Central vs. Goose Creek/Central wins 7-0/Comments

KFDM COOP

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="ndn78" post="707235" timestamp="1258181024"]
Way to go Jags! Go NDN's! Somebody get me an autograph from #44, my 401k needs help and I know that boy's going to the big show!
[/quote]

No doubt! One of the top defensive players we've seen all year.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatsoff to GCM... Best tackiing team that we have seen.  Those kids don't hit you hard but they make every tackle!!!

Tonight #44 looked like Demarcus Ware. My God he looked crazy.  He was so fast out there that he was defending the run, pass blitzing and coverig the slot!! Can you believe a BIG linebacker/ Defensive covered the slot in High school?  Central could have scored big points i it wasn't for the dopped passes.  Most were due to lack of concentration.  They did not watch the ball into their hands before they took off!!! Three potential wide open possible touchdown passes by my count!  Our D was too good for this team to really break one, but those GCM kids play with alot of heart!!!

Once again... Loved the tackling GCM!

The Jaguars played an average game tonight. They struggled offensively on several drives. The receivers were dropping passes that should've been caught. As we continue to move forward in the playoffs, small items like this will be an achilles heel for the Jags. We have to learn to put together a balanced attack on offense on a consistent basis. The offense fizzles out more than they should with the type of talent that is displayed on the field. If we can ever get the chemistry right on offense, I don't see the Jags stopping until after they win a state 4-A title. The brightest spot is by far the Jags' defense. The defense has kept the Jags' from crashing many times this season, so kudo's to the defense. It is long overdue for our offense to shine like they should!!!!              CONTINUE TO STATE JAGS

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="707254" timestamp="1258181901"]
I saw something promising on the sidelines.  I saw a player that was hurt now in uniform.  He didn't get in though.  I think if he is well and play next week, Jags' offense will be back to their old self...  ;)
[/quote]  He told me he is out for the season, Coaches not taking a chance on letting him play. But you are right ,if he was in the game, he would have made an difference in Offense.

1st off Hats off to the Pats,They looked passed all the predictions and came out their and held a good central team to only 7pts..Just goes to show you,you can never look pass any game now, specialy in the playoffs
Good Job last night though with our D holden a team to 0 for the 2nd straight year entering the 2nd round...If our offense gets it going and our defense countiunes to play lights out, i dont see us loseing anymore,but the offense has to get it going.But i think we will have to keep trying to throw the ball.If im a coach and i see this game and im playing the jags im putting 7 in the box also and make them pass it on me..Were gonna have to pass the ball and make catches..Any way good job Jags lets make it happen next week and the weeks to come./

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="707194" timestamp="1258179341"]
This was the GREATEST defensive game by the Jags and it showed on the scorboard with our first shutout of the year.  Seems familiar (hint...  Last year, first round).  #44 was called all night.  He made a lot of tackles.  About 15 that I'm counting and we was even seen covering receivers in the secondary.  If we could have gotten our hands on a few of those passes, there was paydirt all on them.  I have no problem with the defense.

Now, the offense.  I can actually side with the coach on this.  We started off running.  We couldn't run up the middle.  We couldn't run the the outside.  There were several 3 and outs...  Much credit to the Goose Creek Defense.  All our fans were yelling 'pass the ball'.  Ok, when the coach went to passing in the second half, we had players dropping OPEN passes.  Are you kidding me?  Open?  I see why our coaches run thos same running plays.  They must know that our receivers have problems catching the passes.  I guess our receivers need to take those gloves off.  Ok, you want to say that the QB was over throwing recievers?  He was hitting either hands or numbers in the second half.  No excuses.  We are lucky that our defense brought their lunch, or we could have had a bad loss.  I expect better offensive performances.  Receivers catching open passes and coaches recognizing the other team creeping 8 or 9 players in the box to stop oru running game. 

I also think that our blocking on punts can be better.  There were several times tonight were it almost got blocked, which could have been disasterous. 

Offense - D

Defense - A+

Special teams - A+

Game ball, #44 Jacoby Hale  Several tackles and a few sacks and pass breakups. 
[/quote]

[move][size=16pt][color=maroon]Way to go JAGS!!! [/color] [/size]    [/move] 

CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN!

I was at the game last night. I want congradulate Goose Creek Memorial on a great season. WOW! ya'll played a great game defensively, GCM coachs really had the team ready. I was really impressed with the amount of talent GCM has. It's lokks like GCM is only gonna get better over the coming years.The Jaguars defense really played great (looked like they got ever better in the 4th qr). Central offense look like they were flat. Sometimes on offense you can't always overpower team you got change it up. I really think if the offense gets everyone invovled central will be ok.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder