Snapshot Numbers/Official Thread: U.I.L. Snap-Shot Enrollment Day Information

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Silsbee88

Silsbee  885

AAW, my source, says 853.....

You are correct, it's 853. The same person who gave me the first number contacted me and gave me the correct number, 853.

Glad to know we are getting the same info.....I would hate to be wrong.. ;D ;D ;D

Man, you gotta feel sorry for that 1/2 person we have in Lumberton, I wonder if they are a he or a she and if they only have to attend school half days?

;)

Not trying to be sarcastic here, but I think that has something to do with "special needs" students.  Liberty used to claim a lot more than they actually had so they could keep their enrollment numbers down.  I am guessing you might get more money for a "special needs" student too.

I may be WAY WRONG here, but that is what I was told.

What is the cutoff for each classification? I could look it up but I'm sure someone here already has (ha). Just curious who may be staying put and who may be "moving on up".

Found the following post by AggiesAreWe in another discussion. It answered my question. Thought I'd share it here.

From AggiesAreWe...

These are the cutoff numbers for each classification from the last realignment:

5A  2085

4A  980

3A  430

2A  200

Over the last several realignments the bottom number for each classification has increased by an average of about 50. So the upcoming realignment cutoff numbers could look like this:

5A  2135

4A  1035

3A  480

2A  250

Most likely the last two classes will not have that much of an increase, but that's a ballpark figure for each class.

Did see that LaMarque turned in 972. Looks like they will drop to 3A.

Man, you gotta feel sorry for that 1/2 person we have in Lumberton, I wonder if they are a he or a she and if they only have to attend school half days?

;)

Not trying to be sarcastic here, but I think that has something to do with "special needs" students.  Liberty used to claim a lot more than they actually had so they could keep their enrollment numbers down.  I am guessing you might get more money for a "special needs" student too.

I may be WAY WRONG here, but that is what I was told.

in that case, there are probably a lot of half students making up that number in l-town. they just happened to have an odd number of them. ;D

Guest Silsbee88

Found the following post by AggiesAreWe in another discussion. It answered my question. Thought I'd share it here.

From AggiesAreWe...

These are the cutoff numbers for each classification from the last realignment:

5A  2085

4A  980

3A  430

2A  200

Over the last several realignments the bottom number for each classification has increased by an average of about 50. So the upcoming realignment cutoff numbers could look like this:

5A  2135

4A  1035

3A  480

2A  250

Most likely the last two classes will not have that much of an increase, but that's a ballpark figure for each class.

Did see that LaMarque turned in 972. Looks like they will drop to 3A.

I would not even try at this point to guess, it will depend what the overall state did.  They will take the top 245 schools in enrollment and that will be 5A, the next 200 or so will be 4A, and so on.  It will really depend on what the state did in the larger districts to determine who moves up and who moves down.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder