coaching when should they retire

Guest zewkpr5

Guest zewkpr5

I just want opinions about when everyone thinks a coach should retire? I believe that when you continuously coach a team to losses continuously it is finally time to go. No coach should have a pet. Time for a certain mid-county coach to go.

This thread probably doesn't even deserve a response but here goes anyway.No one knows better than a coach when it's time to go.There is a tremendous amount of preperation and training that go in to building a team that most fans never see.The coaches have plenty to worry about without having to pacify the parents with trivial crap like this.JMO

When a coach builds a program...he or she can stay as long as she wants. I'm assuming you are talking about a midcounty program that isn't purple and white. I don't know much about the coach except she has won won won until the past two to three seasons...and they were very young last year. If you care that much...go get a degree and take her spot.

IMO there is no reason why a team should win their first two games back to back and then loose the next three games.  The girls were obviously not in shape to play more than three games.  You could see that they lost steam in game three.  The players had the talent and ability to win the first two games when they played Ozan on Tuesday (10/6) then they looked like the wind was taken from their sails during game 3 and 4.  They were able to come back and win game 5.  However, Friday (10/9) the players were excellent again in game 1 & 2 and then they just didn't have the stamina to sustain the next 3 games.  It was heart wrenching.

If the players were working out daily with a regimen that would enable them to have endurance as well as ability then there would have been no reason why all the games should not have been played as the first 2 this past week.  They may have been ultimately out played by those other teams but there is no reason why they should have lost due to not having the stamina to sustain the game.  And I believe that if you are on the team then you should be able to rotate in and out and play to the ability of the other athletes.  No one can improve their game if they go in for one play and are immediately removed when they make a mistake.  Can you imagine the pressure on that player to be so fearful that they are going to screw up and then be removed from the court?  How can they function and keep their head in the game if they have this pressure on their backs?  The coach should use the team they chose and have and play them hard in and off the court and work their line-up. 

The Nederland girls have a lot of heart and deserve better than what they are currently getting IMO.  If the coach is not going to give 100% then how can you expect your players to do the same?  I'm sure they were a fine coach but there doesn't appear to be the drive and motivation that makes a consistently winning team.  And I don’t mean that every match has to be won.  But they should be motivated and driven to be able to walk away from the games at the end of the night knowing that they had fun and played some great ball!  :) 

If we are talking about who I think we are talking about.  Did they have a few key players that were hurt last year and out for the season and didn't one of the same players get hurt again but is back now?  I also think some parents think that they can coach better than the coaches.  ::) 

I have read this and the old saying "When we win it is great players and when we lose it is POOR COACHING" keeps coming to mind...As for the not finishing the games 3,4,5 some teams just don't have the leadership to put people away when they are down... and no coaching the world can make a kid a leader. you have it or you don't. Maybe she subed to much in game 3???? ??? ??? ???

Teams come back from a 2-0 deficit all the time. I see it at least 4 or 5 times a year in this area. It's not that rare. I'll say it again...if you can coach better...then go do it. Why are people on here bashing coaches...especially ones that have BUILT a program. That coach in purple and white has over 900 wins...I think she can stay as long as she wants too.

I had never heard of a rock-a-noo until this coach put them on the map.I don't know the coach,wouldn't recognize her if I met her in the street but I can say two things with confidence,make that 3 things.

(1)Conditioning didn't cost you match after leading 2-0.

(2)Any coach that has 900 wins didn't forget how to coach.

(3)Look a little further down the bench for the problem,it's probably a downturn in talent.

just a thought. is it more difficult to build a program from nothing over almost 40 years, or to inherit a winning program and keep it on top and always in the hunt for the district title?

the current png coach started in 1972 and they won the state title that year..... they have continuedto be successful every year since then too.

like i said.... just something to think about.

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan

I am just happy that in my job my success does not depend on a bunch of high school student who I don't even get to select and my performance/job security is not dependent on the opinions of said student's ill informed parents.

I can tell all nay sayers about Nederland girls they give all they can give.There is nothing they want more then to win. They have learned the last few weeks to really compete at a higher level but there is just better teams. I will say one thing for sure dont ever question my daughters HEART she has come back from 2 knee surgeries and still throws herself on the floor after the ball. This wanting coach Leach to leave started early in the year with some parents whos daughter did not make the varsity team. The odd thing instead of being helpful they have got on here and have been negative about the whole program. I am sorry that all the girls could not be on varsity for whatever reason but this group has fought very hard and will continue to do so. I just ask that you come out and support the LADY DOGS! On Coach Comeaux she truly a great coach and always has a team that will compete but again there is always off years.

Heres the situation you migh not like our coaches choices but when it comes down to it its our job to win she can not play for us. yes we should have done way better these past two games and everyone knows it. Its in the past so we are moving forward and our main focus is playoffs. Just let us play stop talking about us and our coach. When she decides to retire she will.But she loves what she does. You can not blame us losing completely all on her. It comes down to how bad we want it and our whole teams mindset going into the game. This is somehing we truely love and we dont need parents starting drama or talking smack on our team or coach we have enough stress.And parents who cant get out of a highschool girls volleyball teams business does no help at all.Just stop and let us play.

One more thing you have no right to say anything about any of us not having enough heart. are you any of us no you aren you are parents just assuming stuff about are team or parents who are mad and cant grow up and act like There are adults.Seriously just let us play what so hard about that? We need people to support us not to try and beat us down.

JUST LET US BE!!!

you all need to listen to the last couple of posts. Ive been watching VB for a long time and close to the program. Its a simple fact. Some times a team is just better than yours on a given nite. Sometimes you dont know which team is going to show up and a coach cant get on the floor and play.

Leave the kids alone and leave the coach alone...................................

You are not going to win every game and you wont stay on top forever................Just ask Cowboy fans, they have finally realized they are just a football team and nothing special.. Every sport has its ups and downs, some just last longer than others.

Enjoy watching your kids compete period.........................................

you all need to listen to the last couple of posts. Ive been watching VB for a long time and close to the program. Its a simple fact. Some times a team is just better than yours on a given nite. Sometimes you dont know which team is going to show up and a coach cant get on the floor and play.

Leave the kids alone and leave the coach alone...................................

You are not going to win every game and you wont stay on top forever................Just ask Cowboy fans, they have finally realized they are just a football team and nothing special.. Every sport has its ups and downs, some just last longer than others.

Enjoy watching your kids compete period.........................................

nailed it right there!!!

True Txvb. Some of the best coaches I know that have the background, knowledge and skills have very few wins at their schools. Why- some of these schools flat out don't have the talent to compete. The coach can give them every skill possible but if they can't execute it then they won't win. Should the coach retire? No, if they truly love the game still and want to teach it then they should be there. If they lose the love of the game then maybe they should move on. Let the girls play and the coaches coach. Good luck to all sport coaches and keep working hard. As a fellow coach I know what you deal with and if you are a former coach you should also know. We would love to win em all but it's not gonna happen. Enjoy the wins and learn from the losses.

• 2 weeks later...
I know both coaches firsthand.  Coach Leach has dedicated alot of time, many years, to Jefferson County Juniors Volleyball----a travelling select volleyball team.  She truly loves the game, and loves coaching.  Coach Comeaux, alot of her team players benefit from Juniors and Coach Leach's leadership. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder