Why is there so little talk on this side

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="738094" timestamp="1262575798"]
why is this side so dead....I guess smack talk rules. I hate it that the girlz get the short end of the stick, Maybe when district starts it will get better. I hope so.

[/quote]

I think it will pick up once district starts.

[quote name="youwishyouwere#1" post="738372" timestamp="1262645076"]
I want to know who comes up with these rankings. There is no way that Central can be ranked about Livingston or Willis who they lost to. Barbers Hill....bwahahahaha. They haven't even played anybody worth talking about except for who they lost to in their own tournament. PAAAAAAALLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

BH beat Willis by 10...but thanks for trying to stir a little    ;D

Guest bleed orange
3-5 years ago you had heated rivalries between Orangefield, Wos, Hamphire Fannett, Silsbee and Hardin Jefferson. You had a cast of parents and players that complimented those rivalries. I could be wrong but I think those heated games have demenished over the years. Even when Orangefield played Lumberton there was tension in the gym. You don't have players in the area like Brittany Scott, Brittany James, Janae Henderson, Courtney Wilson, Chelsa Pickering, Kristy Sanders, Jessica Shores, Kaylin Little, Olivia Wagner, Katelyn Bernson, Latrica Moore, Yoshika Spears, Memri Carmen, Cheyenne Craigen, Denitra Kellum, Ang Green and Brandi Fowler. That is just to name a few. Sorry if I left some off. Those names where at the top of my head. Most of these girls went on to play college ball. I could see the talent in the area starting to dip after the 2006/2007 season. I am not saying there is not talent in the area, just not as much as 3 years ago.

HEY BLEED...........What are you doing up at three A.M.....You left out a acouple of names from years past....That would be Sondra Ancelot and Carol Sims.....two people that kept this site interesting....I do want all of you to know that I read this site everyday...I am just not able to call much girl's basketball,, because Our UIL Chapter does not get any 3A ..and only a few 4A games...therefore I listen  and read instead of write...I do appreciate all of you that contribute!

Hey Hillguy, Thanks for your replies. I like a good argument. I am not trying to say the BH is a terrible team, I just think that sometimes those who do the rankings have no clue what they are talking about. They still had Central ranked higher than Livingston and a few other teams even after Central lost to Livingston. How can that be? I have seen BH play at the Montgomery tournament. I am not so sure that they are as good as everyone is piping them up to be. They were blown out in the game that I watched pretty badly. So, please pardon me if I am not that high on BH right now. They have plenty of potential, but I believe they get higher rankings due to the coach they have and not the play of the players. I could be wrong and will admit that if the time comes that I need to concede my thoughts. Until then...good luck and I wish BH the best on their season. 

[quote name="youwishyouwere#1" post="738810" timestamp="1262719442"]
Hey Hillguy, Thanks for your replies. I like a good argument. I am not trying to say the BH is a terrible team, I just think that sometimes those who do the rankings have no clue what they are talking about. They still had Central ranked higher than Livingston and a few other teams even after Central lost to Livingston. How can that be? I have seen BH play at the Montgomery tournament. I am not so sure that they are as good as everyone is piping them up to be. They were blown out in the game that I watched pretty badly. So, please pardon me if I am not that high on BH right now. They have plenty of potential, but I believe they get higher rankings due to the coach they have and not the play of the players. I could be wrong and will admit that if the time comes that I need to concede my thoughts. Until then...good luck and I wish BH the best on their season. 
[/quote]

Good luck to you as well...you probably caught the low point of BH's season (The Woodlands)...our big, Shaw, had rolled her ankle and we had some off-court distractions that day that probably affected the girls' play.  Its all good now though and they are clicking along.  Big game against K-Park, who is very underrated IMO, this Friday.  No doubt Livingston is good and very well-coached...it will be a battle royale if and when we meet up!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="738712" timestamp="1262711779"]
We did have it going the last two years though didn't we Bleed.
[/quote]

Yes we did and it was fun. I don't fair very well in the betting department. ;D ;D

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Slimpickens" post="738946" timestamp="1262734868"]
It's so quiet over here because -Everyone- is waiting for H.S. SOFTBALL to start!
[/quote]

Softball is like watching cement dry. ;D ;D ;D

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
On the topic of softball being boring, you have to consider a Softballer's perspective.  If you don't have the higher level of brain function to do more than one thing at a time coupled with a deep seeded appreciation of watching a single person do the same thing over and over and over again (pitcher), softball is a fast paced/exciting sport.  For those of us who don't list picking lint out of our belly button as a hobby, BASKETBALL IS THE SPORT. ;)

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="739087" timestamp="1262747747"]
[move]Softball is BORING!!!!![/move]
[/quote]

Awww...bet you played right field in t-ball, Bobcat!  I can think of an early fall sport and a communist kick ball sport that are FAR more boring than fastpitch softball.  :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin