Football Player with a "TELL"

I just read the story about the Viking player that tipped off the other team because he puts his right leg farther back on pass plays and closer on runs. I noticed one this year on the Wildcats (sorry PP fans I wont reveal it) it is as sure as being in the huddle. It's just one player and  I am sure its just nerves.  When I played tailback I found that if I leaned very slightly to one side or the other some of the more agressive players would always take thier first step that direction. Anyone out there notices any give aways?

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="MattaPiggott" post="727309" timestamp="1260409758"]
I think it would be better if we talked about this after the FINAL game of the season ...  :o
[/quote]

::) ::) ;D

I teach my Defensive players to look for tells, even in practice it helps our offensive players know if they have any. Please come back after Sat. and let me know how the K-ville TB is tipping, I am always looking for new ones. :) Oh we never play K ville so it want be giving anything away.

When I was playing, West Sabine had a really good tailback and linebacker, Marcus Horn. Me and one of my buddies were watchin some film on them on wednesday after practice and we noticed that when he was getting the ball (which was about 25-30 times a game) he held his head up, looking at the defense. When he wasn't gettin it, head towards the ground. We told our coaches and we prepared and let everyone know the tell. He still got a bunch of yards, but not near as many as he would have if we didn't know that.

I would always look at the offensive line's feet and hands before the snap.  15 years ago it was easy to figure out what they were going to do...Not to mention that we watched hours and hours of film each week.  Art Briles was all business about watching film....before school and after practice.  Plus, my dad was a coach so I would bring video home and watch it every night.  We weren't going to out athlete most teams we played, but I can promise you we were going to be prepared and more physical. 

[quote name="triskaideka" post="727694" timestamp="1260483337"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=63596.msg727678#msg727678 date=1260481944]
I can remember coach saying if you saw white on the lineman's knuckles....run, no white...pass. 
[/quote]

DITTO
[/quote]

I think this is a reason that many teams choose to have their O-linemen go with a two point stance instead of a three point.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Kville1968" post="734972" timestamp="1261801269"]
I don't think its fair to give his name even now with the season over, but he rubs his thumbs across his index fingers (like a worry stone) when a pass is comming his way.
[/quote]

If your'e from Kville wouldn't be hard to figure out who this is.... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder