*Vidor At. Nederland/Nederland wins 22-20

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="692267" timestamp="1256997558"]
[quote author=land*shark link=topic=61558.msg692261#msg692261 date=1256997366]
Pass of the night had to be Neumann's headset. Nice 30 yarder on a rope after the unsportsmanlike penalty.

Great win Dogs!!!!
[/quote]

We were wondering what he was going to toss on the next play, if ref would have called that fumble a forward pass.
[/quote]

Which would have been the correct call, according to the replay on that glorious scoreboard of yours. I got to see a forward pass twice.  8)

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="692258" timestamp="1256997308"]
Well, I decided to apply badndn's 12-hour rule for posting after last night.  ;D
I haven't read through every post, so I don't know who has been classless in posting or not. Nor do I really care.
The reason we lost is simple: We came out soft. The defense played soft the entire first drive, kind of like someone said [b]"Let's defer until the second half and give them the ball so we can see what they'll do on offense." [/b] NO! That is what we supposedly watch film for!
We battled back, yes, but we never should of had to. We should have came out early and punched them in the mouth. We didn't. The defense never looked good until the third quarter.
Was there some questionable calls? Yes. Even the glorious scoreboard the announcer kept mentioning all night clearly showed that Dozhier's hand was going forward and that was not a fumble. You would have to have zero knowledge about the game to think that was a fumble. But still, Nederland got the ball. But I can't blame the loss on that. Bad calls happen in games. I'm sure that Nederland would like to complain about the bad call of uneccesary roughness in the fourth. That kid couldn't stop and was already too close when the whistle was blown. But bad calls are, unfortunately, part of the game. You have to be able to overcome them.
Plain and simple, if we hadn't played so darn soft at the beginning of the game and had not let them score with ease on that first drive, we win the game. But, just like the PN-G game, we waited too long to pull the trigger.
I hope that this is classy enough. I don't see anything in here that could be considered classless, especially after the rigamarole that happened after the PN-G game. Boys, you have to wake up. You play like this against Livingston next week, who just happened to beat Central by the way, and we'll be sitting at home again after district. You better get fired up early. Pull the trigger!!
[/quote]

I was suprised that when Vidor won the coin toss they did not take the ball.  I thought with Vidors offense they would want to send a message from the beginning.  Instead Nederland took the ball and controlled the clock the whole 1st quarter.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="692258" timestamp="1256997308"]
Well, I decided to apply badndn's 12-hour rule for posting after last night.  ;D
I haven't read through every post, so I don't know who has been classless in posting or not. Nor do I really care.
The reason we lost is simple: We came out soft. The defense played soft the entire first drive, kind of like someone said "Let's defer until the second half and give them the ball so we can see what they'll do on offense." NO! That is what we supposedly watch film for!
We battled back, yes, but we never should of had to. We should have came out early and punched them in the mouth. We didn't. The defense never looked good until the third quarter.
Was there some questionable calls? Yes. Even the glorious scoreboard the announcer kept mentioning all night clearly showed that Dozhier's hand was going forward and that was not a fumble. You would have to have zero knowledge about the game to think that was a fumble. But still, Nederland got the ball. But I can't blame the loss on that. Bad calls happen in games. I'm sure that Nederland would like to complain about the bad call of uneccesary roughness in the fourth. That kid couldn't stop and was already too close when the whistle was blown. But bad calls are, unfortunately, part of the game. You have to be able to overcome them.
Plain and simple, if we hadn't played so darn soft at the beginning of the game and had not let them score with ease on that first drive, we win the game. But, just like the PN-G game, we waited too long to pull the trigger.
I hope that this is classy enough. I don't see anything in here that could be considered classless, especially after the rigamarole that happened after the PN-G game. Boys, you have to wake up. You play like this against Livingston next week, who just happened to beat Central by the way, and we'll be sitting at home again after district. You better get fired up early. Pull the trigger!!
[/quote]

So, in essence, the Pirates beat themselves? No mention at all of the Dogs playing a pretty good game with no turnovers?

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="692273" timestamp="1256997944"]
[b]I was suprised that when Vidor won the coin toss they did not take the ball.  I thought with Vidors offense they would want to send a message from the beginning.[/b]  Instead Nederland took the ball and controlled the clock the whole 1st quarter.
[/quote]
ME TOO!!!

[quote name="jake94" post="692277" timestamp="1256998177"]
So, in essence, the Pirates beat themselves? No mention at all of the Dogs playing a pretty good game with no turnovers?
[/quote]
Wow. You only see what you want to see, don't you? I'm not saying the Bulldogs didn't play good. I'm commenting on our poor defensive play. I didn't know I had to say how well you played in order to post.  ::)
Some people. Sheesh...

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="692281" timestamp="1256998392"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=61558.msg692277#msg692277 date=1256998177]
[/quote]
Wow. You only see what you want to see, don't you? I'm not saying the Bulldogs didn't play good. I'm commenting on our poor defensive play. I didn't know I had to say how well you played in order to post.  ::)
Some people. Sheesh...
[/quote]

I only see what is there.

[quote name="jake94" post="692284" timestamp="1256998471"]
[/quote]

You only beat us by two points, which occured because our center made a bad snap over the punter's head, which we did to ourselves.
I only see what is there too.  ;)
You were only good enough to match up with us evenly. Even with our mistakes, we battled back most of the time. I'm just saying we should have played harder at the first of the game.
Quit getting your tighty-whities in a knot, man. You squeaked out the win. Chill out. By the way you are jumping on me for not giving your team props, you make it sound like y'all lost the game.  :D

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="692293" timestamp="1256998982"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=61558.msg692284#msg692284 date=1256998471]
[/quote]

You only beat us by two points, which occured because our center made a bad snap over the punter's head, which we did to ourselves.
I only see what is there too.  ;)
You were only good enough to match up with us evenly. Even with our mistakes, we battled back most of the time. I'm just saying we should have played harder at the first of the game.
Quit getting your tighty-whities in a knot, man. You squeaked out the win. Chill out. By the way you are jumping on me for not giving your team props, you make it sound like y'all lost the game.  :D
[/quote]
Come on Rusted, without the silly facemask penalty vidors last scoring drive wouldn't have happpened , it would have been fourth and long.  So really , that wasn't much of a squeak.

we were simply outdone last night all around.  when we run the same play over and over and over,teams are gonna catch onto what were doin. when we do decide to try something different and it works, we run that one play, than back to the same ole play over and over (pittman up the middle) we were also outcoached.love mathews  and hes a great guy but i sometimes dont understand the play calling. hopethings get back on track this week

Good game Bulldogs. I see once again that excuses rule the day. Nederland beat Vidor. Straight up. Just like Vidor beat Lumberton. Straight up. The game is 4 12:00 minute quarters. What happens during that 48 minutes determines the winner. Bad calls, stupid mistakes, lack of emotion are all just as much a part of the game as slant routes and off tackle runs. If you lose the game, it's because you failed to stop the other team. If you put yourself in a position where a bad penalty call leads to a loss then you put yourself in that position by not taking care of business elsewhere when you had the opportunity to do so. If you're up by 20, one bad call doesn't amount to crap.
Either way...we've got to get beyond this excuse game. I'm tired of reading things like "we only lost because we had too many turnovers and the other team cheated and the refs all hate us". I hear it from fans of every team in the area (probably Lumberton fans more than any other). The Raiders are 5-4 because of mistakes made "by them" and because during the 422 minutes of football played thus far this season, they have been outplayed for many of those minutes by their opponents. And, sometimes, it doesn't matter how well you play, the other team just happens to play better. That's why we play the games. That's why Channelview, who would be 0-9 right now if we had went with predictions rather than "playing the game" is now 1-8 and happy as h**l this morning for beating a team that is far superior to them.

Good luck Pirates. I would love to see you make the playoffs. It's been far too long!!!

Rusted, good post. I would like to address the fumble/forward pass call. That ended up being a 2nd and 15 down from a previous holding call on Vidor. The previous play, we sacked the QB for about an 8-10 yard loss. Had we not gotten that unsportsmanlike call, it would have been 3rd and about 30. The way our defense played all night, and especially on that last couple of series, do you really think Vidor would have converted? Of course you like to hope that it would have happened, and every team thinks that given ''one more shot'', they would prevail, but I happen to believe that we would have held on defense. Now, for ''THE PLAY".....It was ruled a fumble and that is the way it will be forever. Let's say for the moment that it was an incomplete forward pass. Do you realize that the ball hit an offensive lineman and that would have been ruled intentional grounding? Now, instead of just having an incomplete pass making it 3rd and 15, you get penalized 10 yards with loss of down and it is 3rd and 25....just about the same place it would have been had we not gotten the unsportsmanlike call. I still like Ned's chances from there.

Vidor didn't pass well all night. There was a screen that got some yardage, but Vidor just kept running inside (as you have already stated) and we kept making stops for minus yardage. Vidor's backs are tough, but this is positively the best I have seen our defense play in quite sometime. Vidor seemed to have some success with the toss/sweep, but didn't stay with it.

If my analysis of the series in question is inaccurate, please feel free to correct me. That is the way I remember it though.

All in all, I say hats off to Vidor for a hard fought game. There was some hitting going on and that is the kind of game I like....even if we lose, I applaud the effort.

[quote name="baddog" post="692490" timestamp="1257010420"]
Rusted, good post. I would like to address the fumble/forward pass call. That ended up being a 2nd and 15 down from a previous holding call on Vidor. The previous play, we sacked the QB for about an 8-10 yard loss. Had we not gotten that unsportsmanlike call, it would have been 3rd and about 30. The way our defense played all night, and especially on that last couple of series, do you really think Vidor would have converted? Of course you like to hope that it would have happened, and every team thinks that given ''one more shot'', they would prevail, but I happen to believe that we would have held on defense. Now, for ''THE PLAY".....It was ruled a fumble and that is the way it will be forever. Let's say for the moment that it was an incomplete forward pass. Do you realize that the ball hit an offensive lineman and that would have been ruled intentional grounding? Now, instead of just having an incomplete pass making it 3rd and 15, you get penalized 10 yards with loss of down and it is 3rd and 25....just about the same place it would have been had we not gotten the unsportsmanlike call. I still like Ned's chances from there.

Vidor didn't pass well all night. There was a screen that got some yardage, but Vidor just kept running inside (as you have already stated) and we kept making stops for minus yardage. Vidor's backs are tough, but this is positively the best I have seen our defense play in quite sometime. Vidor seemed to have some success with the toss/sweep, but didn't stay with it.

If my analysis of the series in question is inaccurate, please feel free to correct me. That is the way I remember it though.

All in all, I say hats off to Vidor for a hard fought game. There was some hitting going on and that is the kind of game I like....even if we lose, I applaud the effort.

[/quote]Good post! And actually I agree it would have been very tough to convert. And yes I would have like to see if a miracle would have happened. It does sometimes, but most times not! It was one of those games to remember. I know the guys on both sides will remember it from the aches and pains for a few more days at practice anyway. Hats off to you guys you are turning it around at the right tme!

[quote name="Gtj007" post="692335" timestamp="1257001775"]
If you are going to count the bad snap on the punt then you have to count the band snap of one of our missed FG attempts.  Then we win by 3 instead of 2!!!!
[/quote]

Well, since the bad snap was part of the game, yes, I count that as a factor. It did happen in the game didn't it? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong...  ::)
You guys squeak out a win by two points and all of a sudden we are the same old Vidor. Something tells me if we had been the victors by two, then we'd have heard how Nederlan was just having a bad year and we were lucky to squeak by a young team. We would have got no respect in some of your eyes either way.
I just think it is funny that y'all are ribbing me over admitting mistakes cost us the game. Did they not happen? Because I sure as heck did not see two perfect teams out there. I would like to visit this alternate dimension that you watch games in.  ;D
And baddog, I see your point on intentional grounding. But that happened on 1-10 after the unsportsmanlike call, correct? Maybe I'm wrong about that. That would have only made it 2nd and 25. But even if it was 3rd and 25, yes, I would take that over giving the ball over to you guys to chew up clock.
Hard fought game, just wish we could have sealed the deal. Oh well. We'll just have to take it out on the Lions next Friday.

GO PIRATES!!!

[quote name="jake94" post="692244" timestamp="1256996772"]

I think he runs the option pretty well. The problem is when he goes to pass. The Vidor offense looks like it has ONE pass play in its playbook. They throw a streak route out of the backfield to #21. I was shocked that Vidor was throwing on 1st down when the fumble happened. They had just gotten a gift of a penalty when it was 3rd and forever. They still had 2 minutes and were at midfield. If Vidor would mix it up a bit more and maybe throw 25-30% of the time, then I think that offense would be pretty darn tough! I just don't think you can win district these days or make any kind of playoff run if you are completely one-dimensional. This is not a knock on Vidor, it's just too easy for good DC's to gameplan for.
[/quote]Jake as a Vidor fan I agree with you! We have a great running offense and everyone knows it! I will let that statement sink in for a minute............. OK the everyone knows it part was the key. This year hopefully the run will be enough to just get us in the playoffs. Next year we need to change it up a bit. I am not saying we run the spread, but we need more than 1 reciever and basically 1 or 2 pass plays. No bashing here I believe our coaches are doing there best and have given us a real chance at the playoffs, but to consistantly win in this district we will have to change.

I'm not taking anything away from Ned by what I'm about to say, but those refs were an absolute joke, and made bad calls for both sides.
1.) Nederland's first TD. The ref across the field, runs all the way over, to say he caught the ball in the back of the endzone, because he sees a footprint? Because the field was in perfect condition, and that was the only footprint made there all day, apparently.
2.) I saw some of Vidor's receivers being held while they were trying to run their route. I saw the ref put his hand on his flag as if he were a gunslinger, and I really thought he wanted to throw it. I guess not.
3.) That was an awful call on Nederland for roughing the passer. Sure the whistle blew a few seconds prior, but it's not like the Nederland defender tried to hurt anyone..he bumped into him with his shoulder pad, lol. Tough break on that one, Dogs, but good job tightening up when you needed to.
4.) The ultimate backbreaker, the forward pass ruled a fumble.

Be proud, Dogs. You're making a great effort to comeback after everyone wrote you off. I tribute that to your athletes and coaches. It's easy to give up when you're in that position, but I applaud the things you're doing in the face of adversity.

Pirates, you'll get a break sooner or later. You kind of remind of the bad news bears at times. You try so hard, and get little to show for it at times.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="691967" timestamp="1256964056"]
[quote author=PurpleDawg link=topic=61558.msg691471#msg691471 date=1256956493]
These announcers leave a lot to be desired!
[/quote]explain
[/quote]

It would have been nice to hear more reporting on the game instead of their individual banter and their voices were distorted "overdriven". Having said that, I could not have done a better job!

[quote name="vhs" post="692078" timestamp="1256966494"]
[quote author=dmanspadge link=topic=61558.msg692050#msg692050 date=1256965976]
Hahahaha... Nederland has the worst team they've had in years and Vidor still can't beat them.  The "big rivalry".... hahahaha.  The Vidor fans will slowly go the way of the Lumberton fans.  See ya'll in about 10 more years when you think you have a good team again.

[/quote]

Agreed! Vidor has nothing to be ashamed about! Go Dawgs! Go pirates!
dmanspaddge - All class sir,  all class!!!

Congrats to Ned.  on a hard fought win.  Pirates, hold your heads up high and punch your ticket next week.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami