When will BH get Turf?

After watching our BH boys play on another fine turf field, when will BH's athletes get to compete on their home turf field? I say it's time to get it done. The district continues to grow and the longer the BH decision makers "dither" as a certain VP would say, the field conditions will continue to erode every year.

[size=18pt][b][color=blue]Get it Done for our Eagles! BH athletes deserve to compete on a level playing field.[/color][/b][/size]

[quote name="Stranger" post="707572" timestamp="1258220892"]
I will tell you why.  Once turf happens, that is when the soccer crap starts.
[/quote]

What's wrong with soccer? Why shouldn't the student athletes have a choice of what sport they would like to play? BH needs turf and if that brings soccer then so be it. I'm sure the soccer parents pay taxes also.

They need a real 4A visitors section first.
Hopefully if they do get turf, they will expand the visitor section at the same time.

Of course for all BH fans, if they want to know what a real 4A football facility looks like, along with real 4A football program (one of the best in Region III), they just have a little drive north on HWY 146 (about 10 miles from the county line) to see it.  ;D

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="711319" timestamp="1258548600"]
Hopefully if they do get turf, they will expand the visitor section at the same time.

Of course for all BH fans, if they want to know what a real 4A football facility looks like, along with real 4A football program (one of the best in Region III), they just have a little drive north on HWY 146 (about 10 miles from the county line) to see it.  ;D
[/quote]

Nah, that won't work because a REAL FACILITY would have parking. Haha just kidding Purple. I really hope we will upgrade someday on both the visitor side and the turf. Believe it or not THE SCHOOL BOARD just does not think it is a priorty and we continue to re-elete the same ones so I guess we are in the minority. Oh well.

[quote name="MHS32" post="711323" timestamp="1258548901"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62380.msg711319#msg711319 date=1258548600]

[/quote]

Nah, that won't work because a REAL FACILITY would have parking. Haha just kidding Purple. I really hope we will upgrade someday on both the visitor side and the turf. Believe it or not THE SCHOOL BOARD just does not think it is a priorty and we continue to re-elete the same ones so I guess we are in the minority. Oh well.
[/quote]
Just from my experience...
There were several times in Dayton that they had to cancel JV and Junior High games because the field was so wet and it would rip up the turf for varsity.
The field Dayton has now, is really nice, and from playing like in almost every stadium in the area over the last few years, no field around here has better lighting than Bronco Stadium.
Regarding parking, I like neighborhood parking better, you don't have to wait 20 minutes after a game to get out of a parking lot, you might have to walk a ways, but at least after the game you get to your car and you can leave.

[quote name="MHS32" post="711323" timestamp="1258548901"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62380.msg711319#msg711319 date=1258548600]

[/quote]

[/quote]BH should get going with stadium improvements---frankly for a school of their caliber and history the facilities are less than desired. I have to believe that they are working on it.

Guest GCMPats
Barbers Hill will have turf within the next two years.

Their district had a ton of hurricane damage that took priority. BHISD is first class and has very nice facilities (with the exception of the football playing surface). It will be up to par in due time.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Stranger" post="707572" timestamp="1258220892"]
I will tell you why.  Once turf happens, that is when the soccer crap starts.
[/quote]

Some soccer kid might have saved the Hill from that 1 point loss to PNG.
;)

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="711319" timestamp="1258548600"]

[/quote] The only reason Dayton has such a nice field and stands is thanks to CMC railyard and all the taxes paid by them. So if not for them Dayton would still be on the old crappy field. So don't brag too much

[quote name="Gator25" post="711550" timestamp="1258570614"]

[/quote] The only reason Dayton has such a nice field and stands is thanks to CMC railyard and all the taxes paid by them. So if not for them Dayton would still be on the old crappy field. So don't brag too much
[/quote]
If that is your reasoning....
The facility and the storage in the salt dome at Barbers Hill generates far more tax money of Barbers Hill than the railyard does for Dayton.  Dayton's football facility far exceeds what is at Barbers Hill (I would give the edge to Barbers Hill on the field house and parking, but the field, stadium, and lighting at Dayton are way better).

[/quote]

Not hardly....BH has plenty of corporate tax dollars. You may need to do a little more research.  ;)

[quote name="fido" post="711577" timestamp="1258573333"]
I'm sure it will be approved now. The powers were waiting for Coach Price to leave. He was told no to turf several times.  ;)
[/quote] 

You are exactly right, and those same people are the ones who put into play the events that caused the other thread about BH today.

[/quote]The reason Dayton has a nice facility is because we have a first class football program and the public appreciates it---Bh has the ability to do the same----SO DO IT

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="711564" timestamp="1258572328"]
[quote author=Gator25 link=topic=62380.msg711550#msg711550 date=1258570614]

[/quote]
If that is your reasoning....
The facility and the storage in the salt dome at Barbers Hill generates far more tax money of Barbers Hill than the railyard does for Dayton.  Dayton's football facility far exceeds what is at Barbers Hill (I would give the edge to Barbers Hill on the field house and parking, but the field, stadium, and lighting at Dayton are way better).
[/quote] I'm not saying BH doesn't have the money. As far as that goes they should have been one of the first in the area to have an upgraded field. What I did say was don't brag to loud because if something happens to the railyard its back to the dark ages for Dayton and any needed improvments.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86