no competition. But HJ's dominace in the district will be tested greatly.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="773200" timestamp="1268063904"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=64619.msg773177#msg773177 date=1268061976]
Am sure u r totally right on thus one.  I happen to know the UIL director personally and, based on your commentary, I intend to contact him and ask that the 2012 district title be awarded now to the Longhorns, which will relieve them of going through the drudgery of no competition in the district.  That will give them quite a few more playing dates to take on the Yates and Bellaires of this world.  Please note that I think that HJ lost fairly and squarely and I am not crying that the "better team" was staying home.  
[/quote]Never said there would be no competition. But HJ's dominace in the district will be tested greatly.
[/quote]

HJ's dominance?  Haven't they won the district only once in the last 5 years?  Not quite dominance.  The playoffs is where this team brings it up a notch.  We shall see if your kids will be able to do that on the high school level.  Remember a young man by the name of Prudhomme in 2012.  He may have something to say about HF's dominance!

Oh yea?  Just wait until u see the crop of third graders currently being groomed at HJ.  Additionally, many of the inner city elementary schools in Houston and Dallas are being visited by the HJ faithful.  Lazeek already has his instructions on what to teach these kids.

[quote name="sleepy" post="773216" timestamp="1268064635"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64619.msg773200#msg773200 date=1268063904]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=64619.msg773177#msg773177 date=1268061976]
Am sure u r totally right on thus one.  I happen to know the UIL director personally and, based on your commentary, I intend to contact him and ask that the 2012 district title be awarded now to the Longhorns, which will relieve them of going through the drudgery of no competition in the district.  That will give them quite a few more playing dates to take on the Yates and Bellaires of this world.  Please note that I think that HJ lost fairly and squarely and I am not crying that the "better team" was staying home.  
[/quote]

HJ's dominance?  Haven't they won the district only once in the last 5 years?  Not quite dominance.  The playoffs is where this team brings it up a notch.  We shall see if your kids will be able to do that on the high school level.  Remember a young man by the name of Prudhomme in 2012.  He may have something to say about HF's dominance!
[/quote]ho-hum ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder