Some more "Fall Ball" scores

Guest DickVitale

Yep, Westbury Christian really stuck it to us yesterday...Bellaire too....No excuses...individual talent will never beat good TEAMS no matter what...Good news is the fall ball coach followed my instructions, showed nothing and just let it play out, while everybody got run...They beat us fair and square...I really look forward to being on the sidelines when the time comes...Glad this part is over....

Very classy of AAW to attempt to "embarrass" me via his little score report.  I hope he realizes that I am much bigger than his immature antics.  Just continue to follow us Mike and continue to "update" everyone.  The real season is around the bend.

Yep, Westbury Christian really stuck it to us yesterday...Bellaire too....No excuses...individual talent will never beat good TEAMS no matter what...Good news is the fall ball coach followed my instructions, showed nothing and just let it play out, while everybody got run...They beat us fair and square...I really look forward to being on the sidelines when the time comes...Glad this part is over....

Very classy of AAW to attempt to "embarrass" me via his little score report.  I hope he realizes that I am much bigger than his immature antics.  Just continue to follow us Mike and continue to "update" everyone.  The real season is around the bend.

A serious question about your team barack. How hard is it going to be to get your individual talent

to play as a team,knowing in the back of you mind that if they dont like what your doing as a coach or your style

of play they can just go to another school.(I will say I know very little about private schools)

Guest DickVitale

The kids in my program will conform to what I want done or they wont be in my program, its that simple.  They are real good kids and that will not be an issue but lots of times when kids are put in situtations when the "lights" come on and everybody is watching, it becomes alomost second nature for guys to be selfish in their play, and shy away from what they are being taught especially without the head coach on the bench.  Thats kids, especially young kids as I have.  These guys are talented, but they must learn to play together and thats my job.  These are growing pains.  I am smart enough and have been around this game long enough to know what I have to do, and I will.  Its no big deal, just have to put in some time. 

So you being on the sideline will make up the difference of a 31 and a 20 point game?  Guess what the other coach was not on the bench either.

So you being on the sideline will make up the difference of a 31 and a 20 point game?  Guess what the other coach was not on the bench either.

and was probably "holding back" or "letting others play" or "showed nothing" too. ::)

Guest DickVitale

The Wheatley score was 37-30.........Shortt was there, he will tell you.  The reason MY guys will fare better with me on the sideline is due to our lack of chemistry right now....We played THREE VETERAN teams (by design, because I dont run from competition as most coaches in your area will do) and all three have been playing together for three plus years and can run without anyone on the bench right now....Mine obviously cannot RIGHT NOW...Its ok, I know you don't get it.

Don't lose your cool now.

The Wheatley score was 37-30....AAW you are a real piece of - - - -.....Shortt was there, he will tell you.  The reason MY guys will fare better with me on the sideline is due to our lack of chemistry right now....We played THREE VETERAN teams (by design, because I dont run from competition as most coaches in your area will do) and all three have been playing together for three plus years and can run without anyone on the bench right now....Mine obviously cannot RIGHT NOW...Its ok, I know you don't get it.

Oh is that a jab at a coach from this area? :D :D :D

Guest DickVitale

Shortt, I DO NOT PREPARE MY TEAM TO WIN FALL BALL GAMES...These teams were all lathered up and running their stuff....Why? I just want us to play, get in some shape, and build some team chemistry.  My mentor did it THE EXACT SAME WAY....Worked out pretty well for him, 3 state championships and 9 final four appearances later...(Yes, I am talking about Boutte)...I talked to him right after and he insists I am doing it the right way and I am OK with that...To get all lathered up now, can and will lead to a team that PEAKS WAY TOO EARLY, (i.e. Houston Bellaire, who in class 5A has THREE big 12 signees and has lost in the first round of the playoffs FIVE YEARS IN A ROW) I know what I am doing here...I have had some really good teachers....See you guys in the coming months.

Shortt, I DO NOT PREPARE MY TEAM TO WIN FALL BALL GAMES...These teams were all lathered up and running their stuff....Why? I just want us to play, get in some shape, and build some team chemistry.  My mentor did it THE EXACT SAME WAY....Worked out pretty well for him, 3 state championships and 9 final four appearances later...(Yes, I am talking about Boutte)...I talked to him right after and he insists I am doing it the right way and I am OK with that...To get all lathered up now, can and will lead to a team that PEAKS WAY TOO EARLY, (i.e. Houston Bellaire, who in class 5A has THREE big 12 signees and has lost in the first round of the playoffs FIVE YEARS IN A ROW) I know what I am doing here...I have had some really good teachers....See you guys in the coming months.

I understand that... I don't even think you have had time to put a system together.  I wasn't knocking your team for playing AAU ball, but that is the reason why they did not perform well.  This team will perform better next years fall ball just because they will have played together and will understand how to operate in a scheme.  Not because you have perepared them for fall ball, but because they will have greater knowledge!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder