*Vidor At. Nederland/Nederland wins 22-20

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game. The defense really stepped up against a very talented Vidor running game.

Dionte is a player who throws a pass that I might could grab. Dionte uses all his receivers and they made some catches. Lovelady ran hard. Lumberton is the only thing in the way of a Nederland playof game, I like the Dogs chances.

Dave Campbell's District Chu...
No, I'm not gonna say it.
Given the Pirates' record against the powerhouse programs they feasted on earlier in the season maybe they can petition TAPPS or TCIL to let them participate in their playoffs if the public school thing does not work out for them in what was supposed to be their year.

[quote name="bigdog" post="691705" timestamp="1256958702"]
I don't want to hear anything from vidor about homecookin!  The stripes bailed you out the play before.
[/quote]OK like it or not I am going to say it. I never complain about the calls, but this was horrible. Please do away with the replays. I wish the UIL would ban these stupid screens. First you get a touchdown and the replay showed the receiver was way out of bounds. Then you get a called fumble to decide the game. Tell me that was not a forward pass! We saw it twice thanks to the stupid replay! Now the personal foul was a push well after the play was blown dead. I agree it was not vicious, but had it been the other way you would have wanted the call. I have vented and will finish with this. That was a great game with lots of suspense. Both teams played well when they needed to. The dogs are peaking at the right time and I will say congratulations to Nederland. I just hate to see a game like that get decided on a bad call. I hope they show the game here so everyone cam see it for themselves. It took the refs 5 minutes to decide and they were wrong!!!!!! Who knows what the outcome would have been. I guess we will never know! Again congrats to Nederland one way or another it is a win! Now we have to take care of a Livingston team coming off a win........

[quote name="Shea9840" post="691720" timestamp="1256958889"]
Here we go again.  Vidor can't just get beat by a better team.  It is always the refs. fault.  Like Dennis Green said" They are who we thought they were!"  Second tier team as usual.
[/quote]Well you just about go beat by that team you are putting down! What does that say about you guys!

[quote name="Pirate for Life!" post="691890" timestamp="1256962508"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=61558.msg691705#msg691705 date=1256958702]
I don't want to hear anything from vidor about homecookin!  The stripes bailed you out the play before.
[/quote]OK like it or not I am going to say it. I never complain about the calls, but this was horrible. Please do away with the replays. I wish the UIL would ban these stupid screens. First you get a touchdown and the replay showed the receiver was way out of bounds. Then you get a called fumble to decide the game. Tell me that was not a forward pass! We saw it twice thanks to the stupid replay! Now the personal foul was a push well after the play was blown dead. I agree it was not vicious, but had it been the other way you would have wanted the call. I have vented and will finish with this. That was a great game with lots of suspense. Both teams played well when they needed to. The dogs are peaking at the right time and I will say congratulations to Nederland. I just hate to see a game like that get decided on a bad call. I hope they show the game here so everyone cam see it for themselves. It took the refs 5 minutes to decide and they were wrong!!!!!! Who knows what the outcome would have been. I guess we will never know! Again congrats to Nederland one way or another it is a win! Now we have to take care of a Livingston team coming off a win........
[/quote]

I knew this was coming.. I almost started a thread for the Pirate fans to whine about the refs... AGAIN. If y'all were as good as y'all boasted, then y'all would not have been in a position for any call late in the game to affect the outcome. Y'all should have been waaaaay ahead of a team playing with their 4th QB of the year.

Funny, I watched both replays and thought he dragged a foot and saw a clear fumble on a sack??? I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.  May want to let this one go and focus on trying to make it into the playoffs.  Livingston's coming.  We got business with Lumberton to punch our ticket.

You must be kidding to be complaining about refs...I agree, they were not good, but we got hosed more than Vidor did...the late personal foul was total garbage...the early TD you are complaining about was, in fact, a TD...the back judge even waited to call it until he saw the divot left by the receiver...get over yourself, quit whining and accept the facts

[quote name="Penny" post="691916" timestamp="1256963018"]
Funny, I watched both replays and thought he dragged a foot and saw a clear fumble on a sack??? I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.  May want to let this one go and focus on trying to make it into the playoffs.  Livingston's coming.  We got business with Lumberton to punch our ticket.
[/quote]I ahve already let it go. Just had to vent! I just hope the game is aired here so everyone can see at least the supposed fumble. Not that it will change anything!

[quote name="baddog" post="691816" timestamp="1256960919"]
Great game dogs. Dionte, if you read this, thanks for being the sparkplug that this team needed. You throw the ball really well and step into the pocket nicely. Defense was awesome tonight.

Man, I can't believe that Vidor band kept playing while we were trying to run plays on offense......geeezz!!  ;D
[/quote]

I knew that someone was going to mention this...but considering all the talk earlier this week on here...you really cant blame you.

[quote name="Pirate for Life!" post="691930" timestamp="1256963368"]
[quote author=Penny link=topic=61558.msg691916#msg691916 date=1256963018]
[/quote]I ahve already let it go. Just had to vent! I just hope the game is aired here so everyone can see at least the supposed fumble. Not that it will change anything!
[/quote]

There was no supposed fumble, there was a fumble.  The qb dropped back, the pocket collapsed and he fumbled when hit... it's pretty simple.

[quote name="jake94" post="691913" timestamp="1256962925"]
[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=61558.msg691890#msg691890 date=1256962508]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=61558.msg691705#msg691705 date=1256958702]
[/quote]

I knew this was coming.. I almost started a thread for the Pirate fans to whine about the refs... AGAIN. If y'all were as good as y'all boasted, then y'all would not have been in a position for any call late in the game to affect the outcome. Y'all should have been waaaaay ahead of a team playing with their 4th QB of the year.
[/quote]Yes he is the fourth QB, but boy is he a good one! Look I am not going to keep wining and I did not say we would have won. I just would have liked to see this game go to the end without this kind of call. Thats all. I am not saying we would have won. I just wish it had not ended like it did.

im not from ned. or vidor & i saw all the plays pirate 4 life is talking about live & on replay. the catch by brady was good in the endzone, the qb for vidor was not throwing the ball when he was sacked & the late hit was a little late but ive seen worse not called.so i think the all the calls evened out for both teams. THE REFS did not win or lose the game for either team

[quote name="Penny" post="691939" timestamp="1256963516"]
[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=61558.msg691930#msg691930 date=1256963368]
[quote author=Penny link=topic=61558.msg691916#msg691916 date=1256963018]
[/quote]

There was no supposed fumble, there was a fumble.  The qb dropped back, the pocket collapsed and he fumbled when hit... it's pretty simple.
[/quote]Penny his arm was going forward. Not a fumble.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="691937" timestamp="1256963471"]
Shout out to Nederland's offensive line. Monte had a great call on the shuffle pass to Ruzik.

Let's hope Marcus Louvier can get back, he's had a heck of a season.
[/quote]

Marcus had a great game tonight until he got hurt.  They are telling us its a high ankle sprain and he will get x-rays in the morning.  Hopefully its not serious and he can be back for Lumberton next week.

[quote name="bullett1" post="691945" timestamp="1256963612"]
im not from ned. or vidor & i saw all the plays pirate 4 life is talking about live & on replay. the catch by brady was good in the endzone, the qb for vidor was not throwing the ball when he was sacked & the late hit was a little late but ive seen worse not called.so i think the all the calls evened out for both teams. THE REFS did not win or lose the game for either team
[/quote]Just curious where are you from?

Congrats to Nederland on the win.  

It was a battle in terrible conditions.  Both teams stuggled but both teams had amazing individual efforts.  Dionte was very impressive.  #7 for Ned made some amazing catches.  The 90ish yard run by the Vidor Back had to be one of the Top Ten runs of the season in the district.

The game was not decided by the officials.  I know how good the Nederland fans must feel after this win.  It hurts for us Pirate fans.  We still control our destiny...I hope we take care of business next week.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="691937" timestamp="1256963471"]
Shout out to Nederland's offensive line. Monte had a great call on the shuffle pass to Ruzik.

Let's hope Marcus Louviere can get back, he's had a heck of a season.
[/quote]I know I have made all of the Nederland fans mad, but not my intention. I agree that was a great play and one that made a big difference in the game!

Nederland 22, Vidor 20 - Final

Vidor Overall: 6-3  District: 3-3
Nederland Overall: 4-5  District: 3-3
Boxscore
Friday October 30, 2009 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Vidor        0 6 7  7  20
Nederland  9 0 13 0 22

Scoring summary
NED -- Ryan Brady 23-yard pass from Dionte Forney (Taylor Trahan kick), 9:28, 1st.
NED -- Safety, 0:01, 1st.
VID -- Nick Dozier 1-yard run (Jacob Grant kick failed), 2:17, 2nd.
VID -- Shayne Pitman 13-yard run (Jacob Grant kick), 8:34, 3rd.
NED -- Ryan Brady 10-yard pass from Dionte Forney (Taylor Trahan kick failed), 4:55, 3rd.
NED -- Joey Ruzick 44-yard pass from Dionte Forney (Taylor Trahan kick), 1:41, 3rd.
VID -- Shayne Pitman 8-yard run (Jacob Grant kick), 5:55, 4th.

Team Stats
                    Vidor    Nederland
Total yards      308        290
First downs      11            9
Rushes/Yds    48/277    28/79
Average rush    5.77        2.82
Comp/Atts      1/3/0      12/22/0
Pass yards      31          211
Comp pct      33.33      54.55
Punts              2            4
Punting Yards  63          172
Punting Avg    31.          43