Astros and Braves for Sunday

Guest Diva

So nobody is here with me for even moral support? (Stay outta here Coop...I'm not talking to you!)

Well, if anybody cares, Astros leave two stranded in the 7th. Score is 3-1...headed into the bottom of the 7th.

I've been watching the astros off and on all season. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I applaud their last ditch run at getting in. Still, they didn't take care of business during the season. The fact that today they had destiny in their hands and couldn't do anything with it says it all.

It was a good season after all. I enjoyed watch Luke Scott blossom as a hitter. Willie Taveras played some good ball. We actually went to a Sunday game and watched Roger Clemens pitch.

Next year they need to do something with Craig Biggio and let Chris Burke play.

That's my two lincolns on the Astros this year.

~ Kountzer ~

Guest emonarch777

i agree kountzer they waited too long to start playing and they didnt make any trades that would help. you dont keep bringing in your closer that has more run support coming of the other teams bats. we needed to get more power in the lineup, scott did awesome when they finally played him as an everyday player. bags should have stepped down when he knew he wasnt gonna be able to play, that would have freed up a good chunck of change to get more players. clemens did good this year but i think it was a waste of money on a old man. if they plan on a run next year they need power at the plate and a bullpen that can shut the other team down. my two cents on the season. but i must say thanks for making it interesting at the end.

They sure kept it interesting to the bitter in. We need to take a hard look at Garner, too many questionable moves during the year,ie Lidge and Biggio. Burke has to play more games than Bigs next year. Glad he finally played Scott who did contribute. I would keep Ensberg, maybe see what we can get for Willy . Something has to be done about 7 and 8 hole hitters. We lose 3 innings of ball every game for Ausmus. Everrete and the pitcher.

I still don’t understand Garner today with runners at 2nd and 3rd no outs and a lefty on the mound. I like Scotty (not as mush as Diva) but you have to bring in a righty for either Scott or Huff, who both k’d.

Anyway great year for the Astros, spring training right around the corner.

But what am I supposed to do until March though? I know, I know football...... :roll:....if I must! :lol:

Let's see...who's a football player as hot as Scotty?! Hmmm....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder