WOS Volleyball forfeits district game for football game/Game rescheduled!!!

Bobcat1

Guest rykerx144

the only way I see this to be a probles is that if the forfeited win gives them a win that keeps another team out of the playoffs and or makes orange field eligible for the playoffs with the win then its not fair at all!!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone find it ironic that TD is talking about how it doesn't seem to be bothering the WOS volleyball team or coach to just give HJ a victory and then you read his tagline and it says "Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser". ;D

Just because someone hasn't spoken out about it that are involved in this, doesn't mean that it is not wrong and okay for this to happen. Maybe these folks feel a bit intimidated about coming forward.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. It's not for me to decide but it seems as though it needs to be right in your eyes or it's wrong!

No. I am only speaking for myself. It doesn't need to be right in my eyes. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Many folks have posted the same opinion as mine and all think that this is wrong.

There are many folks out there that do not stand up and complain when they have been wronged. This could very well be the case.

It still shouldn't stop anyone from voicing (or complaining as you put it) about what they think is wrong about this situation.

Does anyone find it ironic that TD is talking about how it doesn't seem to be bothering the WOS volleyball team or coach to just give HJ a victory and then you read his tagline and it says "Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser". ;D

That's funny, I agree, but no irony.

Just because someone hasn't spoken out about it that are involved in this, doesn't mean that it is not wrong and okay for this to happen. Maybe these folks feel a bit intimidated about coming forward.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. It's not for me to decide but it seems as though it needs to be right in your eyes or it's wrong!

No. I am only speaking for myself. It doesn't need to be right in my eyes. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Many folks have posted the same opinion as mine and all think that this is wrong.

There are many folks out there that do not stand up and complain when they have been wronged. This could very well be the case.

It still shouldn't stop anyone from voicing (or complaining as you put it) about what they think is wrong about this situation.

Absolutely! This is a forum full of predictions and opinions and I hope that it stays that way. I agree that many folks have posted as you have but none are affected by this situation.

You are also right that it could be the case that they aren't standing up for themselves but I am also right in the fact that might not be the case. It may not bother them at all. No one knows.

You're a good man TD, glad you saw the humor in this. I agree though I hate losing more than I love winning!!

Then maybe the two of us can go take on HJ in the volleyball game on Friday night. Ooops sorry I can't. My daughter is a cheerleader and she needs me to be there so she can help the team win with her cheers.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I could understand choosing softball over volleyball or basketball over football or anything competitive over anything competitive.

However if they don't cheer or dance no one loses. If they don't play a TEAM sport their TEAMates lose out. I read the game has been rescheduled not forfeited but still its wrong.

Also they can easily make it to the football game on time.

I could understand choosing softball over volleyball or basketball over football or anything competitive over anything competitive.

However if they don't cheer or dance no one loses. If they don't play a TEAM sport their TEAMates lose out. I read the game has been rescheduled not forfeited but still its wrong.

Please show me where you read this because by all counts, this will be a forfeit.

Please show me where you read this because by all counts, this will be a forfeit.

Thought it said that somwhere on first two pages...I was wrong that 1 time back in '76 though so maybe not lol

Well, I had to pull some string with the board. But if WOS can't afford gas to bus kids home after practice in the evenings I told them they could save a lot of gas money not taking this trip...lol

Good one.

Can I get a confirmation on this so GABE and I can start a new thread on the volleyball Forum  ie...

[move]WOS Football Forfeits non-district game for Vollleyball game [/move]

There seems to be a lot of discussion and speculation about this situation...it seems simple to me--reschedule.

To the football team, this means nothing being a non-district game--and they DON'T have to have cheerleaders or drill team, but these girls tried out and made the squad and IT IS important to them.  Also, it is important to play a district VB game.  But in a small school, where kids do multiple activities, they are pulled.  Though it means nothing to most people...to travel w your cheer or drill team to Houston for a football game IS a big deal to teenagers.  These girls made a committment to both and it is unfortunate to all. They did pay alot of money for cheer and drill, BUT they did commit to their coach for VB.

Is it that big of a deal to reschedule?  Maybe it is, I really don't know.  I think it is wise for Coach to say "no comment". To be honest, people would rip her apart if she commented...

Guest bleed orange

Yes WeedBegone, Hooks said he's growing tired of football in Southeast Texas being King and wants to step aside and let Volleyball take over... ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

The problem is "Girls" sports get no respect. These girls work just as hard as the boys do and I can promise you they are a lot meaner. ;D ;D

Yes WeedBegone, Hooks said he's growing tired of football in Southeast Texas being King and wants to step aside and let Volleyball take over... ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

The problem is "Girls" sports get no respect. These girls work just as hard as the boys do and I can promise you they are a lot meaner. ;D ;D

I agree so much with the latter part of your statement--they work hard and they can get mean.  I've had the wonderful opportunity to work with girl atheletes.

The respect thing is where we have just witnessed a set-back.  Lady Atheletes have made significant progress in recognition under TITLE IX.  But when you have a team forfeit an UIL event that does have a won-loss impact on a district race; for the reason of being in attendance to a male UIL event; you have slapped yourself in the face.  This issue can be summarized as "choice" defeats "committment".

BTW--this thread should not be in any way blamed on the WOS football program, however, the AD should have a little pow wow with the Volleyball team --first thing Monday morning.   I do not believe that drill team and cheerleading falls under his job description so he should have no trouble getting to the bottom of this from the view point of atheletics. .

Guest bleed orange

I agree so much with the latter part of your statement--they work hard and they can get mean.  I've had the wonderful opportunity to work with girl atheletes.

The respect thing is where we have just witnessed a set-back.  Lady Atheletes have made significant progress in recognition under TITLE IX.  But when you have a team forfeit an UIL event that does have a won-loss impact on a district race; for the reason of being in attendance to a male UIL event; you have slapped yourself in the face.  This issue can be summarized as "choice" defeats "committment".

BTW--this thread should not be in any way blamed on the WOS football program, however, the AD should have a little pow wow with the Volleyball team --first thing Monday morning.   I do not believe that drill team and cheerleading falls under his job description so he should have no trouble getting to the bottom of this from the view point of atheletics. .

I agree also.