WOS Volleyball forfeits district game for football game/Game rescheduled!!!

Bobcat1

There's ALOT of Schools where only one sport matters!

good point coop, in 21-3a let's name the one sport that matters.

wos- football and softball

bc-softball, football and baseball

of-girls basketball, girls softball

hj-girls and boys basketball, girls and boys baseball, football

hf-not sure

silsbee-If it moves their fans will support it

fill in the blank on the school's sport that matter, girls or boys.

I put in red what i have witnessed in regards to support.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wos- football

bc-

of-

hj-

hf-

silsbee-

Right here is where this gets out of hand....  Each coach at each of these schools care about the programs you all are about to start bashing.  Just because a school has success at one sport doesn't mean that that is the only sport that is cared about by the coaches, administrators, etc....

Please don't let the conversation go this way.......

wos- football

bc-

of-

hj-

hf-

silsbee-

Right here is where this gets out of hand....  Each coach at each of these schools care about the programs you all are about to start bashing.  Just because a school has success at one sport doesn't mean that that is the only sport that is cared about by the coaches, administrators, etc....

good point hj, i really think all schools treat all sports pretty equal, including wos, that just had a big hiccup this week.

wos- football

bc-

of-

hj-

hf-

silsbee-

That is the point that WOS fans have been trying to make. 

wos- football

bc-

of-

hj-

hf-

silsbee-

That is the point that WOS fans have been trying to make. 

These are two different things:

1.  WOS is leaving HJ without a VB game due to their inability to field a team.

2. To open up a conversation about other schools just to deflect the issue off of the WOS administration doesn't belong in a thread titled WOS forfiets district game for football game...

A post a while back in the Volleyball forum cited the problem of the Friday night conflict.

Now it seems it has gotten a little attention all of a sudden. As a parent of a multi sports playing kid, I still cannot understand the schools overlapping their programs and schedules as if all kids are not capable of more than one sport. Been dealing with this for years now.....Change the Volleyball to Monday, Thursday, and it will help the matter at hand.  WOS- At Least Show up for your District Schedules!!!!

A post a while back in the Volleyball forum cited the problem of the Friday night conflict.

Now it seems it has gotten a little attention all of a sudden. As a parent of a multi sports playing kid, I still cannot understand the schools overlapping their programs and schedules as if all kids are not capable of more than one sport. Been dealing with this for years now.....Change the Volleyball to Monday, Thursday, and it will help the matter at hand.  WOS- At Least Show up for your District Schedules!!!!

UIL rules state that contest can only be played on one school night a week thats why everyone plays mostly Tuesdays and Fridays because Friday is not a school night. Seems kike the main problem here is that the game is a long way off instead of here in the triangle area where you can still get to the game quickly

I remember a year ago that a coach wanted to cancel a non-district football game ( I didnt agree with him) but the man and the faculty were chastised on here by mostly WOS supporters. This is not any different, just a different sport.

All I can say is WOS is always being picked apart by a lot of people and posters. IF Anahuac or Deweyville or Evadale had done this it would not be such a big post bashing of Hooks(or the respective school's AD) nor their athletic program. Hypothetically speaking...... If UT does something like this it is brought to the lime light and if North Texas does the same thing it is not brought up.....

I agree, but WOS brings a lot of the negative on themselves........

This might be a fair statement.  I think that WOS is more scrutinized than every other school.

So, if that's true.......why?

I don't think it has to do with jealousy.....

I think it is because of the success of the football program.

That may be true for some, but it does not bother me.  I hope all of our schools from this area are successful.  I think it may be a perception but I don't think it holds to the majority.

I remember a year ago that a coach wanted to cancel a non-district football game ( I didnt agree with him) but the man and the faculty were chastised on here by mostly WOS supporters. This is not any different, just a different sport.

Good memory--I believe it was LCM that was chastised for not wanting to play because they were not fully recovered from the evacuation.  He eventually gave in and played under pressure.

This bit of information kind of makes us all human.

What is the reason for declining enrollment? Is it that bad over there? One thing is for sure, the "no comment" by the volleyball coach speaks volumes. Why do some people think west orange is getting bashed out of jealousy? What would they be jealous of? (I am not being rude, its just that i know very little about the situation over there, and i am looking for WO-S fans to give me some info)

What is the reason for declining enrollment? Is it that bad over there? One thing is for sure, the "no comment" by the volleyball coach speaks volumes. Why do some people think west orange is getting bashed out of jealousy? What would they be jealous of? (I am not being rude, its just that i know very little about the situation over there, and i am looking for WO-S fans to give me some info)

Your probably fixing to get more than you bargained for   ;D   ;D   8)

Wait there is one difference this v-ball game is a district game.

Maybe next year some local teams will step up and want to play WO-S in football and they want have to travel to places like Brokeshire Royal to play non-district games.

So now its everybody else's fault because they wont step up and play WOS? ::)