Will Kountze ever make the playoffs in football

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last statement is correct.  It is very obvious what the administration, and the AD think about the football program when they schedule there by week for the last game of the season every year.  How did Kountze become a basketball school?  I will tell you, it all started years ago when the coaches and the kids made there minds up that they would practice, and play 12 months out of the year.  You cannot have a successfull football program when your offseason program starts August 1st.

[quote name="dub" post="675920" timestamp="1255630948"]
gdickert I understand that Kirbyville went a few years through the 80's with a down program, but Kountze has not made the playoffs since 1973!!!
[/quote]

Everyone has there day. I graduated from Woodville in 1998 and Kirbyville was a pushover game. Blew them out like 52-6. Coach Stewart was my secondary coach and he was darn good and he is a motivated person.

[quote name="Justafan1" post="687752" timestamp="1256666607"]
It all has to change starting from the top of the KISD

INSANITY= DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER EXPECTING TO ACHIEVE DIRRERENT RESULTS.

Parents and kids have tried to make thier voice heard, but no one listens.
[/quote]

Same as in Woodville but minus the kids and parents. Have to pay for good coachs to come in and not just hire shoe-ins like the Coach now who is the son in law of people on the school board here in Woodville.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I went to ktz from k-12 im going to say they need to cancel football and add a swimming team.  the problem with ktz is that they are used to losing football games.  ive heard this statement so much on the football field...."yeah you beat us in football just wait until basketball season"  i liked playing football.  i didnt like losing so i didnt play my junior or senior year plus i didnt like who the head coach was at that time.  if you play ktz in football all you have to do is stop TWO plays.....32 dive and 28 toss...that seems to be only plays that williams calls..when we had hancock as quarterback he has a solid WR core around him but we didnt throw the ball...why...who knows?  he had c. morgan, i. morgan, j. drake, c. read, j mcneil kids who were fast and could catch the ball if you put anywhere near them.  not to mention the 00-02 teams should have made the playoffs...this sounds stupid but these teams went like 23-4 until they got to the varisty  level.  ktz has the kids just the coaching needs to improve.

• 2 months later...
Coach Hodges was a great edition to the football program in Kountze, and he did a great job motivating the players.. But what's past is past. All you can do is look forward. There are many politics in Kountze, just like any other small town. You can blame it on the kids not being motivated, you can blame it on the coaches not doing their jobs. The community wants to win. From the 2006 to 2008, there was a change in that football program that had never been seen before, and the community began to buy into it. Things took place, and the promising future that the program had was stripped away from the kids playing today. Once again, it's time to rebuild. It's time to find that missing ingredient. The time to believe is now. The best is yet to come.

Guest LR1969
Sure they will..Look at Lumberton. It took a lot of years but the Raiders made it. KVille had its good years and its horrible years just like almost every other school in the area. It comes and goes. Just hang in there. Heck, the UIL will probably eventually decide to water down the field even more and just send every school to the playoffs then Kountze will get in for sure...ha..Wishing the Lions well. Would love to see them in the playoffs.

[quote name="LR1969" post="806856" timestamp="1275068940"]
Sure they will..Look at Lumberton. It took a lot of years but the Raiders made it. KVille had its good years and its horrible years just like almost every other school in the area. It comes and goes. Just hang in there. Heck, the UIL will probably eventually decide to water down the field even more and just send every school to the playoffs then Kountze will get in for sure...ha..Wishing the Lions well. Would love to see them in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Yeah, mathmatically they will make the play-offs eventually...just like army will beat the United States Naval Academy in football EVENTUALLY!

Kountze is gonna have to get a smashmouth mind set before they can even think about playoffs. They have a huge district and only 2 teams goin to playoffs. I dont see them goin to playoffs anytime soon unless some major changes occur.

Guest LR1969
[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="806970" timestamp="1275087645"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=60829.msg806856#msg806856 date=1275068940]
[/quote]

Yeah, mathmatically they will make the play-offs eventually...just like army will beat the United States Naval Academy in football EVENTUALLY!
[/quote]

Exactly! But, don't forget Army's 5 year winning streak in the early/mid 90's. Not quiet the 8 of the Navy (current streak) but that's life. Army will return the favor eventually...ha!

• 5 months later...
FYI.. Football in Kountze is no different than anywhere else.  To achieve success it takes a number of important factors.  1) a community that wants it. 2) leadership in school administration making it a priority that it successful. 3) QUALIFIED capable coaching with experience in developing a winning and successful program.  4) a strong offseason program designed to get everyone involved ( Football, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, FFA,  etc.) *Remember football doesnt start in August and end in November anymore when it comes to developing a successful program! 5) Get rid of the negativity and make positive changes which will ensure a winning attitude and thus a winning program.  Hence your Recipe at no charge.  Good luck kids.. Keep your heads up! Go Lions!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder