which team will be the over all best

Guest happyhour4

I love the ignorant mindless people that get on here and ramble about teams who no one expects to do anything spectacular as if by some miracle posting it on here will make it come true. As much joy and laughter i get out of it, its frankly annoying. Now yes programs in the area such as HJ and HF have up and coming programs dont get me wrong. However, they are in no way close to approaching the status of being a power house or playoff contender such as Lumberton, Nederland, and PNG.

And i usually dont bad mouth specific teams but im going to have to set the record straight and explain to soccer that no one considers PNG the dominating force you apparently think they are. A good team, undoubtedly. But if you are so outstanding why havent you won out your district any one of the last three years?

• 1 month later...
I wouldnt be surprised if HF beat Lumberton. I have watched Lumberton recently and this year is certainly a rebuild year, the Raiders will struggle this year if they cant get their act together and have numerous players step up. I will watch Lumberton with pride but i will be thoroughly surprised if they do well this year.

There are no POWERHOUSES in the golden triangle (as per the rest of the state) but if you had to pick one program from our area it would absolutely be Nederland, hands down. They may not be the best every year, but always at the top, and speaking w/ other folks around the state, NHS is the only area team that comes up in any soccer conversations (though PNG, LCM, Lumberton have earned respect as well). f you could pick 1 team from our area in each sport that is the POWERHOUSE, would you pick Lumberton in football? NO! 2 years in the playoffs dont make you a POWERHOUSE, it would go to WOS, with WB a close second. Do you pick NHS as a POWERHOUSE in basketball after 1 year in the playoffs? NO! Ozen, hands down has the most state wide respect (HJ, Koutze earned there praise too). Sorry to ramble, but I see such inane comments from people that "know" soccer because they played it in 3rd grade, I cant help myself.

[quote name="katdaddy" post="740117" timestamp="1262907573"]
There are no POWERHOUSES in the golden triangle (as per the rest of the state) but if you had to pick one program from our area it would absolutely be Nederland, hands down. They may not be the best every year, but always at the top, and speaking w/ other folks around the state, NHS is the only area team that comes up in any soccer conversations (though PNG, LCM, Lumberton have earned respect as well). f you could pick 1 team from our area in each sport that is the POWERHOUSE, would you pick Lumberton in football? NO! 2 years in the playoffs dont make you a POWERHOUSE, it would go to WOS, with WB a close second. Do you pick NHS as a POWERHOUSE in basketball after 1 year in the playoffs? NO! Ozen, hands down has the most state wide respect (HJ, Koutze earned there praise too). Sorry to ramble, but I see such inane comments from people that "know" soccer because they played it in 3rd grade, I cant help myself.
[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="744881" timestamp="1263665379"]
[quote author=Baxter Burgundy link=topic=62567.msg740156#msg740156 date=1262911635]
[quote author=sitsinstands link=topic=62567.msg739985#msg739985 date=1262894635]
i heard hf beat lumberton this morning in the png tourny if this is true then hf might not be a push over team this year
[/quote]

yes they did. they beat them 2-1 (lumberton scored in the last 30 seconds of the match)
and HF also beat silsbee today 5-0.
[b]they're coming hard this year. no doubt.[/b]
[/quote]

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
[/quote]

Alright seriously? Like I've seen more intelligent sentences formed by a toddler...

Anyways, I'd say as far as 4a Guys goes as a whole for the area:

1: Nederland
2: PNG,Lumberton, Lcm
5: HF
6: Vidor, Ozen
8: Livingston
9: HJ
10: Silsbee

Ps. Amen to Katdaddy

• 3 weeks later...
Having seen both PNG and Nederland girls, I agree with her, they SHOULD beat Nederland, TWICE, but then again, with MidCounty Madness and all that, it COULD go either way.  That's why we play the game ;-)

• 1 month later...
No smack...just an observation based on history...this is the first time PNG has beaten Ned twice in regular district play...ever. Last year was a tie- break because they split the regular district games.
Congratulations to PNG and good luck in the playoffs. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder