No Pass No Play-Playing JV

Guest Kelly Football

Guest Kelly Football

No pass No Play - Playing JV

Is it ok for a varsity football player that has failed, to play JV on Thursday night, because of the fact that they don't become ineligible until Friday. I have two thoughts, just wondering about others. One; if it is legal, do you want the kid to play to stay in game shape for when they become eligible. Two; is it right for a kid that failed to play in front of a JV kid that didn't and has been starting for 4 weeks?

what if its a senior and he wont be able to play any more games for the rest of his life. Dont respond and tell me how hard the jv player has worked plz.

well if it meant that much to that Senior he should have thought about that.

Plus he will be out of school next year and in the "real world".so that teaches him that life has consequences when you fail to work hard and pass his classes.

I would play him but thats just me...

Why would you paly him? He let the coach and his team mates down by not keeping his grades up, like everyone else. Not only that, but isn't JV to groom athletes into being varstiy players. There would be no reason to play someone on Thursday on JV if there would not be the chance of them playing varsity that year.

if you read me first post in this thread it explains why i would play him...

I read it. I just would not even think about it. If it meant that much to him then he would have made the grades to play. To me it comes down to running a quality program and teaching these young men more than just football. There are consequences to every action or lack there of.

Why would you paly him? He let the coach and his team mates down by not keeping his grades up' date=' like everyone else. Not only that, but isn't JV to groom athletes into being varstiy players. There would be no reason to play someone on Thursday on JV if there would not be the chance of them playing varsity that year.[/quote']

He may have let the team down. Maybe it is someone that has struggled with grades since he has been in the 1st grade.

Does it really matter? You say that he let the team down so he should not play. Would you then let him come back to varsity after three weeks? Since he has let down the team, why not just kick him off the rest of the year?

If you are not going to kick him off the rest of the year, do you let him get some legal practice in with the JV so that he will be in some kind of shape when he gets back to the team? After all, he is part of a team and when he comes back, he will help the team. Do you then punish the team by losing a starter even longer because he is not in game shape?

I don't see a problem with the player practicing and getting some reps with the JV. Maybe you would not start him and take the place of a JV player but why not let him get in some kind of game experience in relief? I believe that is a pretty big punishment to put a Varsity senior and starter on the JV. What a hit to the ego that must be. Why hurt the rest of the varsity in order to punish the player? In fact, if the state did not have no pass-no play, I doubt that passing scores would even be an issue and we would not be talking about a player being banned from games.

The way I read this topic...it was about allowing someone that was on Varsity who failed, to play the Thursday before grades come out, with the JV. I don't have a problem with them being allowed to practice with the JV or run scout team etc, as long as he is making an honest attempt in his classes.

Personally, my child it would not be an option. They would be at home studying.

JV guys can play tonight and then set out 3 weeks. Varisty starts their 3 weeks this week. I believe if they play on JV tonight it will cause them to miss 4 varsity games instead of 3. To put them on JV because of no pass no play and then back on varisty at the end of the varsity no pass no play is pushing the limits. I don't know what the exact ruling is, but I bet it has been addressed. Maybe a coach can fill us in.

JV guys can play tonight and then set out 3 weeks. Varisty starts their 3 weeks this week. I believe if they play on JV tonight it will cause them to miss 4 varsity games instead of 3. To put them on JV because of no pass no play and then back on varisty at the end of the varsity no pass no play is pushing the limits. I don't know what the exact ruling is' date=' but I bet it has been addressed. Maybe a coach can fill us in.[/quote']

It is legal to play a varsity player that will be failling when grades come out tomorrow, tonight with the jv and then if the are passing in three weeks be able to play the day that progress reports come out.

I have no idea what the ruling is but IF a guy can stay on JV during his suspension, I don't see a problem with it. If npnp affects all levels of activities and the player can only get in a single JV game because it is in before a Friday deadly, then no, he shouldn't play IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder