Warren vs Hardin Predictions?

Hornet

Who is your pick for this contest?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for this contest?

• Warren
    • Hardin

Guest HSFOOTBALL
Alright Hornets fans, lets hope the team we know that can play extremely well at times shows up Friday night, and takes nothing for granted versus a struggling Warren team. I'm going to take a wild guess and say 45-6. Depends on what style of play Haynes goes with. Aggressive, with onside kicks or Discipline with Defense, three and out pocessions.  I'd say Hardin needs to get pass this one, and prepare for next weeks battle with the "potential" contender for the third spot. Buna even has a shot at 2nd, so the game has quite a bit of implications. Plenty of football left to be played.

Note, called the score of the EC/Anahuac game discussing with a friend a couple weeks ago, stated Anahuac will lose due to a missed extra point. If a read the headlines correctly, that's exactly what happened. How unfortunate for those fiery Panthers.

Good luck Hornets.

Guest HSFOOTBALL
Who is the smaller school? Hardin or Buna ? I'm sure it's Hardin, a few years ago I went to a game in Buna and noticed that the population of the town was quite larger than Hardin. It's always wondered throgh my mind how schools such as Buna, East Chambers, and Anahuac have the same amount of kids with the population these towns have. It's mind boggling, but then again, Hardin has an extremely large district with 50-100 kids or so, coming from over 30 miles away. Is that still a factor in Hardin? I know it was when I was there.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="HSFOOTBALL" post="683051" timestamp="1256229981"]
Who is the smaller school? Hardin or Buna ? I'm sure it's Hardin, a few years ago I went to a game in Buna and noticed that the population of the town was quite larger than Hardin. It's always wondered throgh my mind how schools such as Buna, East Chambers, and Anahuac have the same amount of kids with the population these towns have. It's mind boggling, but then again, Hardin has an extremely large district with 50-100 kids or so, coming from over 30 miles away. Is that still a factor in Hardin? I know it was when I was there.
[/quote]

[i]23-2A              Ovr.          Dist.
Team(ADM)           W    L                     W  L
East Chambers(368) 6 2                 4      0
Anahuac(412)     5 2                 2      1
Buna(387)             4    3                 2      1
Kountze(402.5)       3   5                 2      2
Hardin(360)            4   3                 1      2
Warren(356)     2   5                 1      2
Deweyville(246)     1   7                 0      4[/i]

So in size order, its Anahuac, Kountze, Buna, EC, Hardin, Warren, DV.

One thing to keep in mind its extremely difficult to judge a school size by looking at the physical surrounding. For years people have misjudged EC because they [i]THINK[/i] Winnie must be larger because of hotels, restaurants, etc. that pop up along I-10. In actuality, Winnie is a small town, but just happens to be located along the interstate in a good "stopping point" between Beaumont and Baytown (or Houston). At best EC is a [i]mid-sized 2A[/i] school.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder