will this be the year ozen make the playoffs?

chab

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote name="renae70" post="740252" timestamp="1262918779"]
I know they have a real shot at the district crown this year, dont count them out this year.  Have a real good returning squad, actually the whole starting squad is returning.  So, I would beware of the upcoming talent on that squad for this year.
[/quote]

They may surprise some teams but have no shot at the district crown.  You need to start off with something a little more realistic like being in the top 4 and making the playoffs.  Nederland only lost two of last years starters, PNG only lost 3, and no player on Ozen's team would have even been able to be on any of the top four teams varsity roster's last year. 

[quote name="sitsinstands" post="742015" timestamp="1263178635"]
i think they have a great ball team and they could start any where any of them move too as long as they set their mind to it thats if you ask me i heard central will be tough as well
[/quote]

Get real!!!  You must not know anything about the other teams.  There was not a player on Ozen's team last year that would have started for Nederland, PNG, Vidor, Livingston, or LCM.  If so tell me who on those teams they could have replaced.  It's not a knock against Ozen's players but the talent pool in baseball at those schools is just deeper.  Because of the coaching and summer programs in those areas, they seem to be able to turn out baseball talent, year in and year out, like Ozen does basketball talent. 

[quote name="renae70" post="740252" timestamp="1262918779"]
I know they have a real shot at the district crown this year, dont count them out this year.  Have a real good returning squad, actually the whole starting squad is returning.  So, I would beware of the upcoming talent on that squad for this year.
[/quote]

::)  I have made a few stupid posts before but this is funny. Nederland and PNG wont lose to Ozen. So there goes the district crown idea.

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="740368" timestamp="1262924073"]
[quote author=renae70 link=topic=62636.msg740252#msg740252 date=1262918779]
[/quote]

They may surprise some teams but have no shot at the district crown.  You need to start off with something a little more realistic like being in the top 4 and making the playoffs.  Nederland only lost two of last years starters, PNG only lost 3, and no player on Ozen's team would have even been able to be on any of the top four teams varsity roster's last year.   
[/quote]

i beg to differ..Jacoby Anderson is [s]arguably[/s] the best catcher in the district, after all he is the returning first team all-district catcher

[quote name="dogs1218" post="742774" timestamp="1263326115"]
[quote author=renae70 link=topic=62636.msg740252#msg740252 date=1262918779]
[/quote]

::)   I have made a few stupid posts before but this is funny. Nederland and PNG wont lose to Ozen. So there goes the district crown idea  ozen will make it and they will beat nederland and png without a doubt [color=blue][/color]

[quote name="beastofozen" post="745592" timestamp="1263794143"]
I kno this the year the ozen panthers will make it to the playoffs and they will beat anybody this year (Nederland,PNG,Livingston,Lumberton,Vidor)[color=blue][/color]
[/quote]

Its great that you believe in your team, but unless dramatic change has occured, Ozen wont win district and most likely won't make playoffs. Not saying they can't, but the teams predicted ahead of them are better.

[quote name="ohs_CamBall_lu" post="745768" timestamp="1263853811"]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=62636.msg745559#msg745559 date=1263786657]
I would not base my argument on being All District. Every team gets represented whether deserved or not.      
[/quote]

okk i'll base it on his .445 BA nd 2 hr or the 9 baserunners he threw out
[/quote]
16 if you count the tournaments

• 1 month later...
I will give them this, Tuesday night I saw a better fundamental Ozen team than I have seen in years past, however, a district title is not in the forecast as far as I am concerned...I wish them well and glad to see them improving, but all that was good for Tuesday was a 10-0 5 inning, run rule loss.

I do think that they will beat some people this year...enough to make the playoffs?  I doubt it, but again wish them success.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder