Barbers Hill Eagles vs. Port Neches Groves Indians...Act 2

BHBadboy

[quote name="Bhplayer011" post="701809" timestamp="1257715572"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=61613.msg701706#msg701706 date=1257705068]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61613.msg701645#msg701645 date=1257700237]
Am I reading that BH was a signature win!!! How can that be knowing BH is horrible and PNG played down to us just so we could get close ;D

All that BH is trying to say is that we heard all of this crap before game one. How big the crowd is and how big the Indians are and How the butt whoopin was going to take place! WELL GUESS WHAT PNG GAME ONE WAS WON BY ONE POINT despite playing at your house in front of your purple fans and 7 BH Turnovers!

Now take a look at what i said and try to understand that we are not impressed with anything except what happens on the field. Has PNG got better yes , but do you think BH has declined from that game? No team in the state is going to be the same team they were in week zero.

Golden Triangle teams try to convince everyone every year of how great they are, but nothing happens :'( They Move Dayton in and then yall had a chance to prove it and BAM Broncos two time champs. they move Livingston in and BAM district champ. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST what was once a great district is now a mediocre one at best.
[/quote]

[size=12pt][color=blue]Exactly how many district championships has BH won in football?[/color][/size]
[/quote]
A lot more than koonze
[/quote]

LOL... exactly where is "koonze"??

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BHFAN" post="701880" timestamp="1257723093"]
Am I reading that BH was a signature win!!! How can that be knowing BH is horrible and PNG played down to us just so we could get close ;D

All that BH is trying to say is that we heard all of this crap before game one. How big the crowd is and how big the Indians are and How the butt whoopin was going to take place! WELL GUESS WHAT PNG GAME ONE WAS WON BY ONE POINT despite playing at your house in front of your purple fans and 7 BH Turnovers!

Now take a look at what i said and try to understand that we are not impressed with anything except what happens on the field. Has PNG got better yes , but do you think BH has declined from that game? No team in the state is going to be the same team they were in week zero.

Golden Triangle teams try to convince everyone every year of how great they are, but nothing happens :'( They Move Dayton in and then yall had a chance to prove it and BAM Broncos two time champs. they move Livingston in and BAM district champ. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST what was once a great district is now a mediocre one at best.
[/quote]

[size=12pt][color=blue]Exactly how many district championships has BH won in football?[/color][/size]
[/quote]

WOW you should do some homework I guess you think BH has not done anything :) If you want to compair history then we can play ;D It's probably close ,but BH Probally has a better winning percentage that PNG for school history! Most are going to say "Well you won all of that in 3A, 2A and 1A" And my answer to that is yes but we were 3A, 2A and 1A ,so that dont float! BH has more tradition and history that most schools the difference is we don't rely on History the time is now and all of that don't mean nothing.
[/quote]

[size=14pt][size=10pt][color=blue][size=12pt]and you are the 4th seed playoff team in your district this year..... correct?[/size][/size][/size]

[quote name="injunfan21" post="701504" timestamp="1257690964"]
Friendswood Fan...Give the Indians the respect they deserve.  We have played the teams that were on our schedule and defeated all 10!  You must remember that!  And if you think our district is weak..then the rest of people on this page will take care of you!  But, I will say this...it is now the playoffs and at this moment you sound like the rest of the critics on PNG this year...they havent played anyone...but we will take one game at a time as we have all year.  Next up Barbers Hill!  Sorry your team is on a down year!
[/quote]

To be honest, I was really asking out of curiosity because you PNG fans asked BH about "signature" wins.  Yes, PNG has won the games they have scheduled, and that's great for them.  Do I think 20-4A is weak?  Yes.  Am I concerned that other poeple will take care of me?  No, they've been trying for a couple of years now.

Now it is playoff time, and your team will have to play teams from other parts of the Region.  Play hard in the game against BH, because Brenham will win the following week regardless of who wins this week.

As for Friendswood having a down season, it's all relative.  For a defending Region III champion, finishing second in the toughest district in Texas might seem a let down, but we are still the top district seed in the D1 playoffs.

[quote name="KHS 89" post="701889" timestamp="1257723509"]
[quote author=Bhplayer011 link=topic=61613.msg701809#msg701809 date=1257715572]

[/quote]

[/quote]
A lot more than koonze
[/quote]

LOL... exactly where is "koonze"??
[/quote]
Koontz is where yall cant win a district championship

This game will be close. No blowouts here on either side.. I remember the same kind of talk before game 1 from PNG, and they were very lucky to squeak out a win. I know, I know, not the same PNG team......but BH plays very good ball control on offense. Turnovers have plaqued BH , primarily in the redzone after long drives, and they'll have to eliminate those, but point is ,if BH can keep the ball out of PNG hands, will be hard for them to run away with this game. They are well coached solid team no doubt, but a blowout, not gonna happen. That's wishful thinking on some fans part that have probably never put on a jockstrap...I assure you,their coaches know better...If PNG comes into this game 'over confident" their season could definitelty be over.....The group from BH who are pretty much health again,won't be laying down for anybody and besides, none of those guys play basketball anyway, so they got plenty of time on their hands.......This game will be decided by a touchdown or less.....4 of 5 losses for BH are a combined total of 15 points. This is not your normal 5-5 team, so IMO ,thats very misleading record..  Every kid on the BH team wants another shot at PNG so it all worked out. Would have been nice to see what kinda season Stork would have had if he hadn't got hurt.. but nice to have him back.....[b]Go Eagles, play hard, and win with class.....[/b]

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="701923" timestamp="1257725806"]
This game will be close. No blowouts here on either side.. I remember the same kind of talk before game 1 from PNG, and they were very lucky to squeak out a win. I know, I know, not the same PNG team......but BH plays very good ball control on offense. Turnovers have plaqued BH , primarily in the redzone after long drives, and they'll have to eliminate those, but point is ,if BH can keep the ball out of PNG hands, will be hard for them to run away with this game. They are well coached solid team no doubt, but a blowout, not gonna happen. That's wishful thinking on some fans part that have probably never put on a jockstrap...I assure you,their coaches know better...If PNG comes into this game 'over confident" their season could definitelty be over.....The group from BH who are pretty much health again,won't be laying down for anybody and besides, none of those guys play basketball anyway, so they got plenty of time on their hands.......This game will be decided by a touchdown or less.....4 of 5 losses for BH are a combined total of 15 points. This is not your normal 5-5 team, so IMO ,thats very misleading record..  Every kid on the BH team wants another shot at PNG so it all worked out. Would have been nice to see what kinda season Stork would have had if he hadn't got hurt.. but nice to have him back.....[b]Go Eagles, play hard, and win with class.....[/b]
[/quote]

take away 1/2 of the turnovers...BH is 9-1, 8-2.
before I get slammed...I understand it is what it is...
Don't take the Hill lightly.
BH 24
PNG 21  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="BHBadboy" post="701984" timestamp="1257729462"]
[quote author=injunfan21 link=topic=61613.msg701961#msg701961 date=1257728190]
Freindswood Friend...this is not soccer...No way does PNG lose to Brenham in the next round...
[/quote]
I agree. You can't lose a game if you don't advance.
[/quote]

No doubt...

Yeah. But why did Barbers Hill have so many turnovers? Because the PNG defense is really good. Why are the BH fans talking so much smack? Your team finished 5-5. The reason game 1 was so close was because PNG had just gotten a brand new coach with a whole new offense. They weren't even used to his type of play calling yet. The no-huddle type stuff. This is a completely different team now. After watching the Central game on the internet, I compare this Central team to the Brazosport team PNG played back in 1999 in the Astrodome. They came in 12-0 and very cocky and the Indians beat them pretty soundly. They were big and fast just like this Jaguar team is. It will be interesting to see just how for Central goes in the playoffs. Give the Indians credit. They beat a really good Central squad.

[quote name="BIG ATT" post="702040" timestamp="1257731647"]
Yeah. But why did Barbers Hill have so many turnovers? Because the PNG defense is really good. Why are the BH fans talking so much smack? Your team finished 5-5. The reason game 1 was so close was because PNG had just gotten a brand new coach with a whole new offense. They weren't even used to his type of play calling yet. The no-huddle type stuff. This is a completely different team now. After watching the Central game on the internet, I compare this Central team to the Brazosport team PNG played back in 1999 in the Astrodome. They came in 12-0 and very cocky and the Indians beat them pretty soundly. They were big and fast just like this Jaguar team is. It will be interesting to see just how for Central goes in the playoffs. Give the Indians credit. They beat a really good Central squad.
[/quote]

Yes, and Central was going to blow out Bh in their last playoff match-up as well.  No blow-outs come Friday.  Gonna be a great game and a long ride home for PNG.  ;D  Good thing is I live less than 2 miles form Stallworth, so won't be too far to drive while cursing Price.

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="702199" timestamp="1257738818"]
You might tell whoevers driving the PNG bus home from Stallworth Friday night, if you guys exit 146 just up the road, theres a McDonalds there that will be serving up your choice of Happy meals or McCrow sandwiches whichever, will get you thru til next year when football starts all over again at the Reservation.
[/quote]

99 how is your son doing? Is he a senior? Good luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline