• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="692672" timestamp="1257025335"]
GO DAWGS!!
[/quote]

Ron, why the change of heart?  I've been reading your posts?  Former Dawg yourself?

I think  Vidors singlemost retarded coaching decision was not repeatedly running the long pitch play until the Dogs figured out how to stop it. Nederland is absolutely hideous at defending the outside running game and absolutely cannot beat anyone to the corner. The Pirates made the Dogs look stupid everytime they ran that pitch and yet they only ran it 4-5 times, each time for huge gains. Had the Pirates run that play as their bread and butter instead of trying to prove you could run inside I think Vidor would have run over the Dogs. Learn to play to your strength and maybe
one day you will make the playoffs. I know no one wants it any worse than the Pirates.   

[quote name="Michael" post="692962" timestamp="1257040796"]
I think  Vidors singlemost retarded coaching decision was not repeatedly running the long pitch play until the Dogs figured out how to stop it. Nederland is absolutely hideous at defending the outside running game and absolutely cannot beat anyone to the corner. The Pirates made the Dogs look stupid everytime they ran that pitch and yet they only ran it 4-5 times, each time for huge gains. Had the Pirates run that play as their bread and butter instead of trying to prove you could run inside I think Vidor would have run over the Dogs. Learn to play to your strength and maybe
one day you will make the playoffs. I know no one wants it any worse than the Pirates.   
[/quote]Preach on brother!!!

[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=61558.msg690695#msg690695 date=1256929515]
The Vidor Pirates roll into Nederland tonight with a playoff birth at stake! The Pirates havent been in the postseason in 9 seasons and tonight that streak can end with a win. Nederland is still hanging around and still has a chance at the fourth playoff spot. We kick things off tonight at straight up 7:00PM with the pregame show. Kickoff is at 7:30 right here on setxsports.com!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:vidor-pirates-vs-beaumont-kelly-bulldogs-730-pm&catid=                                            VIDOR IN THE BEGINNING WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE TEAM TO BEAT. WELL, THEIR SEASON WILL BE OVER THIS COMING FRIDAY NIGHT. I GUESS VIDOR WILL BE SITTING AT HOME THIS POST SEASON AND MANY MORE TO COME.

[quote name="horns05" post="693029" timestamp="1257042999"]
The Vidor Pirates roll into Nederland tonight with a playoff birth at stake! The Pirates havent been in the postseason in 9 seasons and tonight that streak can end with a win. Nederland is still hanging around and still has a chance at the fourth playoff spot. We kick things off tonight at straight up 7:00PM with the pregame show. Kickoff is at 7:30 right here on setxsports.com!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:vidor-pirates-vs-beaumont-kelly-bulldogs-730-pm&catid=                                             VIDOR IN THE BEGINNING WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE TEAM TO BEAT. WELL, THEIR SEASON WILL BE OVER THIS COMING FRIDAY NIGHT. I GUESS VIDOR WILL BE SITTING AT HOME THIS POST SEASON AND MANY MORE TO COME.
[/quote]Your problem with Vidor is what? Everyone does a little good natured smack talking before the game but to keep making comments like this after the game is over ???

Guest Brubaker
[/quote]

Mike, just because you hate the Nederland staff and predicted the demise of the season... don't lose sight of reality. 

[quote name="horns05" post="693029" timestamp="1257042999"]

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:vidor-pirates-vs-beaumont-kelly-bulldogs-730-pm&catid=                                             VIDOR IN THE BEGINNING WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE TEAM TO BEAT. WELL, THEIR SEASON WILL BE OVER THIS COMING FRIDAY NIGHT. I GUESS VIDOR WILL BE SITTING AT HOME THIS POST SEASON AND MANY MORE TO COME.
[/quote]

Wow, another classy post-game trashing of Vidor.   Keep showing off all that class buddy.  Your team won, congratulations. 

[/quote]

Most defenses are not dominant enough to take everything away, you have to pick your poison strategically and then hope that kids make plays versus what you are not specifically defending against.  Nederland made the decision to plug the middle and not let Vidor gash them between the tackles.  This left corners on an island to whip a block and make a play.  It didn't happen a couple of times, and Vidor got some yardage.  The one long play on 3rd and forever on the first scoring drive, was just bad luck.  We had a kid right there, just lost the ball and ran himself out of the play.  We had guys there, just tough luck.  Nederland is not physically dominant on defense, they have to put a game plan together and do the best they can to stop what an offense brings.  You seem a little envious that what they did worked Friday?

[quote name="WelcomeToTheBoneyard" post="693674" timestamp="1257107979"]
Can everyone move on to the Livingston game and quit whining over something that can't be changed?????????  Nederland won.  We were outplayed, just like the PNG game.  We came in half-focused and lost again!!!
[/quote]i don't agree. i don't think vidor was outplayed. this game was nothing like the png game. i don't think we were half focused either. i think nederland played a good game. i think we should have ran to the outside more. i think the field conditions hurt our team more than nederland's. the receivers know where they are going and the defensive cover teams don't. our running game is greatly affected by not being able to make cuts. i know at least 4 or 5 times our back was running in space and fell trying to make a cut. the officials were horrible, but not just for vidor. they just stunk it up and made themselves look bad with their indecisiveness. it was a good game, but we came up short. on a better field, i believe vidor wins the game, but it is what it is. you have to overcome those problems on the road. i knew before the game that we would have to overcome some calls, etc. that's what happens when you go on the road in high school football against a good team on their last home game with their backs up against it. another thing that annoys me while i'm venting...do we ever blitz? dionte had time to make dinner back there at times. i know we were in a max cover defense all night, but can we send someone every once in a while? ok i'm done...on to next week.

1. I do not hate the Nederland staff, quite the contrary. I really like them, respect them and have known a few of them all my life. I don't think they are getting all they can out of the kids right now(meaning over several seasons) but for the most part I would not trade em if I could.

2. Penny I was stoked at what happened Friday night from all perspectives. I thought it was a great effort on the part of the kids and the staff, I really mean that. I just think that to be fair and honest, Vidor had something going that they should have capitolized on, they were eating the Dogs D up with the option, specifically on the long pitch version. When they ran it our DE was tied up and could not get free fast enough to prevent the back from turni
g the corner uncovered and untouched. By the there was a Dog in site the ball carrier was at least 7-10 yards downfield. It was A GREAT play design, I think had they run it a little more it would have easily opened up the inside game Vidor so desperately wanted to force.

3. I will gladly be wrong if it means my Buldogs win, that's always my hope. I could really care less if I'm wrong to the Dogs advantage, although that does not happen much , lol..

Flamesuit on.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="694316" timestamp="1257173695"]
[quote author=WelcomeToTheBoneyard link=topic=61558.msg693674#msg693674 date=1257107979]
Can everyone move on to the Livingston game and quit whining over something that can't be changed?????????  Nederland won.  We were outplayed, just like the PNG game.  We came in half-focused and lost again!!!
[/quote]i don't agree. i don't think vidor was outplayed. this game was nothing like the png game. i don't think we were half focused either. i think nederland played a good game. i think we should have ran to the outside more. i think the field conditions hurt our team more than nederland's. the receivers know where they are going and the defensive cover teams don't. our running game is greatly affected by not being able to make cuts. i know at least 4 or 5 times our back was running in space and fell trying to make a cut. the officials were horrible, but not just for vidor. they just stunk it up and made themselves look bad with their indecisiveness. it was a good game, but we came up short. on a better field, i believe vidor wins the game, but it is what it is. you have to overcome those problems on the road. i knew before the game that we would have to overcome some calls, etc. that's what happens when you go on the road in high school football against a good team on their last home game with their backs up against it. another thing that annoys me while i'm venting...do we ever blitz? dionte had time to make dinner back there at times. i know we were in a max cover defense all night, but can we send someone every once in a while? ok i'm done...on to next week.
[/quote]

I think that was a pretty good assessment. Game was very evenly matched and could have gone either way. Officials were pretty bad both ways in my opinion. I am not sure what happens on a dry field, but Coach Matthews was quoted in the paper saying that he hoped it rained, rained, and rained some more. The predicitability and lack of a passing game is what beat the Pirates in my opinion.

[quote name="RC09" post="694729" timestamp="1257191133"]
How does Jeff Mathews keep his job if Vidor doesn't get into the playoffs?
[/quote]1. the kids love him
2. most of the parents love him
3. vidor had been mediocre for years
4. he teaches the kids life skills and how to be a good christian
5. he is the ad and fb coach
6. he's underpaid..one of, if not the lowest pd coaches around
7. and finally, because they ARE going to make the playoffs

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="693484" timestamp="1257093761"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=61558.msg692938#msg692938 date=1257039462]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=61558.msg692672#msg692672 date=1257025335]
GO DAWGS!!
[/quote]

Ron, why the change of heart?  I've been reading your posts?  Former Dawg yourself?
[/quote]

No there are just certain teams I like. I like Nederland this year because they've shown a lot of character coming back from losing Bellows. [b]However, i'm not going to buy an English Bulldog pup today and name him Ned or anything...[/b][/quote]

LMAO! Ron, you are always good for a laugh! Keep doing what you do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder