Alot being said about Evadale will they make a playoff run?

Guest Jmeek

Will Evadale make playoff run?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Will Evadale make playoff run?

• 1 and out
    • Bidistrict
    • Area
    • Regionals
    • Quarter finals
    • Semi finals
    • State runner up
    • State champs

Guest checkmate
1 and out..will either go North and play Joaquin or Tenaha...or go West and play Lovelady...someone like that....Rebs had a great year..but it ends in the first round. JMO

As I said before, this team is very overrated... They will play one round and lose. Evadale has never been a very strong team. These teams are on top at this moment, only because Burkeville has hit a slump as all teams do, and is having to rebuild their program. Burkeville has always been the strongest team in this district, that is proven by 30 + years of back to back district titiles and back to back to playoff spots and 2 out of 3 state championships. Where some Evadale people say " Burkeville is a has been", it has been said that it is always better to have been a "has been" than a "never was."

This guy has a weird obsession with hating Evadale.  The thread is "will they make a playoff run" not "how good has burkeville been through the years".  As one bville poster said, "we're not all bad posters" (pretty close to that), but this guy is making a strong case!!!  I've got alot of respect for bville as do most evadale posters, but this guy makes it difficult.

Good luck evadale in the playoffs, Good luck burkeville, starting basketball.  GEEZZZ  ;)

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Lol :)" post="689365" timestamp="1256830893"]
Evadale has the number two defense in state . There offense has alot more than what has been seen .There has been no need to show it all. They showed a little bit in the dville game and have not since. Evadale should win two are more playoff games .
[/quote]

Where Did You Get Your Ratings..??? I Havent Seen Them In The Top 25 In State...In Defense Or Offense..Post The Site ..Please...

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="MUSTANGPRIDE" post="689604" timestamp="1256843010"]
;) old cat.. I would like to see those postings myself.. sounds like wishful thinkin on someones part.. ;D
[/quote]

Yep I Think You May Be Right...

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="689634" timestamp="1256844217"]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=61433.msg689604#msg689604 date=1256843010]
;) old cat.. I would like to see those postings myself.. sounds like wishful thinkin on someones part.. ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

According to the Massey rankings, Evadale is ranked 90 overall in 1A in the state and they have the 59th ranked defense in the state in 1A.....hope this helps clear the air  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Silsbee88" post="689650" timestamp="1256844631"]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=61433.msg689634#msg689634 date=1256844217]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=61433.msg689604#msg689604 date=1256843010]
[/quote]

[/quote]

According to the Massey rankings, Evadale is ranked 90 overall in 1A in the state and they have the 59th ranked defense in the state in 1A.....hope this helps clear the air  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
thanks for the stats.. old wildcat and I knew the previous post was incorrect...

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="Lol :)" post="689781" timestamp="1256852689"]
Maxpreps has evadale defense ranked number two and there is another one that has every 1a school in the stste and evadale defense is number three.  
[/quote]

I cannot find this from Maxpreps.....it seems they have you guys ranked like 862 in the state and 10,178 nationally....it also has you ranked #82 in state 1A.  Would you mind posting a link to the site that says you have a #2 ranked defense...please

There is no team defense on maxpreps. If you look closely at the one that has Evadale #3 is interceptions. There are only 47 of the over 160 A teams that have put their stats on there. #47  is Valley Mills and they only have 4 games listed( 1 interception). Maxpreps is a very unreliable state wide ranking, good for a specific individual, but not a team.

The #2 Defense mention has to do with Points Scored against

Only New Deal has allowed fewer points this season that Evadale. There are some great defensive teams in the state, but only only 1A team has allowed fewer points than the Rebels.

Hope that clears up a few of the questions. Would your team rather give up more yards than points or points than yards? The Rebels perfer more yards than points (only 35 in 8 games - 28 of those came in two games against 2A opponnets).

I believe that the Rebels will make a breakthrough this year in the playoffs. I also know that with the entire offensive and defensive line returning next year as well as most of the linebackers and the offensive backfield things are looking pretty good for 2010 too, but that will be for another thread later.

Rebels will be undefeated going into their final regular season game with Colmesneil and that is the Rebels focus at this point. Getting healthy, getting better, getting stronger that is what the next few weeks are about.

Keep on trucking Rebels!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder