Barbers Hill Eagles vs. Port Neches Groves Indians...Act 2

BHBadboy

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 24baseball24
[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="695879" timestamp="1257274208"]
Man Babies Hill has no chance. PNG will beat up on them like Michael Vick on a chihuahua.
[/quote]
to bad he didnt beat on chihuahuas. he beated on pit bulls and thats whats BH is going to be. They might be a the Div 4 team but they are going to be Div 1 20-4a team. and all of your indian fans will cry on the way home. 

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="24baseball24" post="695948" timestamp="1257278000"]
[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=61613.msg695879#msg695879 date=1257274208]
Man Babies Hill has no chance. PNG will beat up on them like Michael Vick on a chihuahua.
[/quote]
to bad he didnt beat on chihuahuas. he beated on pit bulls and thats whats BH is going to be. They might be a the Div 4 team but they are going to be Div 1 20-4a team. and all of your indian fans will cry on the way home. 
[/quote]

Ok. I'm lost.

[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=61613.msg695879#msg695879 date=1257274208]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good lord.......Bobby Boucher, is that you?.

As Lawrence Taylor once said......."And that kids is why you don't smoke crack"....

I'm not being a smart a$$ or anything, I'm just wondering if BH has a chance in this game or are the fans just excited to make the playoffs.  I know that the "anything can happen in the playoffs" comments are probably coming my way, but I'm looking at it from a realistic point of view. 

[quote name="stevieray" post="695968" timestamp="1257279306"]
I'm not being a smart a$$ or anything, I'm just wondering if BH has a chance in this game or are the fans just excited to make the playoffs.  I know that the "anything can happen in the playoffs" comments are probably coming my way, but I'm looking at it from a realistic point of view. 
[/quote]

Steven,

You shouldn't try to interject any common sense or realistic thinking into this thread. It will kill the only thing the BH fans have to hold on to.  ;D

[/quote]
Me saying BH will win has nothing to do with "any thing can happen in the playoffs". Yes as a BH fan I am excited to make the playoffs after a 2 year absence, but I assure you BH does have a realistic chance in this game. In my opinion they match up pretty well with PNG.

Guest Ranger83
[/quote]

They have a chance. Injuries have depleted their team in several areas. Playing a ton of soph's. The best part about that is, those young guys have played at "game speed" for several weeks now. Their QB is legit and can beat you with his arm or his legs. (Needs to cut way down on the int's) WR's are good, with some speed in #82 who has really stepped it up the last few games. Not sure how their running game is now, I think the starter was hurt several weeks ago. (May be ready by game time) They lost probably their beat defensive player for the season to elbow surgery. But based on how well they played Crosby, their "D" can hold their own.

I do not think the first game was a "fluke" for either team. I would expect this one (if it happens) to be in the same vicinity.

BH    30
PNG   27

[quote name="Ranger83" post="695985" timestamp="1257280051"]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=61613.msg695968#msg695968 date=1257279306]
[/quote]

They have a chance. Injuries have depleted their team in several areas. Playing a ton of soph's. The best part about that is, those young guys have played at "game speed" for several weeks now. Their QB is legit and can beat you with his arm or his legs. (Needs to cut way down on the int's) WR's are good, with some speed in #82 who has really stepped it up the last few games. Not sure how their running game is now, I think the starter was hurt several weeks ago. (May be ready by game time) They lost probably their beat defensive player for the season to elbow surgery. But based on how well they played Crosby, their "D" can hold their own.

I do not think the first game was a "fluke" for either team. I would expect this one (if it happens) to be in the same vicinity.

BH    30
PNG   27
[/quote]

Thanks Ranger83....Well thought out post and informative for us folks that don't live in the area any longer.

[quote name="akifan94" post="695975" timestamp="1257279594"]
[/quote]

Steven,

You shouldn't try to interject any common sense or realistic thinking into this thread. It will kill the only thing the BH fans have to hold on to.   ;D
[/quote]

WOW! ;D

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="akifan94" post="695975" timestamp="1257279594"]
[/quote]

Steven,

You shouldn't try to interject any common sense or realistic thinking into this thread. It will kill the only thing the BH fans have to hold on to.   ;D
[/quote]

I got something YOU can hold on to. :o

[quote name="Golden Triangle" post="695869" timestamp="1257273807"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61613.msg695827#msg695827 date=1257271965]
Oh I beleive BH can win and I'm sure BH does, but at the end of the day we have to hold onto the ball and the Coaching has to be flawless to win against PNG. Either one of these lack and PNG advances! I think with a week off there should be no excuses from not coming in with a game plan to win! If that means every player goes both ways then so be it! One bad game and your done starting next week!

I think every coach and BH player should be attending the PNG/Central game Friday night in person!
[/quote]

So what kind of game plan do you expect BH to come up with.?    You sound like your lobbying for BH to play kids both ways.....  I don't know of many schools at the 4A level who play kids both ways.  Maybe a few (  Dayton does )  but Dayton is a different breed of football players.  Never seen kids get after it like their kids do.

Every team comes into a game with what they hope is a good game plan.    Comes down to Execution......

Your already setting up your excuse if BH loses.  I can hear it now.........play calling stunk and the plan was flawed.  Should have played the kids both ways...

[/quote]

Not setting up excuses just stating an opinion after watching BH for many years in Playoff games. Your right that every team comes in with the game plan that they think will work and it does come down to execution, but when the plan isn't working you have to adjust and adjust fast! BH has players that can play both ways and with our depth being depleted over the season with injuries some kids may have too. In other words leave it all on the field, so there is no question on what coulda, shoulda, woulda helped!

[quote name="Ranger83" post="696000" timestamp="1257280956"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=61613.msg695975#msg695975 date=1257279594]
[/quote]

Steven,

[/quote]

I got something YOU can hold on to. :o
[/quote]

Can you share with GoldenTriangle too? I think he needs some love ;D

[/quote]
[/quote]

I cant beleive Barbers Hill lets the special ED kids go on the interned during constuction paper activities...

[quote name="BHFAN" post="696008" timestamp="1257281310"]
[quote author=Golden Triangle link=topic=61613.msg695869#msg695869 date=1257273807]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61613.msg695827#msg695827 date=1257271965]
Oh I beleive BH can win and I'm sure BH does, but at the end of the day we have to hold onto the ball and the Coaching has to be flawless to win against PNG. Either one of these lack and PNG advances! I think with a week off there should be no excuses from not coming in with a game plan to win! If that means every player goes both ways then so be it! One bad game and your done starting next week!

I think every coach and BH player should be attending the PNG/Central game Friday night in person!
[/quote]

So what kind of game plan do you expect BH to come up with.?    You sound like your lobbying for BH to play kids both ways.....  I don't know of many schools at the 4A level who play kids both ways.  Maybe a few (  Dayton does )  but Dayton is a different breed of football players.  Never seen kids get after it like their kids do.

Every team comes into a game with what they hope is a good game plan.    Comes down to Execution......

Your already setting up your excuse if BH loses.  I can hear it now.........play calling stunk and the plan was flawed.  Should have played the kids both ways...

[/quote]

Not setting up excuses just stating an opinion after watching BH for many years in Playoff games. Your right that every team comes in with the game plan that they think will work and it does come down to execution, but when the plan isn't working you have to adjust and adjust fast! [b]BH has players that can play both ways and with our depth being depleted over the season with injuries some kids may have too.[/b] In other words leave it all on the field, so there is no question on what coulda, shoulda, woulda helped!

[/quote]
This is not a good situation against PNG. PNG has zero players playing both ways and they substitute many the entire game. That is how we wore down most teams in the second half. But as I said in an earlier post this PNG team is way different than what you saw in week zero. That was the first game (non - district) and Coach Faircloth and Coach Kroeker(DC) kept it pretty generic, as to not show too many different looks.I assume and would hope BH is also much improved and I look forward to a good game.

Game stats from game 1 :o BH out gained PNG by 80 yards had 4 more first downs with almost a complete balanced attack while throwing 5 interceptions and losing 2 fumbles! Final 21-20 :o BH puts it together and the Indian stops dancing ;D

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill    Port Neches-Groves
Total yards             320                            240
First downs             16                               12
Rushes/Yds          39/168                         23/97
Average rush         4.31                            4.22
Comp/Atts          16/38/5                         17/38/4
Pass yards            152                               143
Comp pct            42.11                             44.74
Fumbles/Lost        3/2                                0/0
Penalties-yards     0-0                                0-0

[quote name="Roughrider" post="696023" timestamp="1257282028"]
[quote author=24baseball24 link=topic=61613.msg695948#msg695948 date=1257278000]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I cant [b]beleive[/b] Barbers Hill lets the special ED kids go on the[b] interned[/b] during [b]constuction[/b] paper activities...
[/quote]

You know I can't spell very well myself, but if you are going to make fun of special Ed try not to look retarded yourself ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="696027" timestamp="1257282117"]
Game stats from game 1 :o BH out gained PNG by 80 yards had 4 more first downs with almost a complete balanced attack while throwing 5 interceptions and losing 2 fumbles! Final 21-20 :o BH puts it together and the Indian stops dancing ;D

[/quote]
You forgot the penalties stats. A kickoff return and punt return deep into BH territory was brought back and one good drive killed on stupid penalties.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="696032" timestamp="1257282380"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61613.msg696027#msg696027 date=1257282117]

[/quote]
You forgot the penalties stats. A kickoff return and punt return deep into BH territory was brought back and one good drive killed on stupid penalties.
[/quote]

Yeah I didn't forget, the Chronicle did ;D I would like to have seen the Penalties as well. I know this doesn't mean squat because it was the first game, but I remember the predictions then as well being that PNG would win by 100 ;D BH will come to play it will be a good game.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="696030" timestamp="1257282273"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=61613.msg696023#msg696023 date=1257282028]
[quote author=24baseball24 link=topic=61613.msg695948#msg695948 date=1257278000]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I cant [b]beleive[/b] Barbers Hill lets the special ED kids go on the[b] interned[/b] during [b]constuction[/b] paper activities...
[/quote]

You know I can't spell very well myself, but if you are going to make fun of special Ed try not to look retarded yourself ;D
[/quote]

Ouch... good point ;)

[quote name="pngfan1" post="696035" timestamp="1257282590"]
Lets just agree to show here the morning after the game no matter whomever wins and face the music. I know you will BHFAN , its some of the others that have come out of nowhere(we have some also) that will be MIA if PNG wins.
[/quote]

Oh I'll show ;D Crow is a regular part of my balanced diet during football season ;D After our first game the Real PNG fans came back and showed much class giving props to BH on a good game. I expect the same from us when we beat you ;D ;D (I couldn't help myself). It's going to be a great game and atmoshphere if this game happens! I've always injoyed watching and BH playing the Indians. BH football players also spoke well of PNG.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833