*LC-M vs. Livingston/LCM wins 49-41

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to the Bear football team...I apologize for being a fairweather fan, and leaving at the start of the 3rd quarter.  You showed incredible drive and determination in coming back from a large deficit to win the game.  I will not jump on the bandwagon now, because I wasn't fully in your corner then.  You deserve the props for taking back the win, and beleiving in yoursleves when many of us didn't...

Congratulations to the Bears!

This is one of those games that you just couldn't believe or imagine unless you were there. Livingston capitalized on LCM miscues in the first half to build a huge lead and then the second half was just the opposite with LCM taking advantage of Livingstons mistakes.

After being out of sync for much of the first half, Hunter Gonzales was lights out in the second half with great runs and very few incomplete passes in the second.  Maybe one of the most crucial plays of the night was a 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter.  LCM ran an option left in which Livingston seemed to have defended it perfectly, but somehow Gonzales faked and fought his way to a first down and then finished the drive with a strike to Sonnier in the right corner of the end zone.

This was a great win for the players, coaches, and community of LCM.  Congrats again!

Just a side note...I'm not sure what I expected or why this stood out tonight, but I was really impressed with Livingstons sportsmanship.  There were many times when hard hits were followed by a pat on the helmet or a hand up.  A hard fought game with very few penalties.

Oh, and no arrests were made for students storming the field!    ;D  ::)   

Lil Cypress has a very good club. You sit in the stands and watch them and you realise, they have good athletes. The y find that consistency and they will make some serious noise. :)

I have thought the same thing the last few years about LCM and Vidor. Looks like the tables are turning.

Congrats to Coach and all the Bears and all of the Bear hopeful that stuck it out through some hard times. You could tell at the beginning of the season that things were going to change. Well, change is here. Getting a district win is just the start. Congrats again Coach, you have the Bears headed in the right direction and the community is behind you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder