Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="GCMPats" post="727616" timestamp="1260472698"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=62612.msg727598#msg727598 date=1260470092]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg727577#msg727577 date=1260467830]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=62612.msg727573#msg727573 date=1260467562]
[quote author=BHtheHill link=topic=62612.msg727420#msg727420 date=1260419494]
I hope the next AD can keep these numbers up.... ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

I don't think the AD is making the kids smart! The Parents and Teacher may have something to do with this ::)
[/quote]

No he is not "making the kids smart". He did provide them with an environment that was conducive to mainting a high level of education.
[/quote]

True, but these kids are maintaining their grade levels because of the Parents and Teachers not the AD's. The AD's giving the kids the opprotunity to study more does make it easier for them to maintain these grades. I'm just saying it isn't then next AD's resonsibility to keep our grades high! He has enough to do just getting BH football back to where it needs to be.
[/quote]

So, are you saying that as long as BH is 10-0, you have no problem if the student-athlete's are not taking care of business in the classroom?

Trust me. I do not need the AD/HC to motivate my son (who just happens to be on the Academic All-district team) to get his education. It is, however, vital that the AD/HC is "in my corner" when it comes to expectations about grades, etc...
[/quote]

Come on! NO i'm not saying 10-0 is better than an education I'm just saying it's not the AD's responisibility. Don't put word in my mouth of what I think.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="728042" timestamp="1260543873"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg727616#msg727616 date=1260472698]
[/quote]

I don't think the AD is making the kids smart! The Parents and Teacher may have something to do with this ::)
[/quote]

No he is not "making the kids smart". He did provide them with an environment that was conducive to mainting a high level of education.
[/quote]

True, but these kids are maintaining their grade levels because of the Parents and Teachers not the AD's. The AD's giving the kids the opprotunity to study more does make it easier for them to maintain these grades. I'm just saying it isn't then next AD's resonsibility to keep our grades high! He has enough to do just getting BH football back to where it needs to be.
[/quote]

So, are you saying that as long as BH is 10-0, you have no problem if the student-athlete's are not taking care of business in the classroom?

Trust me. I do not need the AD/HC to motivate my son (who just happens to be on the Academic All-district team) to get his education. It is, however, vital that the AD/HC is "in my corner" when it comes to expectations about grades, etc...
[/quote]

Come on! NO i'm not saying 10-0 is better than an education I'm just saying it's not the AD's responisibility. Don't put word in my mouth of what I think.
[/quote]

It was a question, hence the question mark.

[quote name="bayouboy" post="727863" timestamp="1260502298"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Back from where?  9 years of 90+ wins.  You have the guy that was responsible for setting the standard of excellence in the football program and all others as well.  There is something definately strange about all this.  What is the truth?
[/quote]

How many of those 90+ wins were against quality opponents? Playoff wins? You can take those 10-0 seasons against one of the weakest 3A districts in Texas and file them! In the end they ended up as a loss to the first team that had a coach! I'm glad we could beat Tarkington 65-0 I mean that was really outstanding. Don't look at the record look at the quality of the teams that we played to achieve the record! I've said it once and I'll say it again BH was not born with the arrival of Price and it will not die with his departure. Price turned this program around and made it good now it's time to make it great! I'm not talking State Championships here I'm just can't wait till the day the BH beats a team that they are an underdog too due to coaching!!! I 've sat in the stands an watched us get beat by teams in the playoffs during those mammoth 10-0 seasons by pure coaching Kirbyville, Sweeny, Rice Consolidated to name a few! For the Sweeny game BH was picked to win by 17 and lost by that much or more! For those that are reading the articles to base their opinion and have not attended the games for the last 10 years you don't have a leg to stand on!  I'll back away and let the wise ones talk about how stupid i am and that the Board is out to get everyone and 10-0 this and 90 wins that! At the end of the day it was time for a change and someone, somehow had the foresite to understand that BH football has peaked with the current AD!

I'm going to try not to respond, but I will read so tell me how ingnorant I am ;D

BHFan is pretty much right on the money.....By the way my son was on the All District Academic team...and would have been there with or without Price..That's not a slam on Price, just the facts.. Also I wish Coach Price the best of luck! The Parents at BH turn out for everything, sports or academics. Good teachers and two parents in the home that have the best interest of the child at heart almost always spell success, not necessarily who the Head Coach or AD is...  By the way the Baytown Sun quoted Price as saying We don't practice on Thursday's so the kids can visit their teachers, well that's not exactly the case.. Thursdays are sub varsity games and the coaches are obviously at the games, and also the UIL limits schools to a certain amount of hours the kids can practice... A Thursday practice would exceed that limit....Would have been nice to see The Baytown Sun list the names of those kids that made the All District Academic team.. 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="728054" timestamp="1260545164"]
[quote author=bayouboy link=topic=62612.msg727863#msg727863 date=1260502298]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Back from where?  9 years of 90+ wins.  You have the guy that was responsible for setting the standard of excellence in the football program and all others as well.  There is something definately strange about all this.  What is the truth?
[/quote]

How many of those 90+ wins were against quality opponents? Playoff wins? You can take those 10-0 seasons against one of the weakest 3A districts in Texas and file them! In the end they ended up as a loss to the first team that had a coach! I'm glad we could beat Tarkington 65-0 I mean that was really outstanding. Don't look at the record look at the quality of the teams that we played to achieve the record! I've said it once and I'll say it again BH was not born with the arrival of Price and it will not die with his departure. Price turned this program around and made it good now it's time to make it great! I'm not talking State Championships here I'm just can't wait till the day the BH beats a team that they are an underdog too due to coaching!!! I 've sat in the stands an watched us get beat by teams in the playoffs during those mammoth 10-0 seasons by pure coaching Kirbyville, Sweeny, Rice Consolidated to name a few! For the Sweeny game BH was picked to win by 17 and lost by that much or more! For those that are reading the articles to base their opinion and have not attended the games for the last 10 years you don't have a leg to stand on!  I'll back away and let the wise ones talk about how stupid i am and that the Board is out to get everyone and 10-0 this and 90 wins that! At the end of the day it was time for a change and someone, somehow had the foresite to understand that BH football has peaked with the current AD!

I'm going to try not to respond, but I will read so tell me how ingnorant I am ;D
[/quote]

:-* :-* :-* Now you know BHFAN your asking someone with limited knowledge to reason with facts.   ;D ;D ;D  

Points in Case:

Kirbyville - We went to a prevent defense with very little time remaining on the clock and allowed them to throw the ball downfield a couple times and set-up for a wining field goal with time running out.  The first half we made no adjustments, the second half we shut them down.

Lamar Consolidated - They ran trick play after trick play and we were never ready for any of them.  Including a fake punt, which everyone was yelling watch for the fake.

Sweeny - We had one of the best defenses BH has had.  We got embarrised by their preperation, planning, and execution.  

I'll add two more.  This year vs. GCM the wind was blowing 20-30 mph and raiing cats and dogs.  Our game plan was to throw the ball....A LOT.

This year vs. Dayton, we shut their running game and long pases down.  What we do?  We set our defensive backs 10-15 yards off the ball and Dayton threw the ball 5-7 yards the rest of the night.  Why you need a running game if your apponent is going to let you do that?  Stewart embarrised our defensive coaching. Late in 2nd half we decided to throw the ball when we got down and as one Dayton poster put it, they felt like they were playing Lake Travis again.  Again, waited to long to make adjustments.  Finally, you have a sophmore Qb playing his first varsity game and we never made any reasonable effort to pass rush him.  First snap I would have sent the house and got him off balance early.  No, we set back and let him getcomfortable and do whathe wanted.  

Can't wait for the change.....ready to see what's on the horizon for the eagles, including District changes and coaching changes.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="728118" timestamp="1260549922"]
BHFan is pretty much right on the money.....By the way my son was on the All District Academic team...and would have been there with or without Price..That's not a slam on Price, just the facts.. Also I wish Coach Price the best of luck! The Parents at BH turn out for everything, sports or academics. Good teachers and two parents in the home that have the best interest of the child at heart almost always spell success, not necessarily who the Head Coach or AD is...   By the way the Baytown Sun quoted Price as saying We don't practice on Thursday's so the kids can visit their teachers, well that's not exactly the case.. Thursdays are sub varsity games and the coaches are obviously at the games, and also the UIL limits schools to a certain amount of hours the kids can practice... A Thursday practice would exceed that limit....Would have been nice to see The Baytown Sun list the names of those kids that made the All District Academic team.. 
[/quote]

They did list the Academic All District teams for all 19-4A schools in Thursdays paper along with the article you make reference to. (page 3-B)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="728123" timestamp="1260550254"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=62612.msg728054#msg728054 date=1260545164]
[quote author=bayouboy link=topic=62612.msg727863#msg727863 date=1260502298]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Back from where?  9 years of 90+ wins.  You have the guy that was responsible for setting the standard of excellence in the football program and all others as well.  There is something definately strange about all this.  What is the truth?
[/quote]

[/quote]

:-* :-* :-* Now you know BHFAN your asking someone with limited knowledge to reason with facts.   ;D ;D ;D  

Points in Case:

Kirbyville - We went to a prevent defense with very little time remaining on the clock and allowed them to throw the ball downfield a couple times and set-up for a wining field goal with time running out.  The first half we made no adjustments, the second half we shut them down.

Lamar Consolidated - They ran trick play after trick play and we were never ready for any of them.  Including a fake punt, which everyone was hollaring watch for the fake.

Sweeny - We had one of the best defenses BH has had this year.  We got embarrised by their preperation, planning, and execution.  

I'll add two more.  This year vs. GCM the wind was blowing 20-30 mph and raiing cats and dogs.  Our game plan was to throw the ball....A LOT.

This year vs. Dayton, we shut their running game and long pases down.  What we do?  We set our defensive backs 10-15 yards off the ball and Dayton threw the ball 5-7 yards the rest of the night.  Why you need a running game if your apponent is going to let you do that?  Stewart embarrised our defensive coaching. Late in 2nd half we decided to throw the ball when we got down and as one Dayton poster put it, they felt like they were playing Lake Travis again.  Again, waited to long to make adjustments.  Finally, you have a sophmore Qb playing his first varsity game and we never made any reasonable effort to pass rush him.  First snap I would have sent the house and got him off balance early.  No, we set back and let him getcomfortable and do whathe wanted.  

Can't wait for the change.....ready to see what's on the horizon for the eagles, including District changes and coaching changes.

[/quote]

It was not raining "cats and dogs" against GCM. It did rain off and on. The Patriot players did not seem to have much trouble catching the ball and holding on to it. BH's problem was not X's and O's, it was Larry's and Joe's. GCM's were better that night.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="728155" timestamp="1260552710"]
GCMPats,Thanks for letting me know that...Congrats to your son by the way......
[/quote]

Same here.

You'll not see any Dayton kids listed as Academic All-District. I asked Dave Rogers if this was an omission, he said none were listed. That does not mean none qualified. I know last year during baseball Coach Rupp did not nominate any of the GCM players for academic all-district honors. He did not think any would qualify. (You have to know Rupp to understand how truly funny that is). I think he will nominate them this year. ;D It may seem petty, but when baseball scholarships cover just so much, every little academic recognition our son can get can only help in the long run.

I think one of the safeties is 3 or 4 in his class.  Smart kid.  Do you think Barbers Hill will look to bring in a big name, not sure who is available, or maybe poach an OC from a nearby school with a good program.  Seems like it would be a pretty tough gig on the hill if the A.D. doesnt have carte blanche.  Too many cooks in the kitchen tend to spoil the stew and make an average football team.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="728176" timestamp="1260554327"]
I think one of the safeties is 3 or 4 in his class.  Smart kid.  Do you think Barbers Hill will look to bring in a big name, not sure who is available, or [b]maybe poach an OC from a nearby school with a good program[/b].  Seems like it would be a pretty tough gig on the hill if the A.D. doesnt have carte blanche.  Too many cooks in the kitchen tend to spoil the stew and make an average football team.
[/quote]

They need to stay the heck away from Dayton.  ;D

We need to shut down 146 and 1409 and keep them away from our staff.  ;D

Honestly, Dayton has some that are extremely capable and that would be fun to watch!

[quote name="dayton" post="728181" timestamp="1260554644"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=62612.msg728176#msg728176 date=1260554327]
I think one of the safeties is 3 or 4 in his class.  Smart kid.  Do you think Barbers Hill will look to bring in a big name, not sure who is available, or [b]maybe poach an OC from a nearby school with a good program[/b].  Seems like it would be a pretty tough gig on the hill if the A.D. doesnt have carte blanche.  Too many cooks in the kitchen tend to spoil the stew and make an average football team.
[/quote]

Honestly, Dayton has some that are extremely capable and that would be fun to watch!
[/quote]

Just saw a BH Vehicle headed up Beltway-8 towards Hwy 90 turning East.  Looked like a bag of money on the back with a card on it saying "Stewart"..........not sure about first name though....... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="728230" timestamp="1260558820"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=62612.msg728181#msg728181 date=1260554644]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=62612.msg728176#msg728176 date=1260554327]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just saw a BH Vehicle headed up Beltway-8 towards Hwy 90 turning East.  Looked like a bag of money on the back with a card on it saying "Stewart"..........not sure about first name though....... ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Considering that Stewart is building a new and very nice house right next to the stadium I doubt he is leaving any time soon.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hughesfan" post="728232" timestamp="1260558914"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=62612.msg728230#msg728230 date=1260558820]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Considering that Stewart is building a new and very nice house right next to the stadium I doubt he is leaving any time soon.
[/quote]

Tell him not to take the wheels off of that thing yet! :D

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="728236" timestamp="1260559297"]
If i were running the show over there, I would target the OC at Friendswood, Brenham, Dayton, or maybe take a shot in the dark at some of the guys with usual state contenders like Lake Travis or Katy.  But from the way this sounds, this isn't going to be a hire based solely on football.
[/quote]

I used to know another poster, on another board, who used the "Dude" monicker. He became famous during the Can Rebellion of '05.

[quote name="hughesfan" post="728232" timestamp="1260558914"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A 20 minute drive home from work does wonders to help unravel from the day....... ;D ;D ;D Look at it this way, at least he won't have far to walk in order to see a few post season games....... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="728284" timestamp="1260564041"]
[quote author=hughesfan link=topic=62612.msg728232#msg728232 date=1260558914]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A 20 minute drive home from work does wonders to help unravel from the day....... ;D ;D ;D Look at it this way, at least he won't have far to walk in order to see a few post season games....... ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Bob Edwards never moved out of Dayton while coaching The Hill...precedent has been set....LOL

You know something is not right when The Administration did not want Coach Price at the Sports Banquet this week.  When Coach and Mrs. Price got to the banquet there was not a place for them at the head table.  They set there anyway.  Administrators also told him that he could not say anything about him leaving.  They also told the other coaches and PLAYERS the same thing.  I am proud of Coach Leonard for saying something anyways.  Then I heard he took a good butt chewing from the administrators.  This is not right.  Coach Price is still the AD till the 31st of this month.  I am so ashamed of Barbers Hill.  It used to be a dream of mine to work at the Hill one day.  Not anymore!  I would be scared that the ring leader of the anti price board members would fire me if I forgot to say hi to him.  When I tell people I am from Barbers Hill, the first thing they tell me is that it is not right what the board did to Coach Price.  The Hill is known for having a corrupt school board all through the state. Good Reputation!!!

I am sure a lot of people already know who I am.  I graduated from the hill in 2007.  And now I go to SFA.  I was very involved with ALL sports from my 7th grade year to my Senior year.  I did everything from play to being a trainer.  And "no" i did not always get to play in the game but I had fun and learned a lot about life that is all that matters.  Coach Price taught me so much about life.  I am very proud that I can say he was my coach.

axe em jacks,
Eric Silva
Fellowship of Christan Athletes President 11th to 12th
Football Player 7th to 12th
Track Runner 7th to 11th
Golf 9th to 12th
Trainer for every sport 7th to 12th
Intern Trainer 1 1/2 years
One Act Play senior year

Good post.  Sounds like the board at BH is totally anal retentive. I wasn't impressed with some of the coaching at BH during the few games that I watched but it sounds like the coach was kind of limited in what he could do.  The field over their is one example, because it was piss poor and the rest of the campus facilities looks like a small college.  If they wanted the coach to succeed they would have ponied up the cash for turf to enhance his program.  I don't think i would want to be the next ex coach at the school if I had to answer to the type of administration most of you guys are describing.

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="728333" timestamp="1260567883"]
Sounds like Coach Stewart could use some extra money to pay for the new house.. BH has nice bank account......and hey we got a new Sonic....I've heard a name or two and their "big"....Sorry no comment.....lol
[/quote]

Yall need to quit dreamin.  Yall are a little too uptight there to be able to handle Coach Stewart's coaching style. 

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="729773" timestamp="1260749688"]
Good post.  Sounds like the board at BH is totally anal retentive. I wasn't impressed with some of the coaching at BH during the few games that I watched but it sounds like the coach was kind of limited in what he could do.  The field over their is one example, because it was piss poor and the rest of the campus facilities looks like a small college.  If they wanted the coach to succeed they would have ponied up the cash for turf to enhance his program.  I don't think i would want to be the next ex coach at the school if I had to answer to the type of administration most of you guys are describing.
[/quote]

Remodeling the stadium was the first thing the board turned down.  It is embarrassing on how BH's football stadium looks.  If they would have remodeled the stadium the school would make a lot of money from play-off games.  Look how many games Galena Park hosts.  But they sure did jump on remodeling the field house.  I think the only play-off games they pick up are little private schools. Goes to show you that ONE of the board members main priority is basketball.  It looks like he does not care about other sports to me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami