My son quit football last year...

I see nothing wrong with it if thats what he really really wants to do.BUT I think I would have to go over the reasons why he quit the first time.Are they going to present themselves again?AND is it going to bother him if he has to play JV being a Junior?<--------and the only reason I say that is because you made mention of it.Thats just my opinion.... :)

[quote name="octfeb" post="704208" timestamp="1257958835"]
I see nothing wrong with it if thats what he really really wants to do.BUT I think I would have to go over the reasons why he quit the first time.Are they going to present themselves again?AND is it going to bother him if he has to play JV being a Junior?<--------and the only reason I say that is because you made mention of it.Thats just my opinion.... :)
[/quote]
And if he can come to terms and deal with those reasons so they don't arise again, by all means. IMO the greatest game ever invented. Be sure he understands that to be able to play the game well, he has to be dedicated to the game. One sport where heart and dedication can achieve a lot, not just talent.

[size=12pt]Support him in anything he wants to do... just tell him if you start it... you finish it.... I support all my kids in all that they do, but we h ave a standing rule... if you start it you finish it... you may never do it again but your going to finish what you start.  don't let him get into a habit of quitting before the job is done.... Just my opinion[/size]

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="704226" timestamp="1257959541"]
[size=12pt]Support him in anything he wants to do... just tell him if you start it... you finish it.... I support all my kids in all that they do, but we h ave a standing rule... if you start it you finish it... you may never do it again but your going to finish what you start.  don't let him get into a habit of quitting before the job is done.... Just my opinion[/size]
[/quote]Oh that was well said.That is a standing rule in our house too.You start it you finish it.

He finished the season last year he didnt wanna play again because at our schoool you cant go from football to baseball you are in football all year and baseball only after school so he took a year off to pursue his goal in baseball... but he stiil wants to play baseball in college but would like to play football also

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="longhorn1951" post="704240" timestamp="1257960448"]
He finished the season last year he didnt wanna play again because at our schoool you cant go from football to baseball you are in football all year and baseball only after school so he took a year off to pursue his goal in baseball... but he stiil wants to play baseball in college but would like to play football also
[/quote]

What school is this?

[/quote]Well I would say If his heart is in baseball and chances are hes not going to be able to play baseball because of football.IMO I would wonder if hes really 100% interested in football.Or is he just wanting to be a part of his high school football team.My question to him would be what do you want to do more?Its all bout the heart.

[/quote]

First thing I would do is yank him out of that school for not letting a kid play both.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life...

Some ADs need to have their heads examined.  :-\

What school is this?

Guest GCMPats
[/quote]

Was he on the Varsity roster in baseball?

[quote name="Roughrider" post="704272" timestamp="1257962499"]
[quote author=longhorn1951 link=topic=62230.msg704240#msg704240 date=1257960448]
[/quote]

First thing I would do is yank him out of that school for not letting a kid play both.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life...

Some ADs need to have their heads examined.  :-\

What school is this?
[/quote]

I don't think he was saying that AD wouldn't let the kid play baseball.  Some schools do not have a baseball class.  This would mean that you stay in football offseason all year long, during the school day, and practice your other sports after school.

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="704226" timestamp="1257959541"]
[/quote]      I agree with the coach 100%

Some of the best college baseball coaches on the planet would tell your son to get in the football program if they want to play baseball at the college level.  A couple of years ago, Graham from Rice had a special done on his penchant for recruiting football/baseball players... he said he liked the toughness they brought to the diamond.  Now I don't think you have to play football to be tough, but the bottom line is a kid who has the stuff to play football is somebody who a lot of college coaches put their faith in due to the football experience.

[quote name="Penny" post="704704" timestamp="1257997348"]
Some of the best college baseball coaches on the planet would tell your son to get in the football program if they want to play baseball at the college level.  A couple of years ago, Graham from Rice had a special done on his penchant for recruiting football/baseball players... he said he liked the toughness they brought to the diamond.  Now I don't think you have to play football to be tough, but the bottom line is a kid who has the stuff to play football is somebody who a lot of college coaches put their faith in due to the football experience.
[/quote]

I have heard that more than once. Football offseason is great for any sport. I bet $100 that any kid that just plays baseball is not in the weight room and doing agility stuff on their own.

If you think about, who cares if you ever step on the football field if your favorite sport is not football. Use that a way to stay in shape.

i do not agree with the other posters about forcing him to go back to football, i believe that he should be able to play whatever he wants, and it seems that he quit after the football season was over so i see no problem with that. but i do agree with coach when he says to finish what you start, it is a habit that everyone can apply to their lives.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin