No Pass No Play-Playing JV

Guest Kelly Football

I wouldnt play him...I guess I am a firm believer of grades come first. If your going to take the time to go thru 2 a days and fight to become a starter they its also your responsibility to keep your grades up ...its been that way since I can remember

Grades should come first. An overwhelming majority of high school football players will have put on their pads the last time when their senior season is over. You had better have something else planned for life after graduation other than remembering a few games in high school.

On the other hand, if there was no law regarding No Pass No Play, would you still have them not play? If passing is that important (and I am not saying that it isn't), then why wait for week 6? Why not have the head coach check every week. If a player's grades are passing, then they don't play that week's game. If Texas ended NPNP this year, would anyone then have the coach institute a voluntary version of it locally? How well would that go over?

It seems kind of hypocritical to say that grades are the only factor but then only at the 6 week level set by law. Either they are or they aren't and if they are, why wait for the state to mandate a student sit down?

I was wondering about this same topic a little while ago. HF played WOS JV tonight and supposedly a few WOS varsity players that had failed were put on JV for the night. The WOS players dominated and help beat our JV badly. I was told they played mostly in the first half but the QB would hit the outside and was uncatchable! I wasn't there but the person who told me has no reason to lie. He was not participating but was a HF varsity player supporting the JV. Its probably legal to do but that doesn't make it right. If they were already on the JV that would be a different story. HF may have lost the game without their assistance. HF JV would probably not feel like they were cheated. No one will every know if HF JV could have won the game!

Ok....here are my thoughts on the issue. We are in school primarily to get an education, regardless of what some people think. I know for a fact that points are give to athletes so they can be eligible to play. The teachers and the coaches are not doing these kids any favors by giving them points. When and IF they make it to college they will not survive. If the coaches are so worried about a players grades, they should make sure the player is taking the extra time needed to pass the class without any under the table help from the pressured teachers. No...these kids should not be able to play on JV. Obviously rather than being at football practice until 730 at night they should be home studying.

Obviously rather than being at football practice until 730 at night they should be home studying.

That's exactly what Ross Perot thought when he forced HB72 down our throats in 1984. However, the kids did NOT stay at home and study. Many of them went home to empty, unsupervised homes due to their parents work schedule. The did NOT spend that time studying. They found other avenues to kill their time. There were no MAJOR gang problems in this state until after the passage of HB72 and its 6 week suspension of a kid from practice and competition. Thank God that Ann Richards had enough sense to see the idiocy in this and changed the period to 3 weeks and allowed the kids to continue to practice. The damage had already been done, though, and we nearly lost a generation of kids due to pie in the sky elitists who did not understand how things worked in the real world.

So now its the coaches responsiblity to take care of kids who have no parents at home?????? Please......Extra Curricular activities are a privilige not a right. They are earned by keeping your grades up. That is probably why our countrys education level has dropped so far behind the rest of the world. Our priorities our out of order. These same kids will become nfl and still get arrested for drugs and other crimes. HMMMMM

So now its the coaches responsiblity to take care of kids who have no parents at home?????? Please......Extra Curricular activities are a privilige not a right. They are earned by keeping your grades up. That is probably why our countrys education level has dropped so far behind the rest of the world. Our priorities our out of order. These same kids will become nfl and still get arrested for drugs and other crimes. HMMMMM

Our education is behind the rest of the world because EVERYONE in our nation has a right to be educated. This is not the case around the world. And yes, athletics provided a place for those kids to go where there was supervision and structure in their lives. When that was taken away from them, they found it elsewhere.

.................I know for a fact that points are give to athletes so they can be eligible to play. The teachers and the coaches are not doing these kids any favors by......

It would be foolish to think that a no school ever gives a passing grade to certain players however it certainly is not a blanket statement. I read where Nederland lost a starter to grades and I think Ozen lost 3. Where were their points?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics