*Memorial vs. Lee/Memorial wins 45-14/Comments

Tonight was Lee's season in a nutshell.  
I have to laugh so as not to cry.

PAM didn't look like they belonged on the same field with Lee in the first half.  PAM got a touchdown with about 15 seconds left in the half that I think really gave them some momentum going into half.

The Golden Triangle officiating crew botched a couple of plays big time.
One was where a PAM receiver had blown by a Lee db and got held very blatantly...no call.
Another was when Lee got a chop block called on them and the referees moved the ball from the line of scrimmage at PAM's 47 to the Lee 37 lol.  Even the pa announcer said that Lee was penalized 16 yards on the play.  At least one of the officials should have been able to do the math.
The biggest blunder came when Lee had the ball at the PAM 30 with a 2nd and 8.  Lee's qb ran down to the 13 and was pushed out of bounds.  The referee called dead ball personal fouls on both teams after the play....and....wait for it.....he moved the ball back to the 30 and gave Lee a 2nd and 8 again lol
I'm not sure if I was more upset with the refs or with Coach Sedberry for not knowing the rules enough to refuse to accept that.
Should have been first and ten Lee at about the PAM 10.  Lee didn't score on that drive, and it would have been at least 17-7, possibly 21-7 at the half if not for the bungled call by the refs.

The refs did not factor in the outcome of the game at all, it's just funny to see the difference between a good officiating crew and a poor one on the high school level.  I don't think they were leaning to one side or the other, they just didn't have a clue as to how to officiate a game.

Back to the game...
Lee dominated the first half, then they came out and turned the ball over 4 times in the second half.
One of those was taken back for a pick six, another interceptions was returned to the 8 yard line.  Another fumble was retruned to the Lee 15.  These turnovers all took place within about an 8 play span for the Lee offense.

The PAM coaching staff finally got their head out in the second half.  In the first half they were running effectively, then they decided to try to pass the ball.  The pass ground their offense to a halt.  They were running quite well.  They started running again in the second half and took control of the game.  

PAM has some good players.  They aren't very well coached, so they are kinda on their own out there I guess you could say.  Whatever they can get done on natural ability is about all you are going to get out of them.  They have some speed at receiver and a big qb with some agility and a strong arm.  They honestly shouldn't be as bad as they looked in the first half.  Lee made them look a lot better in the second half with all those turnovers.

I will be rooting for the Titans in the playoffs whomever they play.
Hopefully Titans fans will do the same for the Ganders.

MAybe...
If Sedberry can get a grasp on who his players are that he needs to get the ball to...
He got the ball to Richardson 6 times in the first half for 90 yards and two td's...then he didn't really get him the ball in the second half....
Richardson is the straw that stirs the drink for the Ganders if their drink is going to be stirred at all.
They don't have anyone else that can do what he can do with the ball in his hands.
They need to throw the ball his way at least 20 times a game...
If they do that, then Lee has a chance, assuming they play turnover free ball, against most teams.
They just have WAYYYY too many turnovers in every single game to really gauge what they could do if they could limit those.
They have to have at least 50 turnovers on the year, which is amazing for 10 games.

Riiiight SFA
Lee dominated the first half and should have been up 21-7 if not for the botched call.
I'm not going to sit here and say that Lee should have won.
PAM didn't look like they should be on the same field as Lee in the first half though.
The true Lee showed up in the second half, turned the ball over 4 times in 7 minutes and PAM poured it on them at that point.
You're probably right...it should have been worse when all was said and done.
PAM should have put up 60 the way things were going in that second half.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder