DAYTON -V- VIDOR POLL

Guest octfeb

Who wins the game?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Dayton
    • Vidor

Without all the posts the Broncos have plenty of motivation to put a real good whuppin on the Pirates.At a practice when asked about the defense Coach Stewart laughed and grinned and said QUOTE;This is the 1st time we have had a defensive front 3 that takes 5 offensive lineman to block;He smiled and said I believe somebody's gonna make a big play.Success followed him before Dayton 14 yrs.ago.Led a Clear Lake team to their 1st dist.title-Took 4A Cleburne,Tx. to the title game + many playoff's.In the past 3 yrs.we've had 2 qb's out w/injuries and he locates a part to build a great machine.For a town outside the media coverage area of Beaumont/Houston area Stewart has continued to have his team remembered come poll time.To lose the likes of 9 players(Signed + invited walk-ons)from the 08 squad and be back in the hunt again put's the Broncos a team not to be taken lightly.Vidor will have to get some big breaks and play a near perfect game to stay in this one.Pre-season poll DCTF had Dayton in the semi-finals-Now they have Angleton just ahead of them.Vote 2 or 3 times guys it's all in fun.

[quote name="rollinac" post="704753" timestamp="1258002616"]
[quote author=Pirates73 link=topic=62221.msg704709#msg704709 date=1257997564]
You can actually think in Dayton.  Man that is coming a long way since I played you in the early 70's.
[/quote]

Wow, you were able to deduce from a football game in the early 70's that Dayton was unable to think???  What sense does this make?  I mean seriously, was this meant as a blow to Dayton?  Did you think about this before writing it???  Did your obviously faster moving brain say "you know what self, this will show everyone my great intelligence and wit?"  Look I understand you may still be living in the early 70's when trash talking was not yet an art form and half the people on this board were yet to be born, but did you add anything to the discussion about who would win saturday or why Vidor was a better team than Dayton or even anything to the back and forth smack talk that's been going on all week?  The answer is no, no, and no...makes me want to move this to a thread similar to the Sunday Night Football's "C'mon Man" section.

PS - My grandpa called and said Dayton was full of themselves in the '40's as well and we started thinking when the city council passed the "yes you may now think" bill in the mid 80's.  Thank god we had a good mayor then....
[/quote]

I am just laughing at the idea of Vidor and the use of the word "think'! I mean I don't believe it would be that appropriate for me to mention some of those short falls, plus I think it really goes without saying. So now with that this is about a football game on a field in a stadium this Saturday night.

Being from Liberty and playing Dayton, Hey you guys have a lot of things to hide and should refrain from throwing stones.  The people with the signs are all gone and Vidor is a new town, much different from the town in the past.  I guess you like to throw stones to keep things going.  Man what a bunch!

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="705326" timestamp="1258069452"]
You can actually think in Dayton.  Man that is coming a long way since I played you in the early 70's.
[/quote]

Were you guys thinkin when you had that friendly little sign on either end of town for years.
[/quote]And how long ago was that? I am 41 and never remember seeing it.When you use the phrase you guys you are grouping everyone in this city.Thats very ignorant on your part.I am all for a little trash talking but you crossed the line.JMO

psst last time I check this was a forum for high school football.NOT a forum for personal attacks.
  Vidor just mad cause DAYTON wins the popularity contest PLUS the game....

[color=purple][b][size=12pt]GO BRONCOS
                                         ALWAYS BELIEVE[/size][/b][/color]

[quote name="octfeb" post="705443" timestamp="1258075939"]
psst last time I check this was a forum for high school football.NOT a forum for personal attacks.

[/quote]

no ... they're mad cause some knucklehead for dayton made a reference to their past. He was out of line and hopefully it will get deleted.

[quote name="pirate68" post="705381" timestamp="1258072511"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=62221.msg705326#msg705326 date=1258069452]
You can actually think in Dayton.  Man that is coming a long way since I played you in the early 70's.
[/quote]

Were you guys thinkin when you had that friendly little sign on either end of town for years.
[/quote]And how long ago was that? I am 41 and never remember seeing it.When you use the phrase you guys you are grouping everyone in this city.That's very ignorant on your part.I am all for a little trash talking but you crossed the line.JMO
[/quote]
I agree....that's over the line Frazier. Not even remotely close to good natured trash talking. Vidor fans, please don't group that idiot with the rest of the Bronco supporters.

Following the Broncos and this board the last couple of years during the playoffs, I have noticed that every town seems to have one. Livingston, Tivy (he was the worst), SS (they had a couple). I guess DownwithFrazier is ours.

[quote name="dayton" post="705446" timestamp="1258076125"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=62221.msg705443#msg705443 date=1258075939]

[/quote]

no ... they're mad cause some knucklehead for dayton made a reference to their past. He was out of line and hopefully it will get deleted.
[/quote]  Oh ok my bad guess I was confused...SORRY...yeah no need for making things personal but umm vidor still gonna lose    ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="705449" timestamp="1258076185"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=62221.msg705381#msg705381 date=1258072511]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=62221.msg705326#msg705326 date=1258069452]
[/quote]

[/quote]And how long ago was that? I am 41 and never remember seeing it.When you use the phrase you guys you are grouping everyone in this city.That's very ignorant on your part.I am all for a little trash talking but you crossed the line.JMO
[/quote]
I agree....that's over the line Frazier. Not even remotely close to good natured trash talking. Vidor fans, please don't group that idiot with the rest of the Bronco supporters.

Following the Broncos and this board the last couple of years during the playoffs, I have noticed that every town seems to have one. Livingston, Tivy (he was the worst), SS (they had a couple). I guess DownwithFrazier is ours.
[/quote]  Yeah I remember the one from Kerrville  pfft he was just down right mean. 

[quote name="octfeb" post="705463" timestamp="1258076843"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=62221.msg705449#msg705449 date=1258076185]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=62221.msg705381#msg705381 date=1258072511]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]  Yeah I remember the one from Kerrville  pfft he was just down right mean. 
[/quote]

yeah... he was a jerk. I love that Cody and AJ are proving him wrong every time they step on the field. ;D ;D

VIDOR PIRATE Im 20 and im from vidor and i know what signs hes talking about. Lets just say we USED to have a bad reputation for some things but a lot of people bont undersatnd vidor has came a long way. And that craps in the past but vidors not all bad i personally appreciate you bronco fans for understanding that.

I am from Vidor also and know what he is talking about from older men who told me about it.  But I can tell you our town is not that way and have not been that way in many many years.  Those old men are dead or too old to remember themselves.  Your right every town or community has one or a little few who ruin it for others.  Good luck to both teams, stay healthy and may the Pirates win the battle on the field Satuday night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder