WOS Volleyball forfeits district game for football game/Game rescheduled!!!

Bobcat1

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact of the matter is this is not a cheerleading competition or drill team competition; it is a football game.  The boys are competing.  

If there was no drill team, cheerleaders, band are even fans in the stands the football game would go on.

Some of the examples mentioned on here were of kids choosing one competition (they were competing in) over another competition (they were competing in).  The difference being they were participants in the events and not spectators.  The girls need to compete in their sport, plain and simple.  

Why is this such a difficult concept ???

What evidence?

1. Your Moderator

2. Your a Poster of thread

3. Your a Hater of WOS

4. Deleted two post that posted against you....

Can't win against the Mod Mafia!

I'm GONE!

1. Your Moderator (actually, an administrator)

2. Your a Poster of thread (what thread, if this one, I am one a several, including other mods and admins)

3. Your a Hater of WOS (not true, but that's your opinion)

4. Deleted two post that posted against you.... (posts get deleted all the time by many moderators, not just me, even the posts that are about me)

Again, what evidence?

So long, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. ;D

Is this the Volleyboard board?

I said it needed to be put in the Volleyball forum about a 100 post ago but Gabe said it belongs on the football forum.

It cant  go in the volleyball forum because the football game caused the volley ball team to forfeit.  Besides this is becoming the hottest thread in football.  

What sucks is that the football team is not only losing football games this year, they are also spreading the misery to other sports at WOS. Losing can  be as contagious as winning.

Lets hope for a speedy recovery to the WOS football/volleyball program.  

And one more thing........

[move]OU STILL SUCKS!!![/move]

[move] AT VOLLEYBALL TO 2 TOO !!!![/move]

I really don't have a dog in this fight except my kids attend WOS. What I don't understand is that I have not seen nor have I seen where it has been reported that anyone from WOS has a problem with this. I haven't seen where anyone that this is affected (parents, student, VB players, VB coach, cheerleader, cheerleader sponsor, drill team member, drill team sponsor, AD, Super. or school board member) has had a problem or a complaint. I may have missed something though. It seems that only posters on here have a problem with it.

I really don't have a dog in this fight except my kids attend WOS. What I don't understand is that I have not seen nor have I seen where it has been reported that anyone from WOS has a problem with this. I haven't seen where anyone that this is affecting (parents, student, VB players, VB coach, cheerleader, cheerleader sponsor, drill team member, drill team sponsor, AD, Super. or school board member) has had a problem or a complaint. I may have missed something though. It seems that only posters on here have a problem with it.

Perhaps your right---I wonder if the HJ folks who planned on watching their daughters play Friday feel also ---might be considerate to ask them to come watch the WOS football game since their plans have changed.?

If I looked at the record right WOS is 4-1, not much losing going on. I don't know how a district game is not as important as a non-district game. If you are lucky enough to be given the God given talent to play mutable sports there are priorities that comes along with that. In High School winning district games is how you get to the next level of play. If your school goal at the start of the season is not to get to the playoffs then maybe a forfit is OK.

I really don't have a dog in this fight except my kids attend WOS. What I don't understand is that I have not seen nor have I seen where it has been reported that anyone from WOS has a problem with this. I haven't seen where anyone that this is affecting (parents, student, VB players, VB coach, cheerleader, cheerleader sponsor, drill team member, drill team sponsor, AD, Super. or school board member) has had a problem or a complaint. I may have missed something though. It seems that only posters on here have a problem with it.

Perhaps your right---I wonder if the HJ folks who planned on watching their daughters play Friday feel also ---might be considerate to ask them to come watch the WOS football game since their plans have changed.?

I don't know how they feel. I didn't say there wasn't anyone that had a problem with it. Maybe they do. I said I haven't heard anyone complain. On the other hand maybe just maybe they are excited about the fact that they got a or another district win. Who knows?

I would suspect that the 3 girls from WOS that aren't affiliated with the drill team or cheer aren't very happy and their parents probably aren't either but I was just saying we haven't heard from any of those people.

I would suspect that the 3 girls from WOS that aren't affiliated with the drill team or cheer aren't very happy and their parents probably aren't either but I was just saying we haven't heard from any of those people.

This is true, td. But contrary to popular belief, everyone in the Southeast Texas area is not a member of this site, yet. ;D

This is true, td. But contrary to popular belief, everyone in the Southeast Texas area is not a member of this site, yet. ;D

I know but no one was even reported to be unhappy from WOS. Coach or anyone else.

I know but no one was even reported to be unhappy from WOS. Coach or anyone else.

Not sure because the coach gave no comment. Who knows

Just because someone hasn't spoken out about it that are involved in this, doesn't mean that it is not wrong and okay for this to happen. Maybe these folks feel a bit intimidated about coming forward.

Maybe but maybe it just doesn't matter to anyone but the people on here that are complaining! I don't know.

I know because most athletes love just getting a win handed to them by a forfeit.  ::)

Will this forfeit affect Orangefield playoff chance, if not stop worrying about it.

How would anyone know who is going to the playoffs district JUST started.  ::) I know you're senstive about it being about WO-S, but I think this is a public forum to 'worry' where we want.  ::)

Just because someone hasn't spoken out about it that are involved in this, doesn't mean that it is not wrong and okay for this to happen. Maybe these folks feel a bit intimidated about coming forward.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. It's not for me to decide but it seems as though it needs to be right in your eyes or it's wrong!