BH V. Crosby ... Tittle Implications. Predictions?

Cougtalk

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="jayhawk" post="683537" timestamp="1256266391"]
PNG- First game under a new coach. They STILL won!
Dayton- Started a JV QB (even though BH dominates the JV circuit). They STILL won!

Reality-It's not just for breakfast any more!  /////////  Did you miss breakfast ? I'm still trying to figure out what point you're making. Your defending Dayton & PNG by making excuses for them winning against all odds against lowly BH.(LAME)      ---- Reality -  don't leave home without it !
[/quote]

The point, sir, is that BH needed a "reality" check and they got it. You can imply that their losses (no matter how close) were to "good" football teams. My point is, that in "reality" the  close losses to "good" teams needed to be put in perspective. IE, first game and JV quarterback.

Oh, I have a hot, steaming bowl of reality every morning. It's a special mixture of oatmeal: "39-21". It sure tastes good!

I think BH does the most bashing on this board. Unfortunately it is always about the coach. He is our coach. If you do not support him that is your right. To publicly bash him and the staff on a message board does no good for the kids or the program. [b]Other schools have lost games this year and I haven't [/b] [b]seen their fan base bashing the various head coaches[/b]. I believe our coaches do a good job, especially with our talent level. This year we have been bit by the injury bug. If you have a beef take it to the people who can change things or talk to the coach himself. Please quit running down our program.

Tonight the atmosphere should be tremendous at the Hill.  The kids know that the season is on the line and will play their hearts out. However I still think Crosby's new found ground attack will be too much for the injured Eagles.  Good Luck to both teams and Crosby 28(seems to be the theme of their season) and Barbers Hill 10

[quote name="Bhplayer011" post="682695" timestamp="1256178332"]
IF BH PLAYS AGAINST CROSBY LIKE THEY DID DAYTON BH WILL COME OUT WITH THE WIN

P.S. CROSBY BEAT DAYTON CAUSE DAYTON PLAYED A BAD GAME 
[/quote]

Couldn't agree with ya more!!!
I don't think Crosby is the best team in the district from what I have seen. I will say they are the[u] only team[/u] to do something with Dayton's turnovers which clearly made the difference and determined the outcome of that game! They are lucky to be where they are right now and I would not count out BH just yet!

Good luck tonight!

[quote name="UHFALCON" post="683757" timestamp="1256309832"]
Tonight the atmosphere should be tremendous at the Hill.  The kids know that the season is on the line and will play their hearts out. However I still think Crosby's [b]new found ground attack [/b] will be too much for the injured Eagles.  Good Luck to both teams and Crosby 28(seems to be the theme of their season) and Barbers Hill 10
[/quote]

not being smart.... at what point in the season did you guys start running it better?

[quote name="UHFALCON" post="683765" timestamp="1256310215"]
It started in 1st game of district vs. CE King.  Committed to the run and have been successful every since.  I do understand the question though
[/quote]

I see....

now that i think of it, that was the bulk of you guys' yds against dayton.

[quote name="friogal" post="683759" timestamp="1256309856"]
[quote author=Bhplayer011 link=topic=61044.msg682695#msg682695 date=1256178332]

[/quote]

I don't think Crosby is the best team in the district from what I have seen. I will say they are the[u] only team[/u] to do something with Dayton's turnovers which clearly made the difference and determined the outcome of that game! They are lucky to be where they are right now and I would not count out BH just yet!

Good luck tonight!

Yea, they have outscored their district opponents 152-26 with two shuthouts.  Very lucky indeed. ::)
[/quote]

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Rod" post="683776" timestamp="1256311167"]
[quote author=friogal link=topic=61044.msg683759#msg683759 date=1256309856]
[quote author=Bhplayer011 link=topic=61044.msg682695#msg682695 date=1256178332]

[/quote]

Good luck tonight!

Yea, they have outscored their district opponents 152-26 with two shuthouts.  Very lucky indeed. ::)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Even a blind hog can find an acorn every once in a while. Enjoy the acorn.

One and Done!

[quote name="Ranger83" post="683789" timestamp="1256312501"]
[quote author=Rod link=topic=61044.msg683787#msg683787 date=1256312348]
That must be the same blind hog that rooted you guys up also. ;D
[/quote]

We're Jewish.
[/quote]  That can't be true because if you were you would of had enough moola to buy the win !

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="jayhawk" post="683887" timestamp="1256318408"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61044.msg683789#msg683789 date=1256312501]
[quote author=Rod link=topic=61044.msg683787#msg683787 date=1256312348]
That must be the same blind hog that rooted you guys up also. ;D
[/quote]

We're Jewish.
[/quote]  That can't be true because if you were you would of had enough moola to buy the win !
[/quote]

Rabbi Maimonides said the highest and best level of charity, real love, was to help a person before they become impoverished:

1.    by offering a substantial gift or loan in a dignified manner, or
2.    by helping them find employment or
3.    by helping them establish themselves in business.

So we gave the poor, pitiful Cougars a win. Shalom!

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
There needs to be a separate Dayton excuse thread. If, if, if.  If we hadn't have given the ball away.... If the refs would have blown 4 more inadvertant whistles... People who were at the Crosby/Dayton game know that with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter a Cougar OLB ran a pick six back on a screen pass but the ref on the Dayton sidelines blew the whistle in the middle of the play. There was no flag. And the player who intercepted the pass never came close to going down, in fact he never left his feet.  That was not an unforced error.  Give credit to Crosby's defense. And when Ploch was scrambling in the late 3rd/early 4th quarter and got popped, that was not an unforced error.  The other two or three times on special teams, well that's part of football.  It's not like this was a 1 point game.  Dayton lost.  Dayton got shut out by probably it's biggest rival.  In a game between two undefeated district teams, Dayton could not stop Crosby. I'm sorry you can't get over it.

Now onto this thread's topic:
Barbers Hill threw five picks in the first half against PN-G and still kept it a game, 21-20.  I didn't see 1/4 of the excuses that I've seen from their neighbors up north on 146. That being said, I think this will be a close game. BH is a few plays away from being 7-1.  They barely lost to PN-G, Lumberton, and Dayton and no one in Crosby is taking them lightly.  Should be a good game.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="683967" timestamp="1256324973"]
There needs to be a separate Dayton excuse thread. If, if, if.  If we hadn't have given the ball away.... If the refs would have blown 4 more inadvertant whistles... People who were at the Crosby/Dayton game know that with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter a Cougar OLB ran a pick six back on a screen pass but the ref on the Dayton sidelines blew the whistle in the middle of the play. There was no flag. And the player who intercepted the pass never came close to going down, in fact he never left his feet.  That was not an unforced error.  Give credit to Crosby's defense. And when Ploch was scrambling in the late 3rd/early 4th quarter and got popped, that was not an unforced error.  The other two or three times on special teams, well that's part of football.  It's not like this was a 1 point game.  Dayton lost.  Dayton got shut out by probably it's biggest rival.  In a game between two undefeated district teams, Dayton could not stop Crosby. I'm sorry you can't get over it.

Now onto this thread's topic:
Barbers Hill threw five picks in the first half against PN-G and still kept it a game, 21-20.  I didn't see 1/4 of the excuses that I've seen from their neighbors up north on 146. That being said, I think this will be a close game. BH is a few plays away from being 7-1.  They barely lost to PN-G, Lumberton, and Dayton and no one in Crosby is taking them lightly.  Should be a good game.
[/quote]

Aren't we all a "few plays" away from being 7-1?
Who is the "1" by the way? For GCM it's definitely NOT Crosby. Crosby won, but GCM was a few plays away! I would say Dawson is GCM's "1".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder